• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

AZGrizFan’s Bobby Hauck Predictions

Griz Man said:
SoldierGriz said:
Except for one thing, some people with good contact information, are stating that Stitt indeed was offered one year, and he turned it down - so he was terminated.
Which was probably very predictable and therefore without much risk for Haslam to do so.

This has been brewing since Hauck's preseason "I'm available" announcement, so no surprises so far. But I'd be floored if Stitt turned down a 1-year extension. If true, maybe he was a little daunted by next year's extra-challenging schedule in the context of such high expectations? But still, seems illogical to turn down even a 1-year unless you have a backup plan...
[/quote]

Somebody last week mentioned him possibly not coming back implying he had something else in the works.

SoldierGriz said:
Griz Man said:
SoldierGriz said:
Except for one thing, some people with good contact information, are stating that Stitt indeed was offered one year, and he turned it down - so he was terminated.
Which was probably very predictable and therefore without much risk for Haslam to do so.

This has been brewing since Hauck's preseason "I'm available" announcement, so no surprises so far. But I'd be floored if Stitt turned down a 1-year extension. If true, maybe he was a little daunted by next year's extra-challenging schedule in the context of such high expectations? But still, seems illogical to turn down even a 1-year unless you have a backup plan...

I don't know. Egos are powerful. He might have seen 1 year as a slap in the face, and troubling for recruiting and his assistant coaches. Who knows?[/quote]
That’s a hell of an ego to lose everyone their jobs rather than perform and keep them. I can’t fathom that they offered Stitt a 1 year and he turned it down. If that is the case I’d spike everyone to know so people quit feeling bad for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dupuyer griz said:
SoldierGriz said:
Griz Man said:
SoldierGriz said:

I don't know. Egos are powerful. He might have seen 1 year as a slap in the face, and troubling for recruiting and his assistant coaches. Who knows?
That’s a hell of an ego to lose everyone their jobs rather than perform and keep them. I can’t fathom that they offered Stitt a 1 year and he turned it down. If that is the case I’d spike everyone to know so people quit feeling bad for him.

[/quote]

I agree that I can’t imagine Stitt turned down a one year contract after the Cat loss. My guess is that the Cat loss resulted in supporters and others causing Haslam to rethink what he might have otherwise done. Remaining support for Stitt seemed to disappear quickly after the loss.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
AZGrizFan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Your argument is flawed dude. stitt sucked, should have never been hired and Haslam made a good decision to get rid of him. I can't wait to see what you spew out on the forum at the 1st sign of something you don't like from the next coach.

I've already published my predictions about the next coach and his eventual demise here on eGriz...
If it is Bobby, do you really believe he will fail?

If it is Bobby, I am not 100% sure he will equal his last stint at Montana. Some will think that is a fail, but yeah, AZ is a little over-the-top.

The league as a whole is stronger than it was when Hauck left. It’ll be harder this time around.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
AZGrizFan said:
Hawkeyebowhunter said:
Your argument is flawed dude. stitt sucked, should have never been hired and Haslam made a good decision to get rid of him. I can't wait to see what you spew out on the forum at the 1st sign of something you don't like from the next coach.

I've already published my predictions about the next coach and his eventual demise here on eGriz...

If it is Bobby, I am not 100% sure he will equal his last stint at Montana. Some will think that is a fail, but yeah, AZ is a little over-the-top.

Interesting, because I’m 100% sure he will NOT equal his last stint at Montana. To ask ANY coach to come in here and go 80-17 in these days of an unbalanced schedule and parity among teams is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Post Falls Griz said:
Griz Man said:
SoldierGriz said:

Somebody last week mentioned him possibly not coming back implying he had something else in the works.
[/quote]

Wasn't even offered !

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
AZGrizFan said:

Interesting, because I’m 100% sure he will NOT equal his last stint at Montana. To ask ANY coach to come in here and go 80-17 in these days of an unbalanced schedule and parity among teams is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Pretty sure most that are for Hauck know this , we have never been known to be sugar coaters lol

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
AZGrizFan said:

This. :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
AZGrizFan said:

Personally, if he can get us back to regularly competing for national titles, I don't really care if he matches that winning percentage. As has been said it's not the same conference as when he left.

Htowngriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:

Personally, if he can get us back to regularly competing for national titles, I don't really care if he matches that winning percentage. As has been said it's not the same conference as when he left.

Hell let's just start by winning the conference again on a regular basis, when's the last time...2010?

That's bullshit for this program.

ari gold said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:

The chances of him matching 80-17 again are not likely. Predicting against this doesn't make you a serious prognosticator :roll: You are simply mouthing off with the odds. His past performance was beyond ridiculous. Anything in that ball park is fine. Just give us solid fundamentals and strong decision making when it is called upon. I don't expect idiotic blitz calls on multiple 3rd and forever downs... :egriz:

rimrockgriz said:
ari gold said:
AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

The chances of him matching 80-17 again are not likely. Predicting against this doesn't make you a serious prognosticator :roll: You are simply mouthing off with the odds. His past performance was beyond ridiculous. Anything in that ball park is fine. Just give us solid fundamentals and strong decision making when it is called upon. I don't expect idiotic blitz calls on multiple 3rd and forever downs... :egriz:

I didn’t predict anything. I guaranteed it. :cool:

And please define “in the ballpark”. How many first round losses at home is he allowed, how many NC losses because of a failure to make halftime adjustments is he granted? How long is his rope in your mind?

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
AZGrizFan said:

I'm w AZ on this! Move along nothing to see here.

AZGrizFan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky said:
AZGrizFan said:

I am lukewarm on Hauck but am fine with not bringing back Stitt. I will be surprised if the Griz win more than 6-7 games no matter the coach next season.

AZGrizFan said:
rimrockgriz said:
ari gold said:
AZGrizFan said:

And please define “in the ballpark”. How many first round losses at home is he allowed, how many NC losses because of a failure to make halftime adjustments is he granted? How long is his rope in your mind?

First round home losses allowed 1 out of 4 years. Unlimited number of national championship game losses allowed. Unlimited number of players going to NFL allowed. Unlimited amount of taunting of Cats allowed.

My prediction is that Hauck won’t kick off to start both halves...no matter how good his special teams are!

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
rimrockgriz said:
ari gold said:

First round home losses allowed 1 out of 4 years. Unlimited number of national championship game losses allowed. Unlimited number of players going to NFL allowed. Unlimited amount of taunting of Cats allowed.
Why 4 years? Shouldn’t the next coach be expected to produce in three years just as Stitt was?

Fahque said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
rimrockgriz said:

Why 4 years? Shouldn’t the next coach be expected to produce in three years just as Stitt was?
That says first round playoff losses every 4 years, not limp dick the former coaches team into the playoffs and give up a couple of late term abortions of a performance against the cats.

Back