• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What games are you most excited about for your team's fall schedule?

Spanky2 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Where was this ever mentioned by a Griz fan? Can you provide a link, or are you tilting at windmills and telling grass to slow down?

There are posts on this thread that we don’t have a chance. They are from Griz fans. One said we won’t hold them to less than 40 and score 10. Is that good practice? You tell me.

So, you can’t provide a link? IDK what post you’re referring to where a Griz fan “jok[ed] about bad we are going to get beat…”. Listen, I like you, Spanks, but I get the sense that you may be overreacting a bit here. We all want the Griz to win, we all think they have a shot at doing so if the stars align.

The people predicting that the speed and depth of a damned good P5 team might wear down a damned good FCS team during 60 minutes isn’t an indictment on our players or staff. It’s just a prediction. I’m sick and tired of hearing about how great of a hockey team the Soviets have as much as anyone. I’m sure we will put our best stuff out there and fight like hell. I know I want to be first in line to say you were right all along, and I think every Griz fan would be, as well.

3-7-77 said:
sdk.catfish said:
And for those people who still believe you have any sort of of football credibility this quote should clinch why they should treat each and every post of yours as total bullshit.

I have never claimed to have "any sort of football credibility." I've never played the game. Just expressing my opinion.
Since you brought up this qualification, what sort of football credibility do YOU bring to the board? C'mon, let that inner-narcissist have free reign. You are begging to show your accomplishments to everyone, admit it, so consider this your written invitation to do it. Verifiable claims, of course, no generalized wet dream fantasies. Credit where credit is due. "It ain't bragging if you can do it," said Dizzy Dean. You shouldn't have any problem stating your last team(s), coaches, fellow players, position(s), and accomplishments. I'd like to read about them. A legend, or is that all you are.

Good question but I fear a 1,400 page manifesto coming written in a dimly lit cabin on Hayden Lake.

CDAGRIZ said:
Spanky2 said:
There are posts on this thread that we don’t have a chance. They are from Griz fans. One said we won’t hold them to less than 40 and score 10. Is that good practice? You tell me.

So, you can’t provide a link? IDK what post you’re referring to where a Griz fan “jok[ed] about bad we are going to get beat…”. Listen, I like you, Spanks, but I get the sense that you may be overreacting a bit here. We all want the Griz to win, we all think they have a shot at doing so if the stars align.

The people predicting that the speed and depth of a damned good P5 team might wear down a damned good FCS team during 60 minutes isn’t an indictment on our players or staff. It’s just a prediction. I’m sick and tired of hearing about how great of a hockey team the Soviets have as much as anyone. I’m sure we will put our best stuff out there and fight like hell. I know I want to be first in line to say you were right all along, and I think every Griz fan would be, as well.
CDA, couple of things I wonder about. Washington will be a good football team, but will they be in the top 20 of FBS? On the other hand, Montana is a good football team, hopefully, in the top 10 of FCS. Many Washington players are 3star and 4 star. Montana has a few 3 star athletes. Both programs are Division 1.
You make the distinction that Washington is a damned good P5 team playing a damned good Montana FCS team. Should one therefore expect Washington will destroy Montana on the playing field? Why should anyone come to that conclusion? What is your opinion?

Spanky2 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

CDA, couple of things I wonder about. Washington will be a good football team, but will they be in the top 20 of FBS? On the other hand, Montana is a good football team, hopefully, in the top 10 of FCS. Many Washington players are 3star and 4 star. Montana has a few 3 star athletes. Both programs are Division 1.
You make the distinction that Washington is a damned good P5 team playing a damned good Montana FCS team. Should one therefore expect Washington will destroy Montana on the playing field? Why should anyone come to that conclusion? What is your opinion?

My opinion is 42-17 with a respectable showing by UM and praise from UW’s players and staff.

CDAGRIZ said:
Spanky2 said:

My opinion is 42-17 with a respectable showing by UM and praise from UW’s players and staff.

Thanks for your opinion.

Ursa Major said:
3-7-77 said:
I have never claimed to have "any sort of football credibility." I've never played the game. Just expressing my opinion.
Since you brought up this qualification, what sort of football credibility do YOU bring to the board? C'mon, let that inner-narcissist have free reign. You are begging to show your accomplishments to everyone, admit it, so consider this your written invitation to do it. Verifiable claims, of course, no generalized wet dream fantasies. Credit where credit is due. "It ain't bragging if you can do it," said Dizzy Dean. You shouldn't have any problem stating your last team(s), coaches, fellow players, position(s), and accomplishments. I'd like to read about them. A legend, or is that all you are.

Good question but I fear a 1,400 page manifesto coming written in a dimly lit cabin on Hayden Lake.

Those pesky words, again....tsk, tsk, tsk.
I will spare you the lengthy version. Thank you for your thoughtful reply.

I will, however, send you a small token of my appreciation. A small package will arrive shortly. Inside you will find something very illuminating. The answer to all your questions will be at hand. :cool:

Spanky2 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Washington will likely open in the Top 10. If they don't, they'll certainly be top 15 preseason.

Spanky2 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Based off everything you stated there, Washington should win the game. They might not but likely they will. How have you come to the conclusion that the Griz should win? Obviously you’re pretty sure of it or you wouldn’t be banging your head against the wall.

EverettGriz said:
Spanky2 said:

Washington will likely open in the Top 10. If they don't, they'll certainly be top 15 preseason.
The higher their ranking, the better. If we want to be one of the best teams, we have to play the best to improve.

alabamagrizzly said:
Spanky2 said:

Based off everything you stated there, Washington should win the game. They might not but likely they will. How have you come to the conclusion that the Griz should win? Obviously you’re pretty sure of it or you wouldn’t be banging your head against the wall.
Well Alabama, I have been banging my head against the wall. I haven’t concluded the Griz should win, however, I believe the Griz can win. The majority on the board have the view that the Griz can’t win. That’s unfortunate.

Spanky2 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Well Alabama, I have been banging my head against the wall. I haven’t concluded the Griz should win, however, I believe the Griz can win. The majority on the board have the view that the Griz can’t win. That’s unfortunate.
No one has said they can't. You're just making that up, for some reason.

I think we're probably going to lose by a lot, but that doesn't mean I don't think we can win, it's just highly unlikely.

Spanky2 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Please provide a link to a Griz fan who has said the Griz “can’t win” this game. I’ve not read that. Thx!

CDAGRIZ said:
Spanky2 said:

Please provide a link to a Griz fan who has said the Griz “can’t win” this game. I’ve not read that. Thx!
I don’t provide links. Read the posts on this thread. While you’re at it, go back when we played Oregon. It was the same negative attitudes of which I objected. Many (not all) Griz fans rave about how good we are when we play a Northern Colorado, but when we play a Washington or Oregon, the naysayers are in the front row.

3-7-77 said:
WHEN was this game scheduled? I don't see UW scheduling any team who could actually beat them.

Washington travels to play at University of Michigan the week after they play Montana.... I'm pretty sure they played Auburn a couple of years ago in one of those neutral site kickoff games.

Yes it's extremely rare, but not unheard of, for an FCS team to beat a ranked FBS team.

2007 - App St. over #5 Michigan
2010 - James Madison over #13 Virginia Tech
2015 - EWU over #25 Oregon State
2016 - NDSU over #13 Iowa

It's probably going to take a miracle to beat UW. Some of us believe in miracles though... I just want to watch some good football, even when/if we lose.

Spanky2 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I don’t provide links. Read the posts on this thread. While you’re at it, go back when we played Oregon. It was the same negative attitudes of which I objected. Many (not all) Griz fans rave about how good we are when we play a Northern Colorado, but when we play a Washington or Oregon, the naysayers are in the front row.

Stupid ass realists. Those idiots need to get their heads back in the clouds.

Spanky, are you sure you understand the difference between FCS and FBS, particularly the power 5 schools? Five times since 1978, has an FCS team defeated a power 5 school. I can’t find the total number of games of FCS v Power 5’s in the last 40+ years but I be willing to bet it’s well over 100, putting the FCS at the very most, a 5% winning percentage. Plus CDA already mentioned we’re 2 years removed from a beat down by the same team and you shrugged him off pretty easily. Confidence is nice but if your argument is we are equally matched cus we have a couple 3 stars, then I might call that delusional.

Spanky2 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I don’t read old posts that I’ve already read before, so I guess we’re at an impasse. Im not yet at Prevagen age, but I can assure you that not one Griz fan has said the Griz “can’t win” this game, certainly not a majority. If your FA tells you he thinks an investment is going to go up, do you take it as him saying it can’t go down?

PS: It’s not really that wild to think we are great relative to NoCo but not as great relative to a team with more scholarships and 10x resources. Two teams play. I’m like Hakeem Olajuwon against my 7 year old daughter in the driveway after dinner. I guess I’ll get the call from the Rockets any day now, unless they’re non-believers in 38yo rookie centers with PG height (at best).

Just for interest;

AP has the Huskies at 32
The Coaches poll has them at 44
CBS has them at 32
They aren't ranked in the Playoff Poll that only goes to 25.

That's as of today.

SaskGriz said:
Just for interest;

AP has the Huskies at 32
The Coaches poll has them at 44
CBS has them at 32
They aren't ranked in the Playoff Poll that only goes to 25.

That's as of today.

A lot of that probably has to do with the Pac12’s shitty rona season. USC is the top ranked P12 school at 21 and Oregon is 2nd at 29 in the AP. With a more “normal” season, I can see the P12 climbing up the rankings some. That is unless they beat the crap out of each other with no clear dominant teams.

Latest posts

Back