• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What games are you most excited about for your team's fall schedule?

EverettGriz said:
BigSkyBears said:
And to watch the Mcaffrey’s defeat the Griz!!

Is he suiting up his son? That's the only way noco keeps it within 35.

The last time you came to Greeley, you said the same thing I bet, and UNC won. Yes, his son will be the starting QB.

BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:

The last time you came to Greeley, you said the same thing I bet, and UNC won. Yes, his son will be the starting QB.
And his son flamed out at Nebraska. He can’t be much better then your 10 year starter Knipp.

BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:

His real son. Not that one.

BigSkyBears said:
EverettGriz said:

The last time anyone came to Greeley was likely the finale. I honestly cannot think of a worse place to be during hours of daylight, excluding war. Mogadishu, maybe? The streets of Bogata seem unpleasant.

BigSkyBears said:
kemajic said:
After MSU, it will be fun to see Beau Baldwin back in Wash/Griz for Homecoming.

We'll be going to Greeley for the beer.

And to watch the Mcaffrey’s defeat the Griz!!
The beer is probable; a Griz loss is not. But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

Griz til I die said:
BigSkyBears said:
And his son flamed out at Nebraska. He can’t be much better then your 10 year starter Knipp.

I believe Luke transferred to Louisville, but Dylan is the one transferring to UNC. Knipp was good for the Bears most seasons, not very good his last season when we had a new offensive coordinator and system.

CDAGRIZ said:
BigSkyBears said:

The last time anyone came to Greeley was likely the finale. I honestly cannot think of a worse place to be during hours of daylight, excluding war. Mogadishu, maybe? The streets of Bogata seem unpleasant.

The last time we were in Greeley was my final straw with the Bob Stitt experiment.... :twisted: :twisted:

AZGrizFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

The last time we were in Greeley was my final straw with the Bob Stitt experiment.... :twisted: :twisted:
I had several final straws with that experiment, but that one was special. As Lori Morgan would say, "You really had to be there."

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
I had several final straws with that experiment, but that one was special. As Lori Morgan would say, "You really had to be there."

Yes, you did. And I was...was one of the rare road games I’ve been able to make outside of my run at NAU....it was just a damned embarrassment from start to finish against a clearly overmatched UNC team.

As I said earlier, I am the most excited for the first home game (which I am flying up for).

However, I forgot to mention my second-most anticipated game which is NAU. We're going to make the 5 (or six) hour drive over to Flagstaff for the Griz game. The Walkup Skydome has to be a major improvement over UNC, which is the only other BSC venue I have visited in person (and was less than impressive).

Da Boyz Mom said:
As I said earlier, I am the most excited for the first home game (which I am flying up for).

However, I forgot to mention my second-most anticipated game which is NAU. We're going to make the 5 (or six) hour drive over to Flagstaff for the Griz game. The Walkup Skydome has to be a major improvement over UNC, which is the only other BSC venue I have visited in person (and was less than impressive).

Been in Walkup many, many times. They remodeled 5-6 years ago (maybe more) and took OUT about 5,000 seats. Capacity now is just over 10,000, I believe. The ONLY game they touch that number is when the Griz come to town...for a dome it’s not bad. Better than Kibbie or that airplane hanger in Idaho Falls.

AZGrizFan said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Been in Walkup many, many times. They remodeled 5-6 years ago (maybe more) and took OUT about 5,000 seats. Capacity now is just over 10,000, I believe. The ONLY game they touch that number is when the Griz come to town...for a dome it’s not bad. Better than Kibbie or that airplane hanger in Idaho Falls.
I'm a thinking the kitties bring a good crowd too!

Dillon said:
AZGrizFan said:
I'm a thinking the kitties bring a good crowd too!

Don’t know about now, with the unbalanced scheduling, but back in the ‘90’s and 2000’s, when Griz and Cats came to NAU every other year, it wasn’t even close. But ‘scats were probably their 2nd best draw, sure.

For me, the first game I'm excited for is the home opener against Western Illinois. It'll be a night game but it'll also mean that it'll also be our first game at full capacity since the playoff game against SE Louisiana over a year & a half ago.

Since I didn't go to either spring game as I wasn't yet vaccinated, I'm planning on going to either the Eastern Washington or Idaho games as a means to make up for those two games I chose to sit out. Either way, it would mark the first road game(s) I would be attending. I've been to Cheney for a basketball game but not a football game, but I've never been to Moscow before. If I had to decide which of the two I'd be more excited to attend, it would definitely be the Idaho game.

I may also add that during the Idaho weekend, Washington State is also at home that weekend as they'll be hosting BYU. I just hope those two games aren't happening at the same time!

Looking forward to all the games. Every Big Sky football team playing again

All Big Sky players, students and fans healthy and vaccinated if possible and feasible.

The Big Sky ROCKS!!

Hope to see all Big Sky stadiums filled again and the Big Sky being the best in FCS in fall of 2021.

josephpoint said:
Looking forward to all the games. Every Big Sky football team playing again

All Big Sky players, students and fans healthy and vaccinated if possible and feasible.

The Big Sky ROCKS!!

Hope to see all Big Sky stadiums filled again and the Big Sky being the best in FCS in fall of 2021.

:thumb:

Ursa Major said:
BigSkyConfFan said:
Excited as heck for October 16, Hornets at Griz. It'll be the closest game to me for Sac State and I've been wanting to see a game in Missoula for a long time. The game day experience there looks absolutely phenomenal! I've seen Montana games over the years on tv but to finally be able to see a game in your stadium is something I've been looking forward to for a long time. 8.5 hours to drive from Northwest Washington, can't wait to make the trip!

Enjoy your time in Missoula!! If you are looking to ride share, Everett Griz is in Seattle and always looking for a designated driver. My only advice would be to bring along a large super strong 55 gallon garbage bag for the empties. :thumb:

I'm in for a late season road trip! Coaching Friday nights but looking at heading back to Griz-Cat this season. Should be a fun game down on Montlake with UW to open the season. Nothing to lose and the Griz can play fast and loose.

BigSkyConfFan said:
Excited as heck for October 16, Hornets at Griz. It'll be the closest game to me for Sac State and I've been wanting to see a game in Missoula for a long time. The game day experience there looks absolutely phenomenal! I've seen Montana games over the years on tv but to finally be able to see a game in your stadium is something I've been looking forward to for a long time. 8.5 hours to drive from Northwest Washington, can't wait to make the trip!

Trying to gauge Game Day experience at WGS' from TV is impossible. The first home game this fall should define home field advantage for the Griz. Bottled up by this Covid crap, the brethren will absolutely explode with the first Griz TD. If you plan on seating in the SSU section, you'll get the full effect, as the Canon is pointed, more or less, in your direction.
You might want to google Joe Gardi's comments about the WGS experience. Very telling.

Back