• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

AZGrizFan’s Bobby Hauck Predictions

AZGrizFan said:
schield said:
Say what you want about Bobby not winning the "big one" but he is the only coach in UM history to take the Griz on the road (non-neutral site) and win a game...JMU. Helluva game, I was there.

And yet, prior to that game, ONE of the knocks on Bobby was that he could NOT win away from the friendly confines of Wa/Griz.

Yep great game. Tough win. JMU was good and that was an unfriendly environment. The kind of win you have to be capable of to win a championship. Too bad that year didnt end in a other great win!

cmtgrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
schield said:
Say what you want about Bobby not winning the "big one" but he is the only coach in UM history to take the Griz on the road (non-neutral site) and win a game...JMU. Helluva game, I was there.

And yet, prior to that game, ONE of the knocks on Bobby was that he could NOT win away from the friendly confines of Wa/Griz.

Yep great game. Tough win. JMU was good and that was an unfriendly environment. The kind of win you have to be capable of to win a championship. Too bad that year didnt end in a other great win!

It was a great atmosphere. My son and I attended. I think there was a track around the field, tho, which I hate. I liked the town too. Pretty area.

I was in residency at Duke. A friend of mine from residency (he is from AR and a big Razorback fan) drove up that evening. He is a griz fan now (secondary to the Razorbacks of course) and had a great time and was impressed with the football that night. JMU student section was hostile (nicest way I can put it) and after their behavior it was enjoyable watching them leave the stadium absolutely crushed.

schield said:
I seem to remember Don Read winning a big game on the road in 1995. :thumb:

Let's also throw in that Bobby's team won't have as much swagger as they used to.

Watched an old highlight and noticed how much targeting, taunting and standing over players the Griz used to do. All that has been taken out of the game by penalties now.

GrizWhiz said:
schield said:
I seem to remember Don Read winning a big game on the road in 1995. :thumb:

For real schield educate yourself man. There have been plenty of big road wins in the modern era under other coaches, with none bigger than the win at Marshall against Marshall for the natty in ‘95.

Let's review quickly, shall we? Haslam was going to give a 3 year extension if Stitt won the Brawl, but only one year if he lost. But the boosters told him to fire Stitt or start looking for a new job as well.
Bobby had ties to the boosters from all those years here. Let's say Bobby lets the boosters know that he would be available if called, so Haslam calls him.
At this point, it's win-win. If Bobby succeeds, Haslam can hit the big donors for more money. If Bobby fails, then Haslam can hit the donors again by reminding them that Bobby was their choice.
Don't see anyway it's anybody but Bobby at this point.

fencer24 said:
Let's review quickly, shall we? Haslam was going to give a 3 year extension if Stitt won the Brawl, but only one year if he lost. But the boosters told him to fire Stitt or start looking for a new job as well.
Bobby had ties to the boosters from all those years here. Let's say Bobby lets the boosters know that he would be available if called, so Haslam calls him.
At this point, it's win-win. If Bobby succeeds, Haslam can hit the big donors for more money. If Bobby fails, then Haslam can hit the donors again by reminding them that Bobby was their choice.

This is what I think too.

PlayerRep said:
fencer24 said:

This is what I think too.

This...is spot on

fencer24 said:

Great post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrizMusician said:
fencer24 said:

Great post.

So well-heeled boosters get to decided who the coach is, who the AD is and whether or not the AD gets to keep his job?

AZGrizFan said:
GrizMusician said:
fencer24 said:

Great post.

So well-heeled boosters get to decided who the coach is, who the AD is and whether or not the AD gets to keep his job?

Just like the largest owners and shareholders of banks get to decide who the board of directors are and who the bank president is.

AZGrizFan said:
GrizMusician said:
fencer24 said:

Great post.

Except for one thing, some people with good contact information, are stating that Stitt indeed was offered one year, and he turned it down - so he was terminated.

One.Cool.Customer said:
Htowngriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Everybody seemingly forgets that stitthead had plenty of guys get in trouble as well-in fewer years-
Strong,Strahm,Van Ackeren,Counts x 2, Schmaing, Gamboa, Kose....(I plagiarised these names from another post for ease of access).

bunch of limp wristed nancies on here, afraid of a coach with some intestinal fortitude.

I'm all for Bobbyball coming back. Nobody is going to be perfect, no OC is going to call the play that us armchair qb's think is best, we aren't going to win every game, no DC is going to dial up the right pressure every time....people getting upset because he didn't "win the big one" I get that...he did however take us there, MANY TIMES. Couple plays here and there, and we have a couple more trophies in the case.

Well f*** me runnin'. If THAT'S what we're talking about, a couple plays here and there and we're UNDEFEATED this year! And seeded #1! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, Bobby did beat a number of very good teams en route to those title game appearances. And in the case of the last two, ran into a couple of players that no one else in FCS was able to stop, either. Oh, and stopped throwing to Mariani... :twisted:

Ironically, I’m drinking a Szczur right now.

I see what you did here. :thumb:

GrizMusician said:
fencer24 said:

Great post.

Add in J.S. getting rehired at NAU within hours of firing announcement. It then seems inevitable. Although it is possible he would pull his hat back out of the NAU ring just for a shot at the UM opening.

ordigger said:
AZGrizFan said:
GrizMusician said:
fencer24 said:

Great post.

Except for one thing, some people with good contact information, are stating that Stitt indeed was offered one year, and he turned it down - so he was terminated.

Which was probably very predictable and therefore without much risk for Haslam to do so.

SoldierGriz said:
Which was probably very predictable and therefore without much risk for Haslam to do so.
[/quote]

This has been brewing since Hauck's preseason "I'm available" announcement, so no surprises so far. But I'd be floored if Stitt turned down a 1-year extension. If true, maybe he was a little daunted by next year's extra-challenging schedule in the context of such high expectations? But still, seems illogical to turn down even a 1-year unless you have a backup plan...

Griz Man said:
SoldierGriz said:

This has been brewing since Hauck's preseason "I'm available" announcement, so no surprises so far. But I'd be floored if Stitt turned down a 1-year extension. If true, maybe he was a little daunted by next year's extra-challenging schedule in the context of such high expectations? But still, seems illogical to turn down even a 1-year unless you have a backup plan...
[/quote]

I don't know. Egos are powerful. He might have seen 1 year as a slap in the face, and troubling for recruiting and his assistant coaches. Who knows?

Back