• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz Cuts

EverettGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
Hauck didn't take away almost half of the scholarships when he arrived in the first week he arrived. That would have impacted 35 or 40 of the players. He didn't immediately cut almost half of the team, nor did he do that in the first year. I assume Hauck didn't pull or shift any scholarships until after spring ball, i.e. the players had a chance to show their stuff. The LG coach pulled 6 of 13 scholarships. I doubt Hauck pulled 6 of 63 scholarships. Do you even follow the football program? There's no comparison between what the new LG coach and what Hauck did. Not even close.

Evidently the football roster was in considerably better shape then the LG roster, then.

Or the new LG coach cut too deep. Note that the first cut player to sign with a new team went D-I. Where are all the hotshot new signees? I thought there would be more by now. I assume there will be multiple good-looking signees.

PlayerRep said:
EverettGriz said:
Evidently the football roster was in considerably better shape then the LG roster, then.

Or the new LG coach cut too deep. Note that the first cut player to sign with a new team went D-I. Where are all the hotshot new signees? I thought there would be more by now. I assume there will be multiple good-looking signees.

I've heard there is at least one that's not so good looking but supposed to be a good player!

Robin Selvig had one of the best coaching records in the nation of any sport. He was successful in winning the conference most years which enabled him to compete on the national level in the NCAA tournaments. Robin was a hard working, talented coach and a very good recruiter. He was able to build, maintain his teams over the years mostly with Montana athletes with a few regional athletes.
Robin Selvig was exceptionally successful with his model of college coaching and his record at Montana likely will never be duplicated.
We have a new coach with fresh ideas and a desire to rebuild a championship program. Let’s hope he can reach the goal of the Lady Griz once again becoming a successful college regional ladies basketball program.

Latest posts

Back