• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU opens at Oregon next season

2011BisonAlumni said:
SoldierGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
“Wentz played the entire regular season for the first time since his rookie year, having suffered major injuries at the end of both the 2017 and 2018 seasons. Nick Foles led the Eagles to the Super Bowl title in February 2018. This was Wentz's first playoff game.”

I didn’t realize this makes three unfinished seasons. That sucks for the kid and organization.

Vicious and dirty hit. Those are career killer hits.

Clowney should have been ejected. Piece of shit should be out for the playoffs.

Meh. Solid football play.

Kindly go fuck yourself if you think that was a solid football play.

Lowering your head and spearing it into the back of a helmet when a player is already down is not a solid football play.

I only saw the full speed replay, and it looked fairly bang-bang. Was he ejected? Is the league investigating for future suspension?

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
SoldierGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Vicious and dirty hit. Those are career killer hits.

Clowney should have been ejected. Piece of shit should be out for the playoffs.

Meh. Solid football play.

Kindly go [*]f*** yourself if you think that was a solid football play.

Lowering your head and spearing it into the back of a helmet when a player is already down is not a solid football play.

I only saw the full speed replay, and it looked fairly bang-bang. Was he ejected? Is the league investigating for future suspension?

Oh the league will be investigating it. No it was not a bang-bang play. He clearly turned, looked and launched for a head to head hit. He’s one of the dirtiest players in the NFL.

https://mobile.twitter.com/247KevinBoilard/status/1213947168970694661?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Unfortunate. Not vicious, in my view. Just happened. Wentz wasn't quite down, and certainly wasn't down when the the defender started his tackle and couldn't revise it. Don't know the rule on that, due to the helmet to helmet. Would have been different if the defender was coming at Wentz, but he wasn't, he was behind Wentz. Suppose the helmet to helmet may make it a violation. Why didn't Wentz slide? The slide is designed to protect qb's.

Note that Wentz played 5 more plays after the hit.

PlayerRep said:
Unfortunate. Not vicious, in my view. Just happened. Wentz wasn't quite down, and certainly wasn't down when the the defender started his tackle and couldn't revise it. Don't know the rule on that, due to the helmet to helmet. Would have been different if the defender was coming at Wentz, but he wasn't, he was behind Wentz. Suppose the helmet to helmet may make it a violation. Why didn't Wentz slide? The slide is designed to protect qb's.

No it didn’t “just happen”. Clowney is one of the dirtiest players in the NFL. Hell, even Skip Bayless called it out as a dirty hit and he is the biggest Eagle hater alive.

You can not lead with the helmet. The NFL specifically has a rule against it.

Clowney will be fined for the hit.

PlayerRep said:

No it didn’t “just happen”. Clowney is one of the dirtiest players in the NFL. Hell, even Skip Bayless called it out as a dirty hit and he is the biggest Eagle hater alive.

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

"Referee Shawn Smith told a pool reporter the hit wasn’t flagged because Wentz didn’t give himself up.

“He was a runner, and he did not give himself up,” Smith said. “We saw incidental helmet contact, and, in our judgment, we didn’t rule that to be a foul.”

The refs said "incidental" contact. Also, the defender also hit Wentz with his shoulder in Wentz' back. Perhaps even slightly before the head contact.

"Ryan Clark says Seattle Seahawks DE Jadeveon Clowney's hit on Philadelphia Eagles QB Carson Wentz should not be considered a dirty hit as Wentz was not sliding. John Fox also does not think the hit was made with intent to injure Wentz, however he expects Clowney to be fined."

"After the game, NFL cameras caught Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson asking Eagles coach Doug Pederson about Wentz's condition. Pederson told Wilson the Philly QB would be "fine."

"Here's Clowney's response: "I was just playing fast. He turned like he was running the ball and I was trying to get him down."
View image on Twitter

Looked like a classic targeting to me. Helmet to helmet drove his head into the ground which is probably where the most damage was done. Clowney is not the only dirty player on the Seattle defense. Even after Sherman moved on.

It's the NFL playoffs, players hit harder, get over it.
Maybe Wentz's pansy ass is just not cut out for the NFL after all.. Dolphins fan here last playoff game Miami played in (yes I know years ago) our starting QB Matt Moore took a vicious hit (bigger than cupcake Wentz took today) to the head from a Pittsburgh defender when running to the sideline to get out if bounds. No flag and I believe no fine after the game. Matt Moore gutted it out and played the rest of the game.

kemajic said:
Looked like a classic targeting to me. Helmet to helmet drove his head into the ground which is probably where the most damage was done. Clowney is not the only dirty player on the Seattle defense. Even after Sherman moved on.

https://syndication-bleacherreport-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2688342-jadeveon-clowney-fined-for-hit-on-tom-brady-latest-details-and-reaction.amp.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15782800730939&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thesportsdaily.com/2020/01/05/jadeveon-clowney-puts-cheap-shot-on-carson-wentz-knocks-eagles-qb-out-of-game-video/amp/

Chicken shit hit and candyass football. What we expect from Carroll.

timjayko said:
It's the NFL playoffs, players hit harder, get over it.
Maybe Wentz's pansy ass is just not cut out for the NFL after all.. Dolphins fan here last playoff game Miami played in (yes I know years ago) our starting QB Matt Moore took a vicious hit (bigger than cupcake Wentz took today) to the head from a Pittsburgh defender when running to the sideline to get out if bounds. No flag and I believe no fine after the game. Matt Moore gutted it out and played the rest of the game.

This is why football will die.....Ignorant ass comments like that.

There is nothing “pansy” about suffering a serious head injury like that...and you shouldn’t “gut” it out. Actually you can’t now in the NFL. Once you are evaluated for a head injury and it is determined you have a concussion, you can’t play in the NFL.

Seriously, please evaluate the shit you spew out regarding this. The future of the sport and the health of the players deserves not to have anyone like you watching, coaching or speaking about the game of football.

PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

"Referee Shawn Smith told a pool reporter the hit wasn’t flagged because Wentz didn’t give himself up.

“He was a runner, and he did not give himself up,” Smith said. “We saw incidental helmet contact, and, in our judgment, we didn’t rule that to be a foul.”

The refs said "incidental" contact. Also, the defender also hit Wentz with his shoulder in Wentz' back. Perhaps even slightly before the head contact.

"Ryan Clark says Seattle Seahawks DE Jadeveon Clowney's hit on Philadelphia Eagles QB Carson Wentz should not be considered a dirty hit as Wentz was not sliding. John Fox also does not think the hit was made with intent to injure Wentz, however he expects Clowney to be fined."

"After the game, NFL cameras caught Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson asking Eagles coach Doug Pederson about Wentz's condition. Pederson told Wilson the Philly QB would be "fine."

"Here's Clowney's response: "I was just playing fast. He turned like he was running the ball and I was trying to get him down."
View image on Twitter

When a QB dives, they are considered to be giving themselves up, just like sliding. That is the rule in the NFL.

99% of anyone talking about the hit right now is saying it was a dirty hit.

Go watch it with your own eyeballs and explain how it was not illegal.

Interesting stuff. The bigger issue could be Wentz’s future in Philly. I know their fans aren’t happy with the hit, but they also might be the least tolerant fan base in sports when it comes to fragile players in big games. No matter how it happened, getting knocked out of 75% of your seasons and 0-1 in the playoffs is a tough look, especially when your backup won SB MVP and got dealt away.

CDAGRIZ said:
Interesting stuff. The bigger issue could be Wentz’s future in Philly. I know their fans aren’t happy with the hit, but they also might be the least tolerant fan base in sports when it comes to fragile players in big games. No matter how it happened, getting knocked out of 75% of your seasons and 0-1 in the playoffs is a tough look, especially when your backup won SB MVP and got dealt away.

He just dragged 5 practice squad players an offensive line missing three starters to the playoffs while setting an NFL record for being the only QB to throw for 4,000 yards without a 500 yard receiver. They will be fine.

There is nothing “fragile” about Wentz in regards to that hit....the human body is not built to absorb that.

He missed one snap all year. I’d hardly call that being 0-1 in the sense that he lost the game.

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

View image on Twitter

When a QB dives, they are considered to be giving themselves up, just like sliding. That is the rule in the NFL.

Looked liked he'd been hit in the legs and was falling forward to me.

Show us the rule you cite.

Why didn't refs say they judged it to be incidental and that Wentz had NOT given himself up?

I don't know whether it was illegal or not, but I line up, as of now, with the refs. Note that the quoted ref said "we" judged it to be incidental. He said nothing diving by a qb to be going himself up.

I supposed the defender will get fined, in part to pacify whiners like you.

It's obvious you never played football and have never have tackled anyone.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

There is nothing “fragile” about Wentz in regards to that hit....the human body is not built to absorb that.

He missed one snap all year. I’d hardly call that being 0-1 in the sense that he lost the game.

Like I said, I don’t think the fans really care how it keeps happening that he can’t finish seasons, just that it does. Sure, it sucks for him, but the front office might take a look at going another way. How many playoff wins does he have?

PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

View image on Twitter

Why didn't refs say they judged it to be incidental and that Wentz had NOT given himself up?

I don't know whether it was illegal or not, but I line up, as of now, with the refs. Note that the quoted ref said "we" judged it to be incidental. He said nothing diving by a qb to be going himself up.

I broke my neck....so I guess I feel different about injuries and especially injuries caused by dirty hits.

Just stop fucking arguing about it. It is apparent it is an illegal hit and Clowney will get fined for it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLOfficiating/status/1173427524665298946?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-31269595841587062973.ampproject.net%2F1912201827130%2Fframe.html

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Like I said, I don’t think the fans really care how it keeps happening that he can’t finish seasons, just that it does. Sure, it sucks for him, but the front office might take a look at going another way. How many playoff wins does he have?

No, the front office is not going to look at moving on after giving him a huge contract and watching him break franchise passing records with the worst receivers in the NFL.

Suffering a head injury from a blatant targeting hit like that is not indicative of his ability to stay healthy or not. ANY QB would have been knocked out from that.

CDAGRIZ said:
What kind of year did Foles have?

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

View image on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLOfficiating/status/1173427524665298946?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-31269595841587062973.ampproject.net%2F1912201827130%2Fframe.html

But Wentz didn't dive. He was tackled and fell forward. Look where the ball was spotted. Where he went down, not where he "dove" from. The refs specifically said he hadn't given himself up. in the video you show, no one tackles Wentz. He dives.

PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

But Wentz didn't dive. He was tackled and fell forward. Look where the ball was spotted. Where he went down, not where he "dove" from. The refs specifically said he hadn't given himself up.

God almighty can you just take off the Maroon and silver goggles for a minute?

It is an illegal hit regardless of him giving himself up or not. You can not lead and initiate contact with the crown of the helmet. The referee got it wrong but the league will not when they fine Clowney for it.

I could sympathize with it if it was about anyone else but Clowney has been fined so many times for illegal hits and was unsympathetic at all. The replay clearly showed what he was trying to do.

Back