• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oregon St DB Transfers

PlayerRep said:
PTGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
[*]
PTGrizzly said:
Just an fyi, Omar's actual 40 time from HS is a 4.52 (which is a very good time). That's laser, btw. I would guess the 4.38 was a hand time.

He also tore his ACL a couple years ago, so hopefully he's back to that speed. We need it.

What's your source for that time? He ran 4.4 last year. His acl was fine last fall when he started 3 games for Oregon St. He was a sprinter in high school in Texas.

Ummm...would ESPN and The Opening be a good enough source for you? They're fairly credible, I think.

If you're not aware, The Opening is a series of combines for HS athletes. Among other things, they have a laser timed 40 yard dash. So like I said, a laser 4.52 is a very good time. Check out how many at the NFL combine ran faster...there's not that many. The amount of sub 4.4 football players is incredibly miniscule.

I'm glad to hear his ACL is fine now! As I'm sure you know, some people recover differently. You never know if it will be the same as before, so that's why I mentioned it.

Sorry, but I call BS on you and that. I will take the official Oregon St times from last year. He ran 4.40, the 5th fastest on the team. The 2 corners who ran faster were both at 4.39. 2 receivers faster than that. He was the fastest safety and ran faster than 6 corners.

I sent the list to Brint. Perhaps he can post it. I'm too technically challenged to do that.

I mean, that's roughly the difference between a laser time and a hand time, so that makes sense.

I'm not sure why, or how, you can call BS on me. Check out The Opening. That's what I'm going off of.

Just for reference, at the 2019 NFL Combine there were 13 or 14 players who ran a 4.40 or faster. You think Oregon State had 5 guys who can?

PTGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
PTGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
[*]

What's your source for that time? He ran 4.4 last year. His acl was fine last fall when he started 3 games for Oregon St. He was a sprinter in high school in Texas.

Ummm...would ESPN and The Opening be a good enough source for you? They're fairly credible, I think.

If you're not aware, The Opening is a series of combines for HS athletes. Among other things, they have a laser timed 40 yard dash. So like I said, a laser 4.52 is a very good time. Check out how many at the NFL combine ran faster...there's not that many. The amount of sub 4.4 football players is incredibly miniscule.

I'm glad to hear his ACL is fine now! As I'm sure you know, some people recover differently. You never know if it will be the same as before, so that's why I mentioned it.

Sorry, but I call BS on you and that. I will take the official Oregon St times from last year. He ran 4.40, the 5th fastest on the team. The 2 corners who ran faster were both at 4.39. 2 receivers faster than that. He was the fastest safety and ran faster than 6 corners.

I sent the list to Brint. Perhaps he can post it. I'm too technically challenged to do that.

I mean, that's roughly the difference between a laser time and a hand time, so that makes sense.

I'm not sure why, or how, you can call BS on me. Check out The Opening. That's what I'm going off of.

Just for reference, at the 2019 NFL Combine there were 13 or 14 players who ran a 4.40 or faster. You think Oregon State had 5 guys who can?

I still call BS on you. You just want to tear down the Griz and players. You provide too much inaccurate information for my taste.

Omar ran the 5th fastest time at Oregon St last year. Had he run .01 faster, he would have tied for 3d. That's very very fast.

Even the NFL Combine doesn't use fully electronic timing. The start is hand-started. I believe the Combine still uses 1 electronic and 2 handheld, to calculate the posted time.

The Combine doesn't use an electronic start, because it would make the 40 times way too slow.

Please send your comments/complaints to Oregon St and Montana Football. Let me know if you need contact information. I just pointed out what UM put on Omar's recent UM bio and Ore. It's official times from last year. You should probably tell UM that if it's going to use a time from high school, then it also needs to include the time you found from high school (2014). I wonder if it's possible for a kid to improve his speed between junior year of high school and senior year of college?

Out there somewhere is probably a picture of his mom hand timing him getting the 4.38 40.

if he really ran that and the track claim to fame being a leg on a relay that track coach needs fired

PlayerRep said:
PTGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
PTGrizzly said:

I still call BS on you. You just want to tear down the Griz and players. You provide too much inaccurate information for my taste.

Omar ran the 5th fastest time at Oregon St last year. Had he run .01 faster, he would have tied for 3d. That's very very fast.

Even the NFL Combine doesn't use fully electronic timing. The start is hand-started. I believe the Combine still uses 1 electronic and 2 handheld, to calculate the posted time.

The Combine doesn't use an electronic start, because it would make the 40 times way too slow.

Please send your comments/complaints to Oregon St and Montana Football. Let me know if you need contact information. I just pointed out what UM put on Omar's recent UM bio and Ore. It's official times from last year. You should probably tell UM that if it's going to use a time from high school, then it also needs to include the time you found from high school (2014). I wonder if it's possible for a kid to improve his speed between junior year of high school and senior year of college?

Relax, Jack. I don't have any complaint, or criticism about anything here. I'm certainly not being negative toward any player. Just providing more accurate information. Thought you would appreciate that. ;)

Btw, it's not an electronic time. It's called a laser time. There is, a difference. Each player at the combine gets two attempts, the hand time is unofficial, the laser time is the official time. Every single 40 yard dash is laser timed at the combine. You are correct in that only the finish is with the laser. Not fully accurate, but generally a tenth or so more accurate than a hand time. I know you know agents that have been to the combine, ask them.

I'm more than positive that Oregon State timed their guys by hand, like most programs do. Hell, I remember when DeAngelo Hall ran a 4.15 at Virginia Tech when only to run something like a 4.35 at the combine.

PTGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:
PTGrizzly said:
PlayerRep said:

Relax, Jack. I don't have any complaint, or criticism about anything here. I'm certainly not being negative toward any player. Just providing more accurate information. Thought you would appreciate that. ;)

Btw, it's not an electronic time. It's called a laser time. There is, a difference. Each player at the combine gets two attempts, the hand time is unofficial, the laser time is the official time. Every single 40 yard dash is laser timed at the combine. You are correct in that only the finish is with the laser. Not fully accurate, but generally a tenth or so more accurate than a hand time. I know you know agents that have been to the combine, ask them.

I'm more than positive that Oregon State timed their guys by hand, like most programs do. Hell, I remember when DeAngelo Hall ran a 4.15 at Virginia Tech when only to run something like a 4.35 at the combine.

You provided LESS accurate info. You provided some unsourced info from 2014. It's 2020 now.

I provided official information from Oregon St football from last year. 4.40. 5th fastest on the team. Almost 3d fastest on the team., i.e. 4.40 compared to 4.29.

How could your unsourced info (other than from a website, where did it come from?) from 6 years ago, be more accurate?

Note the 3d paragraph below. You just provided more false information. What is wrong with you? All 6 times; no official time. You are dishonest.

"Here is what happens to get the 40 times at the Combine that are revealed:

--Those who participate in the 40 actually run twice, and on each run they are timed by two hand-held stopwatches and one electronic timer (that is actually initiated by hand on the player's first movement).

--Combine data put together for NFL teams by National Scouting includes all six of those times for each player, but no single official time.

Team scouts and coaches have various approaches for reaching agreement on a 40 time they use from those six timings. Some use averages. Some throw out slowest and fastest and then average the rest. Some ignore the whole thing and use a time taken by their own scout."

Bleacher Report.

Back