• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU opens at Oregon next season

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
I assume that was just another a CDA's jokes.

Are you going to propose a bet on the Oregon game next fall, or are you too scared to back up your big mouth?

What do I have a big mouth about? Did I say I thought they would win? It will be a dam hard game for the Bison to win.

They will not get blown out and will be competitive in the game. If they win I won’t be surprised.....but I don’t bet on football games.

You said NDSU would have the best players on the field and essentially said it would either be a close gamer or the Bison would win. So, given your big mouth prediction, let's see your proposal for a $100 bet.

Why don't you go over to the Oregon board, and give them your views? Or, maybe someone here should put your post over there. They'd run you out of the gym. I would love to see you get ridiculed over there.

Why do I have a big mouth saying they will have the best two players on the field? It is true.

Because it's not true. I don't think your qb is anything special, for example. He's good, but he plays for a great team and has a very good o-line in front of him. He doesn't throw much. Averages 12-18. Only threw over 23 passes in one game (31). No picks was impressive, tho.

argh! said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
braves84 said:
Look it up yourself, plenty of articles of the game on the espn search engine as well as the des Moines register , and the daily Iowan.

So ESPN was covering the views of egret posters on the NDSU v.Iowa game in 216? Wow, I didn't know that.

Sorry, buddy, but if you make an assertion, you have to prove it or back it up. We don't have to do your homework. You have no substance. You have no game. Just a blowhard who can't back up what he says.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/watchstadium.com/news/iowa-vs-north-dakota-state-prediction-game-preview-09-12-2016/amp/

so this guy from michigan somehow counts as being on egriz, even though he wasn't, and probably doesn't even know egriz exists? that 'alumni' in your title is obviously no typo. you really are that dumb... wow, that's something. i didn't think egriz had any surprises left after all these years, but here we have it, a nodak state 'alumni' has just taken dumb to a new level.

I knew it would happen. We finally agree on something. Just kidding. I agree with much of what you say these days.

PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
What do I have a big mouth about? Did I say I thought they would win? It will be a dam hard game for the Bison to win.

They will not get blown out and will be competitive in the game. If they win I won’t be surprised.....but I don’t bet on football games.

You said NDSU would have the best players on the field and essentially said it would either be a close gamer or the Bison would win. So, given your big mouth prediction, let's see your proposal for a $100 bet.

Why don't you go over to the Oregon board, and give them your views? Or, maybe someone here should put your post over there. They'd run you out of the gym. I would love to see you get ridiculed over there.

Why do I have a big mouth saying they will have the best two players on the field? It is true.

Because it's not true. I don't think your qb is anything special, for example. He's good, but he plays for a great team and has a very good o-line in front of him. He doesn't throw much. Averages 12-18. Only threw over 23 passes in one game (31). No picks was impressive, tho.

Well he’s arguably the Payton front runner as a freshman....so...

I think there are maybe a handful of college football teams he wouldn’t start for next year.

He’s the most talented player NDSU has had, and that includes a guy who played the same position and was drafted #2 in the NFL draft.

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

I think there are maybe a handful of college football teams he wouldn’t start for next year.

He’s the most talented player NDSU has had, and that includes a guy who played the same position and was drafted #2 in the NFL draft.

All this based on one year of competition. Lots of things left in his future. Potential is one thing, history is another.

BTW, has anyone seen him leap over any tall buildings lately?

MikeyGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

All this based on one year of competition. Lots of things left in his future. Potential is one thing, history is another.

History of what? He’s the best QB in the FCS this year....as a redshirt freshman

MikeyGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

Based on 18 passes per game, and 12 completions.

Sure, more talented than Wenz. Ha ha. A healthy Dalton Sneed would have started over him at NDSU.

Just when it seemed that 2011 couldn't say something dumber, he does.

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

I watched the Illinois St. Qfinal game. The level of talent you espouse was not evident. 0 TDs.

If the NDSU qb had played for Cookus' team NAU, no one would have heard of him.

He threw for 181 yards per game. Cookus threw for 343 per game, 1st in the nation. Lance was 73d in the nation.

So the 73d in the FCS nation guy will be the best offensive player on the field against Oregon. Real funny.

PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

Sure, more talented than Wenz. Ha ha. A healthy Dalton Sneed would have started over him at NDSU.

You do understand that NDSU doesn’t throw the ball a ton, right?

PlayerRep said:

He threw for 181 yards per game. Cookus threw for 343 per game, 1st in the nation. Lance was 73d in the nation.

So the 73d in the FCS nation guy will be the best offensive player on the field against Oregon. Real funny.

Clearly you don’t understand that NDSU does not have an offensive system designed to put up massive passing stats....but their offense requires so much more of a college QB than the system at NAU. It is extremely complex in what is asked of the QB. Trey is making the vast majority of the calls at the line of scrimmage.

Case Cookus also rushed for a whopping 19 yards and 1 TD this year. Trey has 934 rushing yards and 13 rushing TD’s.

Trey has a 182.80 passer rating compared to 150.5 for Case Cookus and averages 9.8 yards per attempt compared to 8.6 for Cookus.

2011BisonAlumni said:
cmtgrizzly said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
srgrizizen said:
Oregon has had OUTSTANDING recruiting for several years, including this year. If you're counting on the 2020 Ducks beiyng much worse than this year, you're in for a big surprise. I give NDSU a 10% chance of winning. You'll be in shock just because you aren't playing at home in your barn.

Meh....NDSU will be more experienced and will have the best offensive player on the field in Trey Lance and the best defensive player on the field in Jabril Cox.

I don’t think the team will be in any sort of shock. The program is 9-3 against FBS opponents since moving up.

So you truly believe the best players on the field will be Bison? Even if you do believe that, maybe your right (I doubt it though), what have they objectively done to prove it. I like Lance and think he is going to be a star for sure but not ready to crown Pac12 elite yet. The Bison arrogance generally doesnt bother me much I think they have earned it but come on.

Yes. Oregon will not have an offensive player as good as Trey Lance on the field or a defensive player on the field as good as Jabril Cox. Heck, I don’t know if Oregon will even have a wide receiver as good as Christian Watson. I’ll also say that given their graduation losses, NDSU will have a better offensive line, especially considering they bring back 4/5 starters.

You are stoned

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

You do understand that the primary way to evaluate almost all college qb's is based on how they throws, and how much passing yardage they accounts for, and how he operates under pressure. Not throwing picks is part of that. Your guy was good at that this year, but it's in large part because he was almost never under pressure due to your o-line and scheme. Your guy doesn't get tested; guys like Cookus are tested constantly and have to make many plays and tough plays for their teams to win and score.

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

Clearly you don’t understand that NDSU does not have an offensive system designed to put up massive passing stats....but their offense requires so much more of a college QB than the system at NAU. It is extremely complex in what is asked of the QB. Trey is making the vast majority of the calls at the line of scrimmage.

Case Cookus also rushed for a whopping 19 yards and 1 TD this year. Trey has 934 rushing yards and 13 rushing TD’s.

Trey has a 182.80 passer rating compared to 150.5 for Case Cookus and averages 9.8 yards per attempt compared to 8.6 for Cookus.

You seem to want to everyone to judge your qb by how well he hands off the ball playing with a great team and behind a very good o-line. Are you saying he's more of a manager than a playmaker?

What is NAU's system? Let's hear how the NAU system is so simple. Be careful, because I know the OC and another offensive coach there.

PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:

You do understand that the primary way to evaluate almost all college qb's is based on how they throws, and how much passing yardage they accounts for, and how he operates under pressure. Not throwing picks is part of that. Your guy was good at that this year, but it's in large part because he was almost never under pressure due to your o-line and scheme. Your guy doesn't get tested; guys like Cookus are tested constantly and have to make many plays and tough plays for their teams to win and score.

I don’t know PR, I had the same amount of picks as Lance this season and only a couple fewer attempts.

I am not a bison fan, but I have to give credit where credit is due. I think it is pretty ballsy of Oregon to play NDSU right off the bat. I know the schedule was in place but I bet they are going to be paying attention to the game next week. I watched 4 or 5 Bison games or at least portions of them and listened to a few more on the radio (not by choice) but it happens when you travel to Minnesota and Lance is a special freshman QB, I doubt Sneed would have started over him (unless Sneed was there as a freshman it seems that is NDSU's way pick a good hs recruit and stick with him) but we will never know. I know I wish we were opening up against an FBS school instead of Central W. followed by 2 more duds.

Bisonalum's criteria for individual players is whether or not they win in a team game. If he can't see the flaw in that logic it's not worth the arguement. All you can hope for is that whatever job brought him from Fargo to Missoula doesn't involve children, decision making, or moving parts. "This engine is in the Ford Focus, it's the best selling car in the world so it's a better engine than the Ferrari."

2011BisonAlumni said:
Yes. Oregon will not have an offensive player as good as Trey Lance on the field or a defensive player on the field as good as Jabril Cox. Heck, I don’t know if Oregon will even have a wide receiver as good as Christian Watson. I’ll also say that given their graduation losses, NDSU will have a better offensive line, especially considering they bring back 4/5 starters.
Bookmarked to be shared with UO friends prior to the game. Could appear in the locker room. You personally are making sure NDSU doesn't sneak up on Oregon like they have with other FBS games.

Just got a text from Timmy. He said they wished they had Lance today, and just hoped Wentz could approach the unbelievable talent of Lance.

PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
MikeyGriz said:

If passing yards was how we evaluate QB’s, Jameis Winston would have been the MVP this year.

Trey averaged over 1 yard per attempt higher than Cookus, a 7% higher completion percentage, and a quarterback rating 30 points higher...those are way better metrics to gauge passing ability.

I’ll bet you $1,000 right now Trey Lance will be drafted higher than Case Cookus (assuming neither suffer a horrible injury).

Back