• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oregon St DB Transfers

SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
Just havent had him up to the lake house yet.

Too busy planning the Super Bowl party....in Miami of course!

Yup, I'm already in the southeast. Came down here a few days ago. By the way, the Vikes/49ers game was fun. I like both teams.

I know the kid as Jacob--the frosh DE. Had his recruiting thread been on the main board, I would have known his last name too.

Who's invited to JD Quinn's wedding this summer? It's in MT. I know at least one of you are. Should be fun. We're coming back early from Europe early to attend.

I'll see if I can think of any other comments to irritate some of you.
Does this mean you are coming back late or super early?

Coming back early at 5.5 weeks, instead of 6 weeks. I know these guy well and really like them, including Russum and Levi. Great guys. Another poster would agree. Also know the fiance, a UM grad, and now hotshot lawyer in Dallas. JD has done very well for himself.

Htowngriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
Sask, I assumed pr was using the metric version of early and that you would be the only one to understand him.

Great point. While we're at it, can we all stop with the pretending that Canadia is even real?
Name me one person who has ever been there. I, for one, refuse to acknowledge its existence.

It's like America but with universal healthcare, legal dope, and the ability to travel anywhere in the world without being spit on.

Healthcare that involves long waits and doesn't cover certain things. Does dope have to be legal to get it? Have any of you ever had a spit-on or similar experience traveling out of the US. I never have, and I have travelled outside the US more than most people I know. And a lower standard of living? And a crappy exchange rate with the US dollar.

I sure wouldn't want to live in Canada, although I like Canada.

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:
Sask, I assumed pr was using the metric version of early and that you would be the only one to understand him.

Great point. While we're at it, can we all stop with the pretending that Canadia is even real?
Name me one person who has ever been there. I, for one, refuse to acknowledge its existence.

I played golf up there at a wedding once... It seemed to be real..

That's exactly the kind of story that makes me doubt the existence of Canada. Golf at a wedding? Oh, bowling at funerals and surfing at bar mitzvahs? Red and White flags.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

That's exactly the kind of story that makes me doubt the existence of Canada. Golf at a wedding? Oh, bowling at funerals and surfing at bar mitzvahs? Red and White flags.

Use to bowl in Rudyard, after funerals in Chester, all the time..

PlayerRep said:
SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
Too busy planning the Super Bowl party....in Miami of course!

Yup, I'm already in the southeast. Came down here a few days ago. By the way, the Vikes/49ers game was fun. I like both teams.

I know the kid as Jacob--the frosh DE. Had his recruiting thread been on the main board, I would have known his last name too.

Who's invited to JD Quinn's wedding this summer? It's in MT. I know at least one of you are. Should be fun. We're coming back early from Europe early to attend.

Coming back early at 5.5 weeks, instead of 6 weeks. I know these guy well and really like them, including Russum and Levi. Great guys. Another poster would agree. Also know the fiance, a UM grad, and now hotshot lawyer in Dallas. JD has done very well for himself.
I'd ask you to post some pictures, but that technology is way beyond finding Recruiting Central.

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
SaskGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I'd ask you to post some pictures, but that technology is way beyond finding Recruiting Central.

Recruiting forum is human nature, click nature, and habit.

Photos are "tech" and way beyond me. I have Vikes v. 49ers photos too, but no clue what to do with them. We were in the area where the Vikes came out after game, for an hour. Took some photos, met only a few guys. At the game, the apparently fairly well know rap singer Saweetie sat right in front of us for a quarter or so. She was very pretty. https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/saweetie?family=editorial&sort=mostpopular&phrase=saweetie

Htowngriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

It's like America but with universal healthcare, legal dope, and the ability to travel anywhere in the world without being spit on.

Don’t know what you’re doing wrong, but I traveled all over Europe last summer and didn’t get spit on once. Try not being a dick. :thumb:

Htowngriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

50 years ago, when we were Peace Corps volunteers in South America, we used to pretend we were Canadians. Even then we were horrified/embarrassed by the things folks from the US said and did.

'68griz said:
Htowngriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

50 years ago, when we were Peace Corps volunteers in South America, we used to pretend we were Canadians.

Have you ever read a sentence that started a certain way, and then ended exactly how you expected it to end?

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

Go to the beaches and later at the club start chanting shower, shower and you will love the place. Oh and before all the local breweries started it was O'Keefes Extra Old Stock all the way !
Ask Sask.
Of course that was a few years ago.
But the memories will linger forever.

PlayerRep said:
Htowngriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

Healthcare that involves long waits and doesn't cover certain things. Does dope have to be legal to get it? Have any of you ever had a spit-on or similar experience traveling out of the US. I never have, and I have travelled outside the US more than most people I know. And a lower standard of living? And a crappy exchange rate with the US dollar.

1.The long waits claim is a bullshit argument that people use against universal healthcare, its not something that is factually accurate.

2. Im assuming PR gets spat on in Missoula let alone a foreign country.

3. Canada frequently tops the lists of countries with the highest standards of living, right up there with most Scandinavian countries. Heres a link because I know you love your proof. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/23/us-news--world-report-top-10-best-countries-in-the-world-in-2019-.html

You post a lot of bullshit and made up event to prove how cool you are, but this paragraph may have been one of your most bullshittiest to date.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Htowngriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

1.The long waits claim is a bullshit argument that people use against universal healthcare, its not something that is factually accurate.

2. Im assuming PR gets spat on in Missoula let alone a foreign country.

3. Canada frequently tops the lists of countries with the highest standards of living, right up there with most Scandinavian countries. Heres a link because I know you love your proof. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/23/us-news--world-report-top-10-best-countries-in-the-world-in-2019-.html

You post a lot of bullshit and made up event to prove how cool you are, but this paragraph may have been one of your most bullshittiest to date.

Your link is not even for standard of living. It's for some BS ranking called "best countries". Canada ranks far behind the US in standard of living. "The generally accepted measure of the standard of living is GDP per capita. 2 This is a nation's gross domestic product divided by its population." https://www.thebalance.com/standard-of-living-3305758

In 2019, the IMF has the US listed as 7th in per capita GDP, at $65,000, and Canada 17th at $46,000.

1 Luxembourg 113,196
2 Switzerland 83,716
— Macau 81,151
3 Norway 77,975
4 Ireland 77,771
5 Qatar 69,687
6 Iceland 67,037
7 United States 65,111

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

Wait times in Canada. They are huge and growing.

20 weeks is mean wait for 12 specialties. See below. That's alot of waiting.

"Waiting Your Turn, the Fraser Institute’s annual summary of treatment wait times in Canada, is out Tuesday, and the news is not good.

It begins, “Waiting for treatment has become a defining characteristic of Canadian health care,” and reports that the median wait for treatment across all provinces and some 12 medical specialties is now 19.8 weeks."

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/braun-how-much-patience-do-patients-need

"How long is the wait for a hip replacement in Canada?

People in the province needing a hip replacement can expect to wait 750 days while a knee replacement can take 800 days, a number far above the national average of 182 days. “Knees and hips are a huge, huge area impacting so many people and the quality of life,” said Pickup."

"This year, Canadians could expect to wait 4.3 weeks for a computed tomography (CT) scan, 10.6 weeks for a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan, and 3.9 weeks for an ultrasound. Research has repeatedly indicated that wait times for medically necessary treatment are not benign inconveniences.Dec 4, 2018"

www.fraserinstitute.org › studies › waiting-your-turn-wait-times-for-heal...

What's the BS event I made up to prove myself so cool? Quinn's wedding? I texted with him today.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
It's not a BS argument. Check the northern US hospitals close to the Canadian border at any time and you will see a surprisingly high number of Canadian patients. Whether it's due to excessively long waits or service rationing is anyone's guess. Both are features of single payer health care.

kemajic said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:
It's not a BS argument. Check the northern US hospitals close to the Canadian border at any time and you will see a surprisingly high number of Canadian patients. Whether it's due to excessively long waits or service rationing is anyone's guess. Both are features of single payer health care.

Yep. It is, in fact, a cottage industry for northern hospitals. It’s not just serendipity that they see a lot of Canadian customers.

I'll offer an alternative opinion to health care so maybe the boom boom boomers will get back on topic.

According to HealthSystemTracker.org: "Back in 1980, life expectancy at birth in the U.S. was similar to that of comparable countries. However, since then, the U.S. has gained just 4.9 years of life expectancy, while comparable countries have gained 7.8 years on average. Currently Canada has an 82.3 while the US average life expectancy is 78.6. So maybe the wait for service is worth it since Canada heath service quality is still ranked 7th (US is 1). And of course Canada doesn't have ............. well you know who. Can we get back to talking about the OState transfers?

sdk.catfish said:
I'll offer an alternative opinion to health care so maybe the boom boom boomers will get back on topic.

According to HealthSystemTracker.org: "Back in 1980, life expectancy at birth in the U.S. was similar to that of comparable countries. However, since then, the U.S. has gained just 4.9 years of life expectancy, while comparable countries have gained 7.8 years on average. Currently Canada has an 82.3 while the US average life expectancy is 78.6. So maybe the wait for service is worth it since Canada heath service quality is still ranked 7th (US is 1). And of course Canada doesn't have ............. well you know who. Can we get back to talking about the OState transfers?

Canadians have no stress. America does everything for them. :ugeek:

sdk.catfish said:

US life expectancy is influenced by the below things, not healthcare.

"Life expectancy at birth -- the average length of time that you are expected to live -- continues to drop for Americans, a new study finds. Drug overdoses, suicides, alcohol-related illnesses and obesity are largely to blame."

PlayerRep said:
sdk.catfish said:

"Life expectancy at birth -- the average length of time that you are expected to live -- continues to drop for Americans, a new study finds. Drug overdoses, suicides, alcohol-related illnesses and obesity are largely to blame."
A clear shot at the last two....

PlayerRep said:

Yeah, none of those things could be influenced by better healthcare...

How is this thread still in the football forum? The title is confusing, considering too much of it is about healthcare. WTF?

Latest posts

Back