• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What games are you most excited about for your team's fall schedule?

alabamagrizzly said:
SaskGriz said:
Just for interest;

AP has the Huskies at 32
The Coaches poll has them at 44
CBS has them at 32
They aren't ranked in the Playoff Poll that only goes to 25.

That's as of today.

A lot of that probably has to do with the Pac12’s shitty rona season. USC is the top ranked P12 school at 21 and Oregon is 2nd at 29 in the AP. With a more “normal” season, I can see the P12 climbing up the rankings some. That is unless they beat the crap out of each other with no clear dominant teams.

The beating up on each other is likely, and will show that the “PAC is weak”, whereas when the SEC does it, it shows the “depth of the conference.”

alabamagrizzly said:
Spanky2 said:
I don’t provide links. Read the posts on this thread. While you’re at it, go back when we played Oregon. It was the same negative attitudes of which I objected. Many (not all) Griz fans rave about how good we are when we play a Northern Colorado, but when we play a Washington or Oregon, the naysayers are in the front row.

Stupid ass realists. Those idiots need to get their heads back in the clouds.

Spanky, are you sure you understand the difference between FCS and FBS, particularly the power 5 schools? Five times since 1978, has an FCS team defeated a power 5 school. I can’t find the total number of games of FCS v Power 5’s in the last 40+ years but I be willing to bet it’s well over 100, putting the FCS at the very most, a 5% winning percentage. Plus CDA already mentioned we’re 2 years removed from a beat down by the same team and you shrugged him off pretty easily. Confidence is nice but if your argument is we are equally matched cus we have a couple 3 stars, then I might call that delusional.
Alabama, you are well aware that I’ve never said the two teams are equally matched. I’ve stated several times that Washington is the heavy favorite, although, upsets in athletic competition do happen. You suggested that I may not be informed about the differences in FCS and FBS. I would submit that you could use lessons in the competitive spirit of athletics and possible results from positive thinking.

CDAGRIZ said:
Spanky2 said:
I don’t provide links. Read the posts on this thread. While you’re at it, go back when we played Oregon. It was the same negative attitudes of which I objected. Many (not all) Griz fans rave about how good we are when we play a Northern Colorado, but when we play a Washington or Oregon, the naysayers are in the front row.

I don’t read old posts that I’ve already read before, so I guess we’re at an impasse. Im not yet at Prevagen age, but I can assure you that not one Griz fan has said the Griz “can’t win” this game, certainly not a majority. If your FA tells you he thinks an investment is going to go up, do you take it as him saying it can’t go down?

PS: It’s not really that wild to think we are great relative to NoCo but not as great relative to a team with more scholarships and 10x resources. Two teams play. I’m like Hakeem Olajuwon against my 7 year old daughter in the driveway after dinner. I guess I’ll get the call from the Rockets any day now, unless they’re non-believers in 38yo rookie centers with PG height (at best).

CDA, have a pleasant evening!

Spanky2 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
I don’t read old posts that I’ve already read before, so I guess we’re at an impasse. Im not yet at Prevagen age, but I can assure you that not one Griz fan has said the Griz “can’t win” this game, certainly not a majority. If your FA tells you he thinks an investment is going to go up, do you take it as him saying it can’t go down?

PS: It’s not really that wild to think we are great relative to NoCo but not as great relative to a team with more scholarships and 10x resources. Two teams play. I’m like Hakeem Olajuwon against my 7 year old daughter in the driveway after dinner. I guess I’ll get the call from the Rockets any day now, unless they’re non-believers in 38yo rookie centers with PG height (at best).

CDA, have a pleasant evening!

Same to you, Spanks! I got 28pts and 16 boards against that little gal in the driveway tonight, fwiw. Dream Shakin’ like you read about.

AP preseason top 25 prediction has Washington at #19 behind Oregon (11) and USC (15) in their conference.

Back