• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What games are you most excited about for your team's fall schedule?

IMHO, I fell the Griz chance of winning is 45% and 55% for losing. On AGS anything can happen. I think the Griz can be a "miracle on ice" type team. We've done it before. It's in our blood. I feel this game will go down in Griz history.

I hate to even bring this up since discussion of the UW game has caused some contention, however several of you have said that the Huskies will be a top 10 team when we play them. I'm wondering what you're basing that on since I've been looking at some of the preseason polls and no one has them ranked that high. As a matter of fact, they are falling more in the 22 to 24 range, and not making one poll at all. I really don't know that much about FBS teams but from my little bit of research I found that the Huskies have a new(ish) coach and they only played four games in 2020 so it seems like no one really knows what to make of them for this year.

Obviously, even a #22-24 ranked FBS team is going to have far better talent across the board, and speed is going to be the biggest factor. Therefore, I'm not going to do anything crazy like predict we will beat them, but I'm wondering if we might be able to keep it a little closer than we think. It seems to me that a strong showing against the Huskies, even with a loss, could do well for us in our own polls. Plus, I'm always hopeful for a miracle. 😉

My take is that I see no way that the Griz offense can generate enough points to keep this game super close. I struggle to believe that the Griz offense can sustain many drives and may not even get to double digit first downs. The running game is suspect, the OL is not a great strength even at the FCS level, and the QB position may be solid for FCS and the BSC, but in this type of game, the QB has to be more than that.

I feel this year's Griz team is much better than most posters realize. Our coaches are excellent, most of our student athletes are FBS level talent (height, weight, speed, agility), our key transfers fill holes and we are deep at each position. I feel we will have that "Wow" factor this year. UW won't know what hits them. They won't expect it. Like spring FB our fall FB will be better.

Go Griz

SoCal Surfer said:
I feel this year's Griz team is much better than most posters realize. Our coaches are excellent, most of our student athletes are FBS level talent (height, weight, speed, agility), our key transfers fill holes and we are deep at each position. I feel we will have that "Wow" factor this year. UW won't know what hits them. They won't expect it. Like spring FB our fall FB will be better.

Go Griz

That’s the right attitude Surfer. We have considerable talent and good coaches. If we have a good game plan and our players have a positive attitude, we can win this game.

SoCal Surfer said:

Go Griz

Bobby seems more excited about this team than any in recent memory. That speaks volumes, IMHO.

AZGrizFan said:
SoCal Surfer said:

Go Griz

Bobby seems more excited about this team than any in recent memory. That speaks volumes, IMHO.

This!

AZGrizFan said:
SoCal Surfer said:

Go Griz

I've never seen him so positive about a team. At the Billings BBQ, I asked him what he was most positive about. He said the depth; the 2's are just about as good as the 1's.

Spanky2 said:
SoCal Surfer said:

Go Griz

That’s the right attitude Surfer. We have considerable talent and good coaches. If we have a good game plan and our players have a positive attitude, we can win this game.

:clap: That's the spirit! I remember you playing UW in 2017, feel free to go back and look at those threads where people made the same predictions about the griz knocking of the Huskies. 63 to 7. Keep it up though because I always win a bunch of money off overconfident griz fans thinking you're going to be able to hang with them this year. For the record, I think you'll fare MUCH better against them this year, I'm thinking more like the game where you played Oregon a few years back.

poorgriz said:
Spanky2 said:

:clap: That's the spirit! I remember you playing UW in 2017, feel free to go back and look at those threads where people made the same predictions about the griz knocking of the Huskies. 63 to 7. Keep it up though because I always win a bunch of money off overconfident griz fans thinking you're going to be able to hang with them this year. For the record, I think you'll fare MUCH better against them this year, I'm thinking more like the game where you played Oregon a few years back.

I agree, PG. It's a very tall ask, but I'd take 38-just about anything, honestly. :lol: :lol:

poorgriz said:
Spanky2 said:

We can do more than hang with them. If we take the fight to them, we can beat them. No doubt they will be a good team, but they aren’t Alabama or Clemson.

Spanky2 said:
poorgriz said:
We can do more than hang with them. If we take the fight to them, we can beat them. No doubt they will be a good team, but they aren’t Alabama or Clemson.

While that's true, it's also true that Washington is far closer to Alabama than we are to Washington. That's no slam, just reality. It's also not to say Montana isn't a good football team, or even that we have no chance to win. But the reality is that it would be one of the largest upsets in the history of college football. Washington will likely be a top 10 team. We're still fcs (unfortunately).

EverettGriz said:
Spanky2 said:

While that's true, it's also true that Washington is far closer to Alabama than we are to Washington. That's no slam, just reality. It's also not to say Montana isn't a good football team, or even that we have no chance to win. But the reality is that it would be one of the largest upsets in the history of college football. Washington will likely be a top 10 team. We're still fcs (unfortunately).
I agree that it would be a large upset, but we know upsets happen. What I don’t agree with is there are many on this forum, a Griz forum that joke about how bad we will get beat in this game, often mentioning lopsided scores to make the point. We have all witnessed upsets in sports and we are confident we will have a good team, so why not the Griz against Washington? Finally, I agree that it is unfortunate that UM continues to be a FCS school.

Spanky2 said:
What I don’t agree with is there are many on this forum, a Griz forum that joke about how bad we will get beat in this game, often mentioning lopsided scores to make the point.

Other than a few Scat fans, WTF are you talking about?

Spanky2 said:
EverettGriz said:
I agree that it would be a large upset, but we know upsets happen. What I don’t agree with is there are many on this forum, a Griz forum that joke about how bad we will get beat in this game, often mentioning lopsided scores to make the point. We have all witnessed upsets in sports and we are confident we will have a good team, so why not the Griz against Washington? Finally, I agree that it is unfortunate that UM continues to be a FCS school.

Where was this ever mentioned by a Griz fan? Can you provide a link, or are you tilting at windmills and telling grass to slow down?

3-7-77
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:48 pm

This will be the season that the FCS and FBS National Champions met on the field.

And for those people who still believe you have any sort of of football credibility this quote should clinch why they should treat each and every post of yours as total bullshit.

CDAGRIZ said:
Spanky2 said:

Where was this ever mentioned by a Griz fan? Can you provide a link, or are you tilting at windmills and telling grass to slow down?

There are posts on this thread that we don’t have a chance. They are from Griz fans. One said we won’t hold them to less than 40 and score 10. Is that good practice? You tell me.

Spanky2 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

There are posts on this thread that we don’t have a chance. They are from Griz fans. One said we won’t hold them to less than 40 and score 10. Is that good practice? You tell me.
This is what this Griz fan posted a couple weeks ago. I stand by it today.

I suspect our defense, which will be very good by BSC standards, will keep it respectable until worn down by all the 3-and-outs by our offense, humbled by that UW D speed. We will not be able to run the ball, the running game not our strength without Knight anyhow.

sdk.catfish said:
3-7-77
Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:48 pm

This will be the season that the FCS and FBS National Champions met on the field.

And for those people who still believe you have any sort of of football credibility this quote should clinch why they should treat each and every post of yours as total bullshit.

I have never claimed to have "any sort of football credibility." I've never played the game. Just expressing my opinion.
Since you brought up this qualification, what sort of football credibility do YOU bring to the board? C'mon, let that inner-narcissist have free reign. You are begging to show your accomplishments to everyone, admit it, so consider this your written invitation to do it. Verifiable claims, of course, no generalized wet dream fantasies. Credit where credit is due. "It ain't bragging if you can do it," said Dizzy Dean. You shouldn't have any problem stating your last team(s), coaches, fellow players, position(s), and accomplishments. I'd like to read about them. A legend, or is that all you are.

Latest posts

Back