• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What games are you most excited about for your team's fall schedule?

EverettGriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
Wrong. I am all for the notion of moving up if it were a reality of any sort, but saying that, UM beating UW is slim to none leaning more towards none. As a FCS school, I say schedule the best FCS schools that you can, but sometimes you have to help out the other western FCS schools since the options are limited. As for No. Colorado, difficult not to schedule a fellow conference school.

I agree with Helena, here. While I'm excited about the GRIZ playing udub, the odds of a win are virtually zero. So close to zero to call them zero, in fact. Look, I'm no udub fan, but the difference in skill level at literally every position on the field is just too much to overcome. I think it could be a good game for a quarter, maybe the first 20 minutes. Then Katie bar the door.

Now, speaking of bar doors, I have a couple I need to walk through.

So the message is UM should schedule only FCS and below opponents in the future. Even though some say we are a Division 1 school, we really aren’t it seems as our student-athletes have less talent than the real Division 1 student-athletes. Does it mean we shouldn’t even think about recruiting recruiting 3 star and 4 star players and limit our recruiting efforts to 0 star student-athletes?

Spanky2 said:
EverettGriz said:
I agree with Helena, here. While I'm excited about the GRIZ playing udub, the odds of a win are virtually zero. So close to zero to call them zero, in fact. Look, I'm no udub fan, but the difference in skill level at literally every position on the field is just too much to overcome. I think it could be a good game for a quarter, maybe the first 20 minutes. Then Katie bar the door.

Now, speaking of bar doors, I have a couple I need to walk through.

So the message is UM should schedule only FCS and below opponents in the future. Even though some say we are a Division 1 school, we really aren’t it seems as our student-athletes have less talent than the real Division 1 student-athletes. Does it mean we shouldn’t even think about recruiting recruiting 3 star and 4 star players and limit our recruiting efforts to 0 star student-athletes?

If that's the message you received from my post, reading comprehension may not be your strength.

I'm fully on the record as saying UM should BE an FBS program, so I obviously have no trouble with them playing the occasional FBS game (although I'd MUCH prefer they do so on equal footing, with the same number of scholarships in their pocket).

That said, I'm a realist, and UM just isn't likely to beat a top 10 FBS program on the road, in a place very few teams win.

EverettGriz said:
Spanky2 said:

If that's the message you received from my post, reading comprehension may not be your strength.

I'm fully on the record as saying UM should BE an FBS program, so I obviously have no trouble with them playing the occasional FBS game (although I'd MUCH prefer they do so on equal footing, with the same number of scholarships in their pocket).

That said, I'm a realist, and UM just isn't likely to beat a top 10 FBS program on the road, in a place very few teams win.
I’m also a realist, but believe we can beat a top ten team in their house. Not likely, but possible. As I have expressed, in my opinion, outspoken naysayers do the team a disservice when they glibly state how bad we are going to get beat before our players pack for the trip.

Goooood grieeeeef. If reading on a fan message board that they are likely to lose does a disservice to the players, we have far, far bigger systemic problems than opening against the Washington Huskies.

Spanky2 said:

Wow, you sure pulled this one out of your a$$.

EverettGriz said:
Goooood grieeeeef. If reading on a fan message board that they are likely to lose does a disservice to the players, we have far, far bigger systemic problems than opening against the Washington Huskies.
I don’t agree that opening against the Washington Huskies is a problem. I see it as a positive. The opportunity to play one of the best teams in the nation will thrill our players, parents, coaches, fans. Much more exciting than the prospect of playing Montana State or Northern Arizona. Yes, even more exciting than playing Eastern Washington on their red field.

Do I hope we win? Yes, obviously. Do I think we will? No, obviously. There's always a chance. I'm no expert, but I can guarantee the players and coaches from both squads are going to take it seriously because of that chance. I think UW knows UM isn't just another FCS program, and that's the exact reason why I don't like our chances. With that said, I will never give up on a Griz team in any sport, and I think that opinion is shared by everyone who posts here (save for the bizon douchers; they can suck it).

Spanky2 said:
EverettGriz said:
I don’t agree that opening against the Washington Huskies is a problem. I see it as a positive. The opportunity to play one of the best teams in the nation will thrill our players, parents, coaches, fans. Much more exciting than the prospect of playing Montana State or Northern Arizona. Yes, even more exciting than playing Eastern Washington on their red field.

Where exactly did he state it was a problem?

Woof.

There are certain people that do this every year we've played an FBS team.

You aren't a "bad" fan if you expect us to get our asses handed to us, and you aren't a "good" fan if you foolishly predict some kind of insane upset.

It'll be a pretty big miracle if we can score more than 10 points and keep them under 40 like we did against Oregon in 2019.

I really hope we can beat them, but we will almost undoubtedly not beat them, unfortunately.

This doesn't mean we aren't a good D1 or FCS program and can't win a natty, it's just reality.

kemajic said:
Copper Griz said:
The speed differential can’t be overstated. It would be an unbelievable upset if the Griz were to win. Quite frankly, if they stay within 21 points I would be pleased.
I suspect our defense, which will be very good by BSC standards, will keep it respectable until worn down by all the 3-and-outs by our offense, humbled by that UW D speed. We will not be able to run the ball, the running game not our strength without Knight anyhow.

Agree. Hopefully the transfer running back can help fill that void

Spanky2 said:
EverettGriz said:

I’m also a realist, but believe we can beat a top ten team in their house. Not likely, but possible. As I have expressed, in my opinion, outspoken naysayers do the team a disservice when they glibly state how bad we are going to get beat before our players pack for the trip.

Sounds like you both are arguing the same thing from a different direction. Spankey says he hopes we win but its not likely and Everett says it’s not likely we we win but he’s hoping we do.

alabamagrizzly said:
Spanky2 said:

Sounds like you both are arguing the same thing from a different direction. Spankey says he hopes we win but its not likely and Everett says it’s not likely we we win but he’s hoping we do.
Everett is a good poster. My problem is with the ding bats on this forum who make fun of how bad we are going to get beat. The game is played before the outcome is determined. The Griz can win this game!

Spanky2 said:
EverettGriz said:

https://youtu.be/zMRrNY0pxfM

Spanky2 said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Everett is a good poster. My problem is with the ding bats on this forum who make fun of how bad we are going to get beat. The game is played before the outcome is determined. The Griz can win this game!

What do you consider getting beat bad? If it happens then are you a ding bat? ;)

Spanky2 said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Of course there's a chance, Spanks. I think we're all on the same page here. I think UW will be very good this year, but it's not like we're playing Alabama, the Steelers, the Bizon, or a team as good as those.

ilovethecats said:
Spanky2 said:

What do you consider getting beat bad? If it happens then are you a ding bat? ;)
Cute.

Spanky2 said:
ilovethecats said:
Cute.

What's cute? If people are ding bats for thinking the Griz will get beat bad, then are you a ding bat if the Griz do in fact get beat bad?

I assume you think the Griz will beat Washington. If for some reason they end up losing, how much do you think they'll get beat by? 3? 7? 14?

If they lose by a few scores are you a ding bat?

ilovethecats said:
Spanky2 said:

What's cute? If people are ding bats for thinking the Griz will get beat bad, then are you a ding bat if the Griz do in fact get beat bad?

I assume you think the Griz will beat Washington. If for some reason they end up losing, how much do you think they'll get beat by? 3? 7? 14?

You are a ding bat cat fan that I don’t feel like explaining any of my opinions too.

Spanky2 said:
ilovethecats said:

You are a ding bat cat fan that I don’t feel like explaining any of my opinions too.
That's fair. :thumb:

Back