• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What games are you most excited about for your team's fall schedule?

Kodiak said:
Ursa Major said:
Enjoy your time in Missoula!! If you are looking to ride share, Everett Griz is in Seattle and always looking for a designated driver. My only advice would be to bring along a large super strong 55 gallon garbage bag for the empties. :thumb:

I'm in for a late season road trip! Coaching Friday nights but looking at heading back to Griz-Cat this season. Should be a fun game down on Montlake with UW to open the season. Nothing to lose and the Griz can play fast and loose.

We’re trying to get to the UW game. If so, you’ll find EG and I belly up at the Blue Moon. Stop by, we can toast Richard Hugo, it’s his old haunt. The Ave is a blast.

3-7-77 said:
BigSkyConfFan said:
Excited as heck for October 16, Hornets at Griz. It'll be the closest game to me for Sac State and I've been wanting to see a game in Missoula for a long time. The game day experience there looks absolutely phenomenal! I've seen Montana games over the years on tv but to finally be able to see a game in your stadium is something I've been looking forward to for a long time. 8.5 hours to drive from Northwest Washington, can't wait to make the trip!

Trying to gauge Game Day experience at WGS' from TV is impossible. The first home game this fall should define home field advantage for the Griz. Bottled up by this Covid crap, the brethren will absolutely explode with the first Griz TD. If you plan on seating in the SSU section, you'll get the full effect, as the Canon is pointed, more or less, in your direction.
You might want to google Joe Gardi's comments about the WGS experience. Very telling.
Found them, between reading those and hearing about the cannon I'm stoked! I never want summer to go fast, but I wish the season would hurry up and get going!

Ursa Major said:
Kodiak said:
I'm in for a late season road trip! Coaching Friday nights but looking at heading back to Griz-Cat this season. Should be a fun game down on Montlake with UW to open the season. Nothing to lose and the Griz can play fast and loose.

We’re trying to get to the UW game. If so, you’ll find EG and I belly up at the Blue Moon. Stop by, we can toast Richard Hugo, it’s his old haunt. The Ave is a blast.

Thumbs up for the Richard Hugo reference. Still one of my favorite writers.

Ursa Major said:
Kodiak said:

Man, I don't even remember the last time I was in Blue Moon.

I mean, that's not to say it's been a long time. It was just last week actually, but I don't remember it....

EverettGriz said:
... Man, I don't even remember the last time I was in Blue Moon.

I mean, that's not to say it's been a long time. It was just last week actually, but I don't remember it....
Thanks for that final clarification. I was browsing down and ready to ask ... then :lol: :lol: :lol:

EverettGriz said:
Ursa Major said:

Man, I don't even remember the last time I was in Blue Moon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I am most excited about the UM taking on UW. I want to see our team against a good FBS team. I especially want to see our QB play.

I strongly feel our team can handle all the FCS schools on the schedule this year.

I think our odds for a win are much better than the Oregon team we faced. To me its all on the QB play. If we are "on" we will win. I feel we can hold our own in the other areas playing on the field.

SoCal Surfer said:
I am most excited about the UM taking on UW. I want to see our team against a good FBS team. I especially want to see our QB play.

I strongly feel our team can handle all the FCS schools on the schedule this year.

I think our odds for a win are much better than the Oregon team we faced. To me its all on the QB play. If we are "on" we will win. I feel we can hold our own in the other areas playing on the field.

UW will win easily

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoCal Surfer said:

UW will win easily
UW is the huge favorite, no doubt. However, Helena, upsets do happen in athletic competition.I would rather hope for the upset rather than writing it off as a loss before the game is played.

Spanky2 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
UW will win easily
UW is the huge favorite, no doubt. However, Helena, upsets do happen in athletic competition.I would rather hope for the upset rather than writing it off as a loss before the game is played.

The speed differential can’t be overstated. It would be an unbelievable upset if the Griz were to win. Quite frankly, if they stay within 21 points I would be pleased.

Copper Griz said:
Spanky2 said:

The speed differential can’t be overstated. It would be an unbelievable upset if the Griz were to win. Quite frankly, if they stay within 21 points I would be pleased.
I suspect our defense, which will be very good by BSC standards, will keep it respectable until worn down by all the 3-and-outs by our offense, humbled by that UW D speed. We will not be able to run the ball, the running game not our strength without Knight anyhow.

HelenaHandBasket said:
SoCal Surfer said:

UM will win easily

Your M is upside down. I fixed it for you.

Spanky2 said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
UW will win easily

Maybe Helena needs a quick coaching lesson from Big Herm. Or maybe he likes Montana’s that just quit if they can’t handle it.
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis[/media]

App St didn't have a snowballs chance in hell at the Big House. Why didn't they just stay home, and forget the big payday?

alabamagrizzly said:
Spanky2 said:

Maybe Helena needs a quick coaching lesson from Big Herm. Or maybe he likes Montana’s that just quit if they can’t handle it.
He is one of many fans that wants us to always play a Northern Colorado or Dixie State. Teams he anticipates we will always beat.

Spanky2 said:
He is one of many fans that wants us to always play a Northern Colorado or Dixie State. Teams he anticipates we will always beat.

Wrong. I am all for the notion of moving up if it were a reality of any sort, but saying that, UM beating UW is slim to none leaning more towards none. As a FCS school, I say schedule the best FCS schools that you can, but sometimes you have to help out the other western FCS schools since the options are limited. As for No. Colorado, difficult not to schedule a fellow conference school.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky2 said:

Wrong. I am all for the notion of moving up if it were a reality of any sort, but saying that, UM beating UW is slim to none leaning more towards none. As a FCS school, I say schedule the best FCS schools that you can, but sometimes you have to help out the other western FCS schools since the options are limited. As for No. Colorado, difficult not to schedule a fellow conference school.
Moving up probably isn’t going to happen until the university is in a growth mode and financially sound. During the reign of King George, it was a topic often discussed, however, nothing materialized. As we are destined to be a team that competes at the FCS level, when we have the opportunity to play a FBS team, we should fully support the Griz in their efforts to win the game. In this instance, playing UW, the winner isn’t determined until the game has been played. We can win.
One day, I may tell the story of a young Montana athlete who competed in a different sport which could help make my point.

alabamagrizzly said:
Spanky2 said:

It didn't take long for Herm to get ASU's tits in the wringer.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Spanky2 said:

I agree with Helena, here. While I'm excited about the GRIZ playing udub, the odds of a win are virtually zero. So close to zero to call them zero, in fact. Look, I'm no udub fan, but the difference in skill level at literally every position on the field is just too much to overcome. I think it could be a good game for a quarter, maybe the first 20 minutes. Then Katie bar the door.

Now, speaking of bar doors, I have a couple I need to walk through.

Back