• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz Cuts

I feel bad for the girls who got cut. With that being said I don’t think any of them were division one basketball players. Like I said we have a roster full of NAIA talent due to previous terrible recruiting from coach Schweyen. It was obvious she was setting this program backwards and it’s still gonna take a while to get out of it. Time to bring in some legit talent!

HookedonGriz said:
I feel bad for the girls who got cut. With that being said I don’t think any of them were division one basketball players. Like I said we have a roster full of NAIA talent due to previous terrible recruiting from coach Schweyen. It was obvious she was setting this program backwards and it’s still gonna take a while to get out of it. Time to bring in some legit talent!

You have no clue what the talent level was.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

Actually I do. All it took was watching them play a team in the upper 4-5 of the conference to see their talent level was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below any of those teams. I will stand by exactly what I stated for a while now.....half the team is naia and D2 talent, which is still an accomplishment for them. Just watch and see where some of them transfer to and you’ll see that as well. I’m very surprised you’d take the stance that the talent on the team was strong and d1 level, especially after how much hoops you claim to watch.

HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

Actually I do. All it took was watching them play a team in the upper 4-5 of the conference to see their talent level was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below any of those teams. I will stand by exactly what I stated for a while now.....half the team is naia and D2 talent, which is still an accomplishment for them. Just watch and see where some of them transfer to and you’ll see that as well. I’m very surprised you’d take the stance that the talent on the team was strong and d1 level, especially after how much hoops you claim to watch.

:thumb: Nailed it, Hooked!

HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

It is clear that PR has no idea when it comes to basketball. His main hang up is the belief that a Native American player didn't get a fair shot seemingly because he has a personal relationship with the family. Sounds a lot like grinding axes.

maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:
, or
:thumb: Nailed it, Hooked!

Don't agree with either of you. You didn't see the frosh play much, or the ones cut. The Schweyens were D-I, even if not starter quality. As I have said all along, had the LG had the 2 transfers who left during the Shannon stuff, the team would have been fine last season. I Agee that the team wasn't deep enough to withstand the loss of those two players. We shall see how many first team all-conference players that the new coach brings in this year. Again, I expect the new coach to do well, but I would not have been as brutal as he has been. I would never cut a player via zoom. I believe in treating people well (except for some of you assholes on egriz, ha).

HelenaHandBasket said:
HookedonGriz said:

It is clear that PR has no idea when it comes to basketball. His main hang up is the belief that a Native American player didn't get a fair shot seemingly because he has a personal relationship with the family. Sounds a lot like grinding axes.

I know more about basketball and the LG basketball team than you do. You probably never even won an intramural championship. Would you cut players, or employees, via a zoom call? Shannon has a lot of former LG friends. I wonder what their views will be.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I know more about basketball and the LG basketball team than you do. You probably never even won an intramural championship. Would you cut players, or employees, via a zoom call? Shannon has a lot of former LG friends. I wonder what their views will be.

Still grinding.

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I don't think a Zoom call is ideal But you need to realize it is finals week and kids are leaving and they need to know so they can plan for their own future. Coach Holsigner was not even in Missoula for at least the first half of this week, when notifications were sent. So, in order for him to notify in a timely manner, it had to be done remotely, therefore Zoom. It may have not been ideal, and you and I probably both come from past of less technology stuff, but that is the present, and no doubt the future.

And PR, a while back you requested of me to ask Search Committee members who was offered the job first. I know a few of the committee members, but only asked 2. They were adamant that Brian was asked first, and accepted. They told me that Holsigner was very impressive in his presentations and preparations for the interviews. The committee narrowed the field to 4, and Haslam took it from there. It soon became a field of 3 as the woman from North Texas withdrew. One committee member told me that Campbell had been rejected for more than one job application before getting the job at Sac State (and really, who in their right mind with turn down the Lady Griz job and live in Missoula, to take Sac State?!).

maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

I don't think a Zoom call is ideal But you need to realize it is finals week and kids are leaving and they need to know so they can plan for their own future. Coach Holsigner was not even in Missoula for at least the first half of this week, when notifications were sent. So, in order for him to notify in a timely manner, it had to be done remotely, therefore Zoom. It may have not been ideal, and you and I probably both come from past of less technology stuff, but that is the present, and no doubt the future.

And PR, a while back you requested of me to ask Search Committee members who was offered the job first. I know a few of the committee members, but only asked 2. They were adamant that Brian was asked first, and accepted. They told me that Holsigner was very impressive in his presentations and preparations for the interviews. The committee narrowed the field to 4, and Haslam took it from there. It soon became a field of 3 as the woman from North Texas withdrew. One committee member told me that Campbell had been rejected for more than one job application before getting the job at Sac State (and really, who in their right mind with turn down the Lady Griz job and live in Missoula, to take Sac State?!).

Haslam is the one who offered Campbell (Note your Haslam took it from there comment.). From a very good source. Also, others on egriz have confirmed that they heard the same thing. Looks like your sources don't know what occurred. My source said that Haslam offered Campbell, not the committee. Campbell was actually going to get let-go by Oregon, I heard, so he had to move on.

PlayerRep said:
maroonandsilver said:

Haslam is the one who offered Campbell (Note your Haslam took it from there comment.). From a very good source. Also, others on egriz have confirmed that they heard the same thing. Looks like your sources don't know what occurred. My source said that Haslam offered Campbell, not the committee. Campbell was actually going to get let-go by Oregon, I heard, so he had to move on.
As I said, my sources are members of the committee. And they say you are wrong.

maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

Your sources apparently don't know and are wrong, or won't tell you. My sources are better than yours and have spoken more freely with me. You admitted that the committee picked 4 finalists and let Haslam proceed. I assume Haslam didn't want that to leak out, but it did.

See grizindabox post on the subject:

grizindabox wrote: ↑Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:52 am
Griz1 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:31 am

Maybe, just maybe, it didn’t happen .

I actually heard the same thing as PR.

PlayerRep said:
maroonandsilver said:

Your sources apparently don't know and are wrong, or won't tell you. My sources are better than yours and have spoken more freely with me. You admitted that the committee picked 4 finalists and let Haslam proceed. I assume Haslam didn't want that to leak out, but it did.

Since you said in another posting how you know Krista ( member of the Committee) so well, I suggest you ask her. You might also ask her what she thinks of the Holsigner hire. You might be disappointed in her response.

maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

Since you said in another posting how you know Krista ( member of the Committee) so well, I suggest you ask her. You might also ask her what she thinks of the Holsigner hire. You might be disappointed in her response.

Since initially posting this I have heard some conflicting info. What I can say is that members of the committee were divided to some extent between two of the finalists. I have not been able to confirm to any extent how Haslem proceeded, meaning not sure if he really approached Campbell or zeroed in on Holsinger right away. I will add that Holsinger was a name associated with Haslem right after he decided to move on from Shannon.

grizindabox said:
maroonandsilver said:

Since initially posting this I have heard some conflicting info. What I can say is that members of the committee were divided to some extent between two of the finalists. I have not been able to confirm to any extent how Haslem proceeded, meaning not sure if he really approached Campbell or zeroed in on Holsinger right away. I will add that Holsinger was a name associated with Haslem right after he decided to move on from Shannon.

Haslam obviously didn’t tell the whole committee what he did. Why would he? He presumably just made his decision and placed a call.

One thing I've learned by reading this thread is.....If you want something to be made public, tell PR....if you want something to remain private, don't even mention it around PR.....And through knowing that info, PR can be used by the people in power......even is he thinks he isn't.....(Loose lips sink ships)

sacstateman said:
One thing I've learned by reading this thread is.....If you want something to be made public, tell PR....if you want something to remain private, don't even mention it around PR.....And through knowing that info, PR can be used by the people in power......even is he thinks he isn't.....(Loose lips sink ships)

Nothing I said was confidential, and I didn’t divulge any sources. And I know more.

PlayerRep said:
sacstateman said:

Nothing I said was confidential, and I didn’t divulge any sources. And I know more.

Get a life DUDE!

maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

Of course, Krista likes the hire. I've had several emails with her in recent days. My wife and I have been friends with her and her family for over 20 years. Her mom taught 3 of our kids. My wife taught both of her boys, I believe. When they and we are at LG games, the boys come visit my wife.

Back