• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz Cuts

In little play, Momberg shot 60% from the field, 67% from 3, and 75% from the line. The first two were best on team.

Keller shot 27% (29-109), 31% and 93%. She had a decent amount of rebounds. She also had a bunch of turnovers.

Albrecht 42, 50 and 65.

I completely understand and support the desire to get as many MT girls as possible but if you look at Binford's roster at MSU you will find very few MT girls on the team. Times have changed dramatically over the past several years and we are not going to have a consistent winning team unless Holsinger recruits from anywhere he can get good players who can adapt to his style

PlayerRep said:
In little play, Momberg shot 60% from the field, 67% from 3, and 75% from the line. The first two were best on team.

Keller shot 27% (29-109), 31% and 93%. She had a decent amount of rebounds. She also had a bunch of turnovers.

Albrecht 42, 50 and 65.

Look, it sucks to be in this situation. I agree. But let's be fair here. Momberg shot 5 shots ALL SEASON, 4 of which were against the College of Idaho in a 30 point win. She was 1-1 against D1 competition. 2 points. Only mentioning shooting percentage out-of-context to bring down Keller and Albrecht and the new coach isn't fair. Dixon was 2-28 from three the last 15 games. Ouch.

How is a player overall? Momberg and Dixon are short guards. How are their Assists/TO? Steals? Can they get shots off against elite speed? Fast enough to stay in front of elite speed on D? I haven't seen them play. But those are the types of arguments I'd like to see made instead. I've seen Keller and Albrecht play in high school and they have real potential. I haven't seen the other three.

Also, there are three cuts so far. Not four or five. Two were leaving before the new hire. Not that there won't be more, but again, let's be fair.

astutegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Albrecht 42, 50 and 65.

Look, it sucks to be in this situation. I agree. But let's be fair here. Momberg shot 5 shots ALL SEASON, 4 of which were against the College of Idaho in a 30 point win. She was 1-1 against D1 competition. 2 points. Only mentioning shooting percentage out-of-context to bring down Keller and Albrecht and the new coach isn't fair. Dixon was 2-28 from three the last 15 games. Ouch.

How is a player overall? Momberg and Dixon are short guards. How are their Assists/TO? Steals? Can they get shots off against elite speed? Fast enough to stay in front of elite speed on D? I haven't seen them play. But those are the types of arguments I'd like to see made instead. I've seen Keller and Albrecht play in high school and they have real potential. I haven't seen the other three.

Also, there are three cuts so far. Not four or five. Two were leaving before the new hire. Not that there won't be more, but again, let's be fair.

How can you comment on players you have never seen play? I said Momberg had few stats in my post. I wasn’t trying to make anyone look bad. I provided the stats from the stats sheet. Momberg isn’t a short guard. She is 5’8”, the same as Keller. I know how players are evaluated. I already looked at those numbers. You haven’t. I also know what Petrino thought of Momberg. You are spouting off with little or no facts.

I am told there are 6 cuts. Again, get some facts before spewing none sense.

PlayerRep said:

Albrecht 42, 50 and 65.

agree with most of what you say however not on this, Momberg sample size way too small to even mention, can tell you based on athleticism, potential and eye test Keller is far better

PlayerRep said:
astutegriz said:

How can you comment on players you have never seen play? I said Momberg had few stats in my post. I wasn’t trying to make anyone look bad. I provided the stats from the stats sheet. Momberg isn’t a short guard. She is 5’8”, the same as Keller. I know how players are evaluated. I already looked at those numbers. You haven’t. I also know what Petrino thought of Momberg. You are spouting off with little or no facts.

You pick a side and argue it, facts be damned. I look at facts and make a decision, maybe even change my mind. You're response doesn't even make sense. I gave facts and asked questions. What is my comment?

wyomingriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Albrecht 42, 50 and 65.

agree with most of what you say however not on this, Momberg sample size way too small to even mention, can tell you based on athleticism, potential and eye test Keller is far better

I used the only stats available. Member’s is a good shooter. I wasn’t comparing to Keller or anyone. I know what Petrino thinks of her and her potential. Have you ever seen Momberg play?

Also cut: Mills, and Both Schweyens. (Shelby's contribution to the team for the past year is to hold a clip board and ride a bike on the side line---after 3 knee operations, her hope to play is pretty dismal).

astutegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

You pick a side and argue it, facts be damned. I look at facts and make a decision, maybe even change my mind. You're response doesn't even make sense. I gave facts and asked questions. What is my comment?

No, I used facts. You don’t. You don’t know number of cuts. Don’t know Momberg isn’t short. Don’t know what Petrino thought of her. You apparently have never seen Momberg play. You are mostly hot air on this one. I do my analysis and gather facts before I choose what to say or argue.

maroonandsilver said:
Also cut: Mills, and Both Schweyens. (Shelby's contribution to the team for the past year is to hold a clip board and ride a bike on the side line---after 3 knee operations, her hope to play is pretty dismal).

She told me this week that she is healed up and good to go. I am surprised they got cut. I liked them. Thought they were good players with more potential if they could stay healthy. I feel bad for them. I am sure they were shocked. At least, I won’t be only person in town questioning moves by the coach. Thx for info.

PlayerRep said:
astutegriz said:

No, I used facts. You don’t. You don’t know number of cuts. Don’t know Momberg isn’t short. Don’t know what Petrino thought of her. You apparently have never seen Momberg play. You are mostly hot air on this one. I do my analysis and gather facts before I choose what to say or argue.

Sorry to offend. This went sideways. Importantly, I think Momberg looks to be a good player by the videos. Good shooter and scorer. Hard worker. Heard she is a good kid. Has a future somewhere. My intent was that I know your targeted two, Keller and Albrecht, are D1 athletes. I didn't imply others aren't. For your specific points, people added two transfers to the early total saying 5 when there were 3. Second, I did know her height. She is the second shortest on the team, one inch taller than the shortest. I think 5'8" is short by D1 standards. Also, you are correct. I don't know Petrino's thoughts. I just know he didn't play her much which didn't help. Next, I am indeed full of hot air. Finally, I am as data driven and fact based as anyone I know.

astutegriz said:
I think 5'8" is short by D1 standards.

No dog in this fight but I read this and thought there is no way this could be true. Based on what I have seen, especially at either of the guard positions, 5'8" is far from short. This is in all of D1. If anything it is "average". Then take in the fact that for some of these women, who are very talented, the difference between 5'6" and 5'9" is the difference between playing in the Big Sky or playing in a Power 5 conference.

Here is a link of average heights for women based on position.

https://www.ncsasports.org/womens-basketball/recruiting-guidelines#:~:text=In%20NCAA%20Division%201%20women%27s,height%20is%205%276%E2%80%9D.

When you get rid of 1/2 the team you better be sure you can bring in some serious talent to replace those girls. If you don't the criticism after your first year will be tremendous.

ilovethecats said:
astutegriz said:
I think 5'8" is short by D1 standards.

No dog in this fight but I read this and thought there is no way this could be true. Based on what I have seen, especially at either of the guard positions, 5'8" is far from short. This is in all of D1. If anything it is "average". Then take in the fact that for some of these women, who are very talented, the difference between 5'6" and 5'9" is the difference between playing in the Big Sky or playing in a Power 5 conference.

https://www.ncsasports.org/womens-basketball/recruiting-guidelines#:~:text=In%20NCAA%20Division%201%20women%27s,height%20is%205%276%E2%80%9D.

Of course, 5'8" isn't short. Stills is 5'9". MacKenzie Johnston was 5'7". No one ever called her short. Thx.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

Of course, 5'8" isn't short. Stills is 5'9". MacKenzie Johnston was 5'7". No one ever called her short. Thx.

The Nation champion, Stanford, started two guards at 5'8". So, definitely not too short. AstuteGriz may rely on facts. Just not the correct stats. Must check his sources better.

astutegriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Sorry to offend. This went sideways. Importantly, I think Momberg looks to be a good player by the videos. Good shooter and scorer. Hard worker. Heard she is a good kid. Has a future somewhere. My intent was that I know your targeted two, Keller and Albrecht, are D1 athletes. I didn't imply others aren't. For your specific points, people added two transfers to the early total saying 5 when there were 3. Second, I did know her height. She is the second shortest on the team, one inch taller than the shortest. I think 5'8" is short by D1 standards. Also, you are correct. I don't know Petrino's thoughts. I just know he didn't play her much which didn't help. Next, I am indeed full of hot air. Finally, I am as data driven and fact based as anyone I know.

No offense taken. We are good. I also like data. That's why I provided data for Momberg and some other frosh. I didn't target anyone; not in any respect. I provided some stats for several frosh. I said Keller had a number rebounds,. That isn't targeting. Nobody in the know in the Cuts thread was including players who had already said they were leaving. Those in the know were saying a higher number. I said 5-7. That came from a parent. You need to learn who has good info and who doesn't. Again, we are good. Thx for post.

putter said:
When you get rid of 1/2 the team you better be sure you can bring in some serious talent to replace those girls. If you don't the criticism after your first year will be tremendous.

That's true. We need to be deep on the bench for sure. I'm wondering how he will split the 6 available spots up. Given the extra eligibility year for players. He will have to juggle a bit with additional immediate impact players and then what he is to play on 4 years from now. Will he save 2 or 3 for next recruiting class? Or will he just make cuts every year? If he constantly cuts players he won't be a popular guy at Montana. With 8 new faces in the program next year who knows what will happen.

PlayerRep said:
ilovethecats said:

Not to mention it's basketball so you automatically take at least an inch off the height listed on the roster. ;)

putter said:

I will give him a pass for year 1. He made the move he believes are necessary to start the rebuild, and personally, I can't argue with any of them. I am not expecting miracles over night.

HelenaHandBasket said:
putter said:

I will give him a pass for year 1. He made the move he believes are necessary to start the rebuild, and personally, I can't argue with any of them. I am not expecting miracles over night.
I agree give him a year.

Latest posts

Back