• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Oregon St DB Transfers

kemajic said:
jcu27 said:
Why is every transfer being brought in have injury problems?
Hard to answer why, because every transfer brought in doesn't have injury problems.

Conjugation challenges aside, I would also like to know which transfers have injury problems.

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
jcu27 said:
Hard to answer why, because every transfer brought in doesn't have injury problems.

Conjugation challenges aside, I would also like to know which transfers have injury problems.

Marcus Knight only scored 25 touchdowns. Broke the running back record held by Chase “walking wounded” Reynolds! A walking injury! Couldn’t stay healthy! Cam Humphrey had only four starts and kept the Griz in the hunt-injured all the time! Babros—just a broken down edge rusher! There’s your examples CDA!

rocklobster said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
jcu27 said:

Marcus Knight only scored 25 touchdowns. Broke the running back record held by Chase “walking wounded” Reynolds! A walking injury! Couldn’t stay healthy! Cam Humphrey had only four starts and kept the Griz in the hunt-injured all the time! Babros—just a broken down edge rusher! There’s your examples CDA!

That was a wild ride, Rock; a wild ride.
I was asking about jcu’s assertion that all of the incoming transfers have injury problems. That said, your post brought me from six to midnight.

CDAGRIZ said:
rocklobster said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

I was asking about jcu’s assertion that all of the incoming transfers have injury problems. That said, your post brought me from six to midnight.

I have a friend who slings purple pills and pirated Dixie Chick (thx limewire) singles. Former plus latter in succession will do likewise for the flagpole. PM if interested, I'll hook a brother up.

MontanaJack2006 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
rocklobster said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I have a friend who slings purple pills and pirated Dixie Chick (thx limewire) singles. Former plus latter in succession will do likewise for the flagpole. PM if interested, I'll hook a brother up.

Limewire? The username checks out. Great way to give a computer AIDS in 2006.

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
jcu27 said:

Are you and PR both reading impaired? It is clearly stated that "every" transfer brought in has injury problems. With that given, the dude want's to know why.

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
jcu27 said:

Are you and PR both reading impaired? It is clearly stated that "every" transfer brought in has injury problems. With that given, the dude want's to know why.

Are he does? OK. I are also wanting to know why is every transfer brought in have alleged injury problems.

Although he was listed as a safety at OSU, from the looks of his film Hicks-Onu has experience lining up as a nickel corner. He definitely has the coverage skills and athleticism to make the transition to cornerback.

All of the film for Trajon Cotton was from highschool, understandably, but he looks like a great acquisition too. He has the length and speed we're all looking for in a corner, but the strength of a safety. Also has a high level of awareness on the football field.

Two exciting pickups for the Griz that should be fun to watch. Hopefully they add an extra edge to that already stout defense.

Kid gets injured one season, rehabs, backup takes over and does well and coaches want to stick with what’s working or going well. Let’s say backup is similar level of play or maybe better. The injured kid rehabs and decides to go else where to maybe have a better shot a play time. I guess that’s how I see it.
I doubt a kid that gets hurt that has a backup that does not perform well decides to transfer out.
Could be completely wrong however!

I'm surprised this thread hasn't blown UP, given that it's on the main board and all....I figured 8-10 pages, 250 responses by now...

AZGrizFan said:
I'm surprised this thread hasn't blown UP, given that it's on the main board and all....I figured 8-10 pages, 250 responses by now...

It has blown up. It is one of the 3 highest viewed threads page one, along with another recruiting thread and Dante Olson. There are 29 open threads on page 1. I believe there are only 2 threads on the Recruiting subsection, with more views, excluding stickers and the several threads that are set up to have a continuing discussion on a category of recruits (not individual topics). The other recruiting thread on the main football forum has even more views.

It's apparently hard for some of you hardheads to understand the point. Recruiting topics/threads generally get way more views on the main board. A number of posters have said exactly the same thing.

AZGrizFan said:

Well, it has 6713 page views since it was posted on Tuesday January 14th. The thread on the recruiting page where info about these guys (and many others) (Offical Signing day List 2019 (Plus Jan/Feb recruiting) 3 Transfers & 1 Verbal) which is a compilation thread of all the official recruits and any verbals or transfers since signing day was posted on December 19th, has 11 pages and 30,316 views talking about every signee and all rumors since early signing.

So, this one thread on the main board about TWO guys, has 22% of the total views of the ENTIRE recruiting discussion since December 19th...

I know several of you just think people are being lazy, and they may be, but there is all kinds of SEO and website development research that says the more clicks a visitor has to make, the less traffic a page gets.

I would have added these stats to the thread about this topic but Payton locked it (which is a whole different conversation in itself).

Carry on... :coffee:

I can't wait to see these guys on the field. Great job by the staff to address the issues.

CDAGRIZ said:
I can't wait to see these guys on the field. Great job by the staff to address the issues.

Amen. Huge need. Even if they are just average Big Sky Cornerbacks this is a huge addition to the depth and rotation at that position.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

It has blown up. It is one of the 3 highest viewed threads page one, along with another recruiting thread and Dante Olson. There are 29 open threads on page 1. I believe there are only 2 threads on the Recruiting subsection, with more views, excluding stickers and the several threads that are set up to have a continuing discussion on a category of recruits (not individual topics). The other recruiting thread on the main football forum has even more views.

It's apparently hard for some of you hardheads to understand the point. Recruiting topics/threads generally get way more views on the main board. A number of posters have said exactly the same thing.

This is an absolute CLASSIC eGriz off-season pissing contest thread.

Grzz comparing it to the Official Signing Day thread is disingenuous at best. The ACTUAL recruiting thread has almost 120,000 views, 34 pages and 677 responses. Now add those two together and you get 150,000+ views and almost 900 responses. I guess SOMEBODY is able to find that forum.

Individual recruit announcement threads located IN the Recruiting sub-forum:

Jacob McGourin - 9382 views
Jaxson Lee - 7511
Robbie Patterson - 7203
Keelan White - 6841
Sam Vidlak - 5399
Jace Klucewich - 4915
Noah Kashmitter - 4240
Xavier Harris - 4099

Bottom line: There's no "right" or "wrong" answer. Unless you are a person who just INSISTS that you must always be right.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

This is an absolute CLASSIC eGriz off-season pissing contest thread.

Grzz comparing it to the Official Signing Day thread is disingenuous at best. The ACTUAL recruiting thread has almost 120,000 views, 34 pages and 677 responses. Now add those two together and you get 150,000+ views and almost 900 responses. I guess SOMEBODY is able to find that forum.

Individual recruit announcement threads located IN the Recruiting sub-forum:

Jacob McGourin - 9382 views
Jaxson Lee - 7511
Robbie Patterson - 7203
Keelan White - 6841
Sam Vidlak - 5399
Jace Klucewich - 4915
Noah Kashmitter - 4240
Xavier Harris - 4099

Bottom line: There's no "right" or "wrong" answer. Unless you are a person who just INSISTS that you must always be right.

This thread has only been up only a few days and already has more views than most of the individual threads you mentioned.

Some of those individual threads got many-most
of their views on the main forum before being moved.

If the goal is more views, there is a right way.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:

This thread has only been up only a few days and already has more views than most of the individual threads you mentioned.

Some of those individual threads got many-most
of their views on the main forum before being moved.

If the goal is more views, there is a right way.

PR, I'd have been disappointed if you didn't think you were "that guy". :lol: :lol:

Back