• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oregon St DB Transfers

HookedonGriz said:
Holy shit who derailed the fuck out of this?

It's how we get so many views/comments on recruiting threads in the main forum. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And then use THOSE numbers to justify LEAVING recruiting threads in the main forum. :roll: :roll:

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Holy shit who derailed the [*]f*** out of this?

It's how we get so many views/comments on recruiting threads in the main forum. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And then use THOSE numbers to justify LEAVING recruiting threads in the main forum. :roll: :roll:

Actually, the recruiting forum exaggerates its views by moving good threads from the main forum to recruiting.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:

Actually, the recruiting forum exaggerates its views by moving good threads from the main forum to recruiting.

Good threads that have turned to shit, like this one. This hasn't been about the DB's for about 3 pages and 3,000 views. :cool: :|

Wait, we have new DB's? I missed that, I've been away from the computer standing in line for medical care.

SaskGriz said:
Wait, we have new DB's? I missed that, I've been away from the computer standing in line for medical care.

1uyhi4.jpg

SaskGriz said:

I'm not buying it. Do you have video evidence of this so-called "healthcare" in "Canada". You can't just come on here and expect everyone to believe in Canada. Newfoundland? What's next? Greatplaceville? I'm on to you guys.

PlayerRep said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Htowngriz said:
It's like America but with universal healthcare, legal dope, and the ability to travel anywhere in the world without being spit on.

Healthcare that involves long waits and doesn't cover certain things. Does dope have to be legal to get it? Have any of you ever had a spit-on or similar experience traveling out of the US. I never have, and I have travelled outside the US more than most people I know. And a lower standard of living? And a crappy exchange rate with the US dollar.

I sure wouldn't want to live in Canada, although I like Canada.

1.The long waits claim is a bullshit argument that people use against universal healthcare, its not something that is factually accurate.

2. Im assuming PR gets spat on in Missoula let alone a foreign country.

3. Canada frequently tops the lists of countries with the highest standards of living, right up there with most Scandinavian countries. Heres a link because I know you love your proof. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/23/us-news--world-report-top-10-best-countries-in-the-world-in-2019-.html

You post a lot of bullshit and made up event to prove how cool you are, but this paragraph may have been one of your most bullshittiest to date.

Your link is not even for standard of living. It's for some BS ranking called "best countries". Canada ranks far behind the US in standard of living. "The generally accepted measure of the standard of living is GDP per capita. 2 This is a nation's gross domestic product divided by its population." https://www.thebalance.com/standard-of-living-3305758

In 2019, the IMF has the US listed as 7th in per capita GDP, at $65,000, and Canada 17th at $46,000.

1 Luxembourg 113,196
2 Switzerland 83,716
— Macau 81,151
3 Norway 77,975
4 Ireland 77,771
5 Qatar 69,687
6 Iceland 67,037
7 United States 65,111

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

Wait times in Canada. They are huge and growing.

20 weeks is mean wait for 12 specialties. See below. That's alot of waiting.

"Waiting Your Turn, the Fraser Institute’s annual summary of treatment wait times in Canada, is out Tuesday, and the news is not good.

It begins, “Waiting for treatment has become a defining characteristic of Canadian health care,” and reports that the median wait for treatment across all provinces and some 12 medical specialties is now 19.8 weeks."

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/braun-how-much-patience-do-patients-need

"How long is the wait for a hip replacement in Canada?

People in the province needing a hip replacement can expect to wait 750 days while a knee replacement can take 800 days, a number far above the national average of 182 days. “Knees and hips are a huge, huge area impacting so many people and the quality of life,” said Pickup."

"This year, Canadians could expect to wait 4.3 weeks for a computed tomography (CT) scan, 10.6 weeks for a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan, and 3.9 weeks for an ultrasound. Research has repeatedly indicated that wait times for medically necessary treatment are not benign inconveniences.Dec 4, 2018"

www.fraserinstitute.org › studies › waiting-your-turn-wait-times-for-heal...

What's the BS event I made up to prove myself so cool? Quinn's wedding? I texted with him today.

No I believe you that you attend players weddings. The BS is in the wait times in Canada and standard of living. Wait times is a well known (well maybe not super well known) and out dated argument that the right throws at the general public to scare them away from healthcare reform. They make it seem as tho you roll up in the ER needing a triple bypass and they tell you sorry come back in 5 months. Thats not the case.
You reference the GDP which economists have proven time and time over again is a terrible way of measuring a countries standard of living. GDP was invented to measure a countries strength of economy during wartime. The question of how many ships can you afford to build doesn't really factor into an economy with the internet and financial services.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:

Good threads that have turned to shit, like this one. This hasn't been about the DB's for about 3 pages and 3,000 views. :cool: :|

Yet...here we are.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Yet...here we are.

Just mention Payton and something derogatory and not only will he lock it, he'll find a way to scrub it off the internet

kyle_sample said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Yet...here we are.

Just mention Payton and something derogatory and not only will he lock it, he'll find a way to scrub it off the internet

Jesus, have you always been so thin skinned?

kyle_sample said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Yet...here we are.

That certainly would be convenient:
https://www.debate.org/opinions/does-canada-exist

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly happy with the jobs that Calhoun and Nash did stepping into the CB roles, but if the prospect of having two FBS drop down corners as starters worries you more than having two converted FCS WRs as starters did, that seems like a strange thing to be overly concerned about. Our corner play was not particularly stellar most of last season.

There's a really good chance that Corbin Walker would've beaten Nash out on the depth chart if he had stayed, anyways, and he'd potentially be looking at being the 4th guy in. With that in mind, the transfer makes a lot more sense.

uofmman1122 said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly happy with the jobs that Calhoun and Nash did stepping into the CB roles, but if the prospect of having two FBS drop down corners as starters worries you more than having two converted FCS WRs as starters did, that seems like a strange thing to be overly concerned about. Our corner play was not particularly stellar most of last season.

There's a really good chance that Corbin Walker would've beaten Nash out on the depth chart if he had stayed, anyways, and he'd potentially be looking at being the 4th guy in. With that in mind, the transfer makes a lot more sense.

Corbin walker could have/would have taken Calhoun's spot.

My fear is that drop downs frequently don't pan out. If THESE two don't pan out we're in deep doo doo...

AZGrizFan said:
uofmman1122 said:

Corbin walker could have/would have taken Calhoun's spot.

My fear is that drop downs frequently don't pan out. If THESE two don't pan out we're in deep doo doo...
As for Walker, I'm assuming that he and the two OSU corners moved ahead of Nash.

But anyway, do they frequently not pan out? And how do we define that? Are all non-starters dudes who didn't pan out? I guess we can use that distinction.

I thought I'd look because I genuinely am curious as to how often the drop downs we get pan out or not. I've highlighted secondary players, since that's what we're interested in seeing.

Drop downs since 2010 that (subjectively) didn't work out:

TJ Reynard (Wisconsin) - If I remember right, he came in off the bench mostly as a nickel.
Donald Bedell (Rutgers) - Was a role player off the bench most of his career.
Chris Favaroso (App State) - Being a little generous, but he did go to ASU his first season. Counting him as not working out because he left the team in 2018.
Kadeem Hemphill (SJSU) - Injuries took away a promising prospect.
Mason Vinyard (WSU) - Left team without playing.
Mykal Tolliver (Hawaii) - Jury is still out.

Drop downs since 2010 that did work out:

Tyrone Duncan (UDub) - Amazing DT for our 2010 and 2011 teams.
Markell Sanders (WSU) - Stepped in an played well in 2016 and 2017. Not a shut down corner, but arguably a better pure CB than Nash/Calhoun.
Yamen Sanders (UA) - I do think that Sanders worked out, but I know he was a whipping boy for a lot of posters on here in 2015/2016. Played hurt for most of his career.
Justin Strong (OSU) - Was a pivotal part of the 2016 and 2017 secondaries.
James Banks (UAB) - IIRC, led the team in tackles in 2017.
David Shaw (Maryland) - Dude was a stud in the middle.
Gavin Robertson (UA) - Working out pretty great so far.
Reid Miller (Arkansas) - Played really well as a on again/off again starter.
Joe Babros (NC State) - Started a few games and did well before he got hurt.
Keynan Foster (UTEP) - Started as kick returner and did pretty well, although he's borderline for a CB.

10 out of 16 seems pretty good, and 6 out of 9 in the secondary is even better.

All of this is to say that I don't think Nash leaving should have anyone panicked just yet. It sucks because I liked the kid, but we're still +1 in total number of CBs than we were before Hicks-Onu and Cotton showed up, and I'm excited to see what these two more prototypical CBs bring to our defense.

Well sometimes the starters we have aren't essentially working out great either, or the future starters may not.

Sure we hopefully start the best kids but that doesn't mean they're great. It just means they are the best we have at the time.

signedbewildered said:
Well sometimes the starters we have aren't essentially working out great either, or the future starters may not.

Sure we hopefully start the best kids but that doesn't mean they're great. It just means they are the best we have at the time.
Post leaves me bewildered....

Latest posts

Back