• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oregon St DB Transfers

This reminds me: If an “undo” button was available, I’ve always thought it would be a great April fools joke for the mods combine every single forum on eGriz into one thread for 24 hours.

People would lose their fucking minds! Nobody would be able to handle it. Lord of the Flies for a day.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
I'm surprised this thread hasn't blown UP, given that it's on the main board and all....I figured 8-10 pages, 250 responses by now...

It has blown up. It is one of the 3 highest viewed threads page one, along with another recruiting thread and Dante Olson. There are 29 open threads on page 1. I believe there are only 2 threads on the Recruiting subsection, with more views, excluding stickers and the several threads that are set up to have a continuing discussion on a category of recruits (not individual topics). The other recruiting thread on the main football forum has even more views.

It's apparently hard for some of you hardheads to understand the point. Recruiting topics/threads generally get way more views on the main board. A number of posters have said exactly the same thing.

This is an absolute CLASSIC eGriz off-season pissing contest thread.

Grzz comparing it to the Official Signing Day thread is disingenuous at best. The ACTUAL recruiting thread has almost 120,000 views, 34 pages and 677 responses. Now add those two together and you get 150,000+ views and almost 900 responses. I guess SOMEBODY is able to find that forum.

Individual recruit announcement threads located IN the Recruiting sub-forum:

Jacob McGourin - 9382 views
Jaxson Lee - 7511
Robbie Patterson - 7203
Keelan White - 6841
Sam Vidlak - 5399
Jace Klucewich - 4915
Noah Kashmitter - 4240
Xavier Harris - 4099

Bottom line: There's no "right" or "wrong" answer. Unless you are a person who just INSISTS that you must always be right.

This thread has only been up only a few days and already has more views than most of the individual threads you mentioned.

Some of those individual threads got many-most
of their views on the main forum before being moved.

If the goal is more views, there is a right way.

Got milk? Go get a glass and whine in it!

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
I'm surprised this thread hasn't blown UP, given that it's on the main board and all....I figured 8-10 pages, 250 responses by now...

It has blown up. It is one of the 3 highest viewed threads page one, along with another recruiting thread and Dante Olson. There are 29 open threads on page 1. I believe there are only 2 threads on the Recruiting subsection, with more views, excluding stickers and the several threads that are set up to have a continuing discussion on a category of recruits (not individual topics). The other recruiting thread on the main football forum has even more views.

It's apparently hard for some of you hardheads to understand the point. Recruiting topics/threads generally get way more views on the main board. A number of posters have said exactly the same thing.

Grzz comparing it to the Official Signing Day thread is disingenuous at best. The ACTUAL recruiting thread has almost 120,000 views, 34 pages and 677 responses. Now add those two together and you get 150,000+ views and almost 900 responses. I guess SOMEBODY is able to find that forum.

Jaxson Lee - 7511
Robbie Patterson - 7203
Keelan White - 6841
Sam Vidlak - 5399
Jace Klucewich - 4915
Noah Kashmitter - 4240
Xavier Harris - 4099

Bottom line: There's no "right" or "wrong" answer. Unless you are a person who just INSISTS that you must always be right.

Not really disingenuous. Was there another thread discussing recruiting transfers where these guys were discussed? If so I didn't mean to miss it. I'm just highlighting that a thread in one week on the main board now is up over a quarter of the total views of the thread where all potential transfers were discussed in the sub forum, and that thread had the added benefit of being the official signing day thread as well... anyway. I've made my point, I look at both. I don't want to derail this thread or give Payton any reason to hide it. I appreciate all the effort people do for content here.

grzz said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Jaxson Lee - 7511
Robbie Patterson - 7203
Keelan White - 6841
Sam Vidlak - 5399
Jace Klucewich - 4915
Noah Kashmitter - 4240
Xavier Harris - 4099

Not really disingenuous. Was there another thread discussing recruiting transfers where these guys were discussed? If so I didn't mean to miss it. I'm just highlighting that a thread in one week on the main board now is up over a quarter of the total views of the thread where all potential transfers were discussed in the sub forum, and that thread had the added benefit of being the official signing day thread as well... anyway. I've made my point, I look at both. I don't want to derail this thread or give Payton any reason to hide it. I appreciate all the effort people do for content here.

Why didn't the mods just read your post, which is right and a good idea, and say, "Good idea, we'll do that. We need to build view revenue anyway. Thanks. But don't let PR agree with you because then we will oppose this."

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Jaxson Lee - 7511
Robbie Patterson - 7203
Keelan White - 6841
Sam Vidlak - 5399
Jace Klucewich - 4915
Noah Kashmitter - 4240
Xavier Harris - 4099

Now well over 8,000 views, and climbing. I see that you had to go back to 2018 and page 2, to find McGourin. Who is McGourin? I don't know who he is. Must have been because he has been buried on
Recruiting Central.

Grzz, just keep clicking on this thread. You are racking up views. Ha.

PlayerRep said:
Now well over 8,000 views, and climbing. I see that you had to go back to 2018 and page 2, to find McGourin. Who is McGourin? I don't know who he is. Must have been because he has been buried on
Recruiting Central.

This thread had died on the vine a week ago (and 3500 views ago) until I made a smart ass comment about it NOT having exploded. All a thread needs is someone to take a contrary position to PR and it will explode. This thread is case in point.

And if you don't know who McGourin is, you should just turn in your fan card now. :? :?

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

Jaxson Lee - 7511
Robbie Patterson - 7203
Keelan White - 6841
Sam Vidlak - 5399
Jace Klucewich - 4915
Noah Kashmitter - 4240
Xavier Harris - 4099

Recruiting Central.

I cannot believe you don't know who Jacob McGourin is after all the rave reviews he has received from the coaches and from his performance in the 4 games he played. I for one am looking forward to watching him this spring and over the next 4 years.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Okay, the hotshot d-end. Didn't know his name. Thx.

Just havent had him up to the lake house yet.

Lots of commentary about McGourin all season long on the main board. He was recruited last year.
I'd have thought PR would know about him. Heard the kid stays away from sniffers.

MikeyGriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Too busy planning the Super Bowl party....in Miami of course!

Yup, I'm already in the southeast. Came down here a few days ago. By the way, the Vikes/49ers game was fun. I like both teams.

I know the kid as Jacob--the frosh DE. Had his recruiting thread been on the main board, I would have known his last name too.

Who's invited to JD Quinn's wedding this summer? It's in MT. I know at least one of you are. Should be fun. We're coming back early from Europe early to attend.

I'll see if I can think of any other comments to irritate some of you.

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:

Too busy planning the Super Bowl party....in Miami of course!

Yup, I'm already in the southeast. Came down here a few days ago. By the way, the Vikes/49ers game was fun. I like both teams.

I know the kid as Jacob--the frosh DE. Had his recruiting thread been on the main board, I would have known his last name too.

Who's invited to JD Quinn's wedding this summer? It's in MT. I know at least one of you are. Should be fun. We're coming back early from Europe early to attend.

I'll see if I can think of any other comments to irritate some of you.
Does this mean you are coming back late or super early?

Sask, I assumed pr was using the metric version of early and that you would be the only one to understand him.

EverettGriz said:
Sask, I assumed pr was using the metric version of early and that you would be the only one to understand him.

Great point. While we're at it, can we all stop with the pretending that Canadia is even real?
Name me one person who has ever been there. I, for one, refuse to acknowledge its existence.

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

Great point. While we're at it, can we all stop with the pretending that Canadia is even real?
Name me one person who has ever been there. I, for one, refuse to acknowledge its existence.

Super Dave

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

It's like America but with universal healthcare, legal dope, and the ability to travel anywhere in the world without being spit on.

Htowngriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

It's like America but with universal healthcare, legal dope, and the ability to travel anywhere in the world without being spit on.

Sounds fake to me. I'll wait for more evidence before making a formal decision.

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

I played golf up there at a wedding once... It seemed to be real..

Back