• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU opens at Oregon next season

Paytonlives said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
cmtgrizzly said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Meh....NDSU will be more experienced and will have the best offensive player on the field in Trey Lance and the best defensive player on the field in Jabril Cox.

I don’t think the team will be in any sort of shock. The program is 9-3 against FBS opponents since moving up.

So you truly believe the best players on the field will be Bison? Even if you do believe that, maybe your right (I doubt it though), what have they objectively done to prove it. I like Lance and think he is going to be a star for sure but not ready to crown Pac12 elite yet. The Bison arrogance generally doesnt bother me much I think they have earned it but come on.

Yes. 1)Oregon will not have an offensive player as good as Trey Lance on the field or a 2)defensive player on the field as good as Jabril Cox. Heck, I don’t know if Oregon will even have a 3)wide receiver as good as Christian Watson. I’ll also say that given their graduation losses, 4)NDSU will have a better offensive line, especially considering they bring back 4/5 starters.

You are stoned

On all 4 of your comments

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
Looked liked he'd been hit in the legs and was falling forward to me.

Show us the rule you cite.

Why didn't refs say they judged it to be incidental and that Wentz had NOT given himself up?

I don't know whether it was illegal or not, but I line up, as of now, with the refs. Note that the quoted ref said "we" judged it to be incidental. He said nothing diving by a qb to be going himself up.

I supposed the defender will get fined, in part to pacify whiners like you.

It's obvious you never played football and have never have tackled anyone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLOfficiating/status/1173427524665298946?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-31269595841587062973.ampproject.net%2F1912201827130%2Fframe.html

But Wentz didn't dive. He was tackled and fell forward. Look where the ball was spotted. Where he went down, not where he "dove" from. The refs specifically said he hadn't given himself up.

God almighty can you just take off the Maroon and silver goggles for a minute?

It is an illegal hit regardless of him giving himself up or not. You can not lead and initiate contact with the crown of the helmet. The referee got it wrong but the league will not when they fine Clowney for it.

I could sympathize with it if it was about anyone else but Clowney has been fined so many times for illegal hits and was unsympathetic at all. The replay clearly showed what he was trying to do.

tenor-2.gif

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Interesting stuff. The bigger issue could be Wentz’s future in Philly. I know their fans aren’t happy with the hit, but they also might be the least tolerant fan base in sports when it comes to fragile players in big games. No matter how it happened, getting knocked out of 75% of your seasons and 0-1 in the playoffs is a tough look, especially when your backup won SB MVP and got dealt away.
What kind of year did Foles have?

Kem. Shhh! He’s going to get a clue.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Interesting stuff. The bigger issue could be Wentz’s future in Philly. I know their fans aren’t happy with the hit, but they also might be the least tolerant fan base in sports when it comes to fragile players in big games. No matter how it happened, getting knocked out of 75% of your seasons and 0-1 in the playoffs is a tough look, especially when your backup won SB MVP and got dealt away.

There is nothing “fragile” about Wentz in regards to that hit....the human body is not built to absorb that.

He missed one snap all year. I’d hardly call that being 0-1 in the sense that he lost the game.

Like I said, I don’t think the fans really care how it keeps happening that he can’t finish seasons, just that it does. Sure, it sucks for him, but the front office might take a look at going another way. How many playoff wins does he have?

No, the front office is not going to look at moving on after giving him a huge contract and watching him break franchise passing records with the worst receivers in the NFL.

Suffering a head injury from a blatant targeting hit like that is not indicative of his ability to stay healthy or not. ANY QB would have been knocked out from that.

Idk, man. You can break all the records you want and it doesn’t mean much if you can’t finish the season 75% of the time. With their draft position, they could consider dealing him to the Chargers and starting over by drafting a more durable QB.

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
Looked liked he'd been hit in the legs and was falling forward to me.

Show us the rule you cite.

Why didn't refs say they judged it to be incidental and that Wentz had NOT given himself up?

I don't know whether it was illegal or not, but I line up, as of now, with the refs. Note that the quoted ref said "we" judged it to be incidental. He said nothing diving by a qb to be going himself up.

I supposed the defender will get fined, in part to pacify whiners like you.

It's obvious you never played football and have never have tackled anyone.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLOfficiating/status/1173427524665298946?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-31269595841587062973.ampproject.net%2F1912201827130%2Fframe.html

But Wentz didn't dive. He was tackled and fell forward. Look where the ball was spotted. Where he went down, not where he "dove" from. The refs specifically said he hadn't given himself up.

It is an illegal hit regardless of him giving himself up or not. You can not lead and initiate contact with the crown of the helmet. The referee got it wrong but the league will not when they fine Clowney for it.

I could sympathize with it if it was about anyone else but Clowney has been fined so many times for illegal hits and was unsympathetic at all. The replay clearly showed what he was trying to do.

I am wearing my football glasses involving having played defense for a top 20 D-I team.

Incidental helmet contact is not illegal. There were scores of helmet contacts, this weekend, bigger than the one involving Wentz, that were not penalties.

The replay shows that the defender dove to make a tackle of an advancing runner that was not down. The replay shows that the defender's shoulder hit the back of Wentz just before or just as the defender's helmet contacted the back of Wenz's helmet. The defender was twisting a bit and sort of on his side. The defender's momentum then took him over Wentz, not into him.

I saw the helmet contact. Again, I don't know the exact interpretation of the rule. Again, I agree, based on what I know and saw, with the refs' assessment. Incidental contact. Runner had not given himself up. Wentz was running forward and being tackled, and then falling and stretching forward. In may view, he didn't dive.

The refs obviously saw the play. Judged the runner not to be giving up himself under the rule. Obviously, saw the helmet contact. Judged it to be incidental.

Tacklers have to be allowed to tackle any runner, especially one going forward. The game is fast. The game is rough and tough.

The league is welcome to fine the defender to appease whiners like you. The game suffers much more from wimps and whiners like you, than hits/tackles like the one we are discussing, in my view.

CDAGRIZ said:

I actually agree with you on this 100%

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
There is nothing “fragile” about Wentz in regards to that hit....the human body is not built to absorb that.

He missed one snap all year. I’d hardly call that being 0-1 in the sense that he lost the game.

Like I said, I don’t think the fans really care how it keeps happening that he can’t finish seasons, just that it does. Sure, it sucks for him, but the front office might take a look at going another way. How many playoff wins does he have?

No, the front office is not going to look at moving on after giving him a huge contract and watching him break franchise passing records with the worst receivers in the NFL.

Suffering a head injury from a blatant targeting hit like that is not indicative of his ability to stay healthy or not. ANY QB would have been knocked out from that.

Idk, man. You can break all the records you want and it doesn’t mean much if you can’t finish the season 75% of the time. With their draft position, they could consider dealing him to the Chargers and starting over by drafting a more durable QB.

That hit was not indicative of durability issues. Any QB would have been knocked out from that.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

That hit was not indicative of durability issues. Any QB would have been knocked out from that.

These freak injuries seems to happen a lot to him. What about the other two seasons he couldn’t finish? Any QB would be knocked out by those unlucky accidents? The ankle in WAGriz? Seems to happen often. Some dudes are just injury prone. It doesn’t make them untalented or bad people. It’s part of sports, and I can guarantee you GMs consider it.

CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

These freak injuries seems to happen a lot to him. What about the other two seasons he couldn’t finish? Any QB would be knocked out by those unlucky accidents? The ankle in WAGriz? Seems to happen often. Some dudes are just injury prone. It doesn’t make them untalented or bad people. It’s part of sports, and I can guarantee you GMs consider it.

Serious question. Do you really think a single GM looked at that hit and thought , “man the guy isn’t durable”. Clowney runs a 4.5 40 and is a physical specimen. He ran full speed and spearheaded into the back of Wentz’s head. No QB on earth would walk up okay.

The head was not a “freak” injury. You’d have a tough time finding a QB who hasn’t had a concussion.

The knee was a freak injury, and the back was due to mechanics following the knee injury. If you actually watched him this year, you’d realize he played very well and looked like the MVP level Wentz down the stretch.

This game has nothing to do with durability and everything to do with a dirty hit.

PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:

I am wearing my football glasses involving having played defense for a top 20 D-I team.

Incidental helmet contact is not illegal. There were scores of helmet contacts, this weekend, bigger than the one involving Wentz, that were not penalties.

The replay shows that the defender dove to make a tackle of an advancing runner that was not down. The replay shows that the defender's shoulder hit the back of Wentz just before or just as the defender's helmet contacted the back of Wenz's helmet. The defender was twisting a bit and sort of on his side. The defender's momentum then took him over Wentz, not into him.

I saw the helmet contact. Again, I don't know the exact interpretation of the rule. Again, I agree, based on what I know and saw, with the refs' assessment. Incidental contact. Runner had not given himself up. Wentz was running forward and being tackled, and then falling and stretching forward. In may view, he didn't dive.

The refs obviously saw the play. Judged the runner not to be giving up himself under the rule. Obviously, saw the helmet contact. Judged it to be incidental.

Tacklers have to be allowed to tackle any runner, especially one going forward. The game is fast. The game is rough and tough.

The league is welcome to fine the defender to appease whiners like you. The game suffers much more from wimps and whiners like you, than hits/tackles like the one we are discussing, in my view.

“Lowering the head to initiate contact with the helmet is a foul”

The hit Clowney put on him was not only illegal but it was totally unnecessary.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Serious question. Do you really think a single GM looked at that hit and thought , “man the guy isn’t durable”. Clowney runs a 4.5 40 and is a physical specimen. He ran full speed and spearheaded into the back of Wentz’s head. No QB on earth would walk up okay.

The head was not a “freak” injury. You’d have a tough time finding a QB who hasn’t had a concussion.

The knee was a freak injury, and the back was due to mechanics following the knee injury. If you actually watched him this year, you’d realize he played very well and looked like the MVP level Wentz down the stretch.

This game has nothing to do with durability and everything to do with a dirty hit.

Not that hit in a vacuum, but his overall career. Do you know what that means? Google “Wentz injury prone”. You’re more in the minority in not thinking he is. That’s sports sometimes.

Anyway, 2011, you can think what you want, and I’ll think what I want. I’m done talking about a QB who has been hurt in all four years of his career and whose season is once again over. Carry on.

2011BisonAlumni said:
SoldierGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
“Wentz played the entire regular season for the first time since his rookie year, having suffered major injuries at the end of both the 2017 and 2018 seasons. Nick Foles led the Eagles to the Super Bowl title in February 2018. This was Wentz's first playoff game.”

I didn’t realize this makes three unfinished seasons. That sucks for the kid and organization.

Vicious and dirty hit. Those are career killer hits.

Clowney should have been ejected. Piece of shit should be out for the playoffs.

Meh. Solid football play.

Kindly go [*]f*** yourself if you think that was a solid football play.

Lowering your head and spearing it into the back of a helmet when a player is already down is not a solid football play.

Meh. Wentz is soft. Has yet to finish a season. Philly will eventually move beyond him. I'm sure his teammates respect the hell out of his grit....

No flag. Perhaps a fine on review. Fines occur every week in the league. Big deal.

Clowney is on to Aaron Rodgers. He has his checkbook open with pen in hand.

CDAGRIZ said:
Anyway, 2011, you can think what you want, and I’ll think what I want. I’m done talking about a QB who has been hurt in all four years of his career and whose season is once again over. Carry on.

Well that isn’t true though. He played every game as a rookie and every snap this year in the regular season.

The Eagles need to get healthy overall as a team and get Wentz help.

SoldierGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
SoldierGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Vicious and dirty hit. Those are career killer hits.

Clowney should have been ejected. Piece of shit should be out for the playoffs.

Lowering your head and spearing it into the back of a helmet when a player is already down is not a solid football play.

Meh. Wentz is soft. Has yet to finish a season. Philly will eventually move beyond him. I'm sure his teammates respect the hell out of his grit....

No flag. Perhaps a fine on review. Fines occur every week in the league. Big deal.

Wentz has been voted a team captain by his team mates 3 out of the 4 years he has been there
I would say that means alot more than you know.

braves84 said:
SoldierGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
SoldierGriz said:

Wentz has been voted a team captain by his team mates 3 out of the 4 years he has been there
I would say that means alot more than you know.

Sure thing because QBs in the league are never CPTs of their teams...

Unambiguous eye roll emoji.

Didn't want to start a new thread, so because people were talking about this game in here, HOLY HELL! Can you imagine? Happened in the 2Q, and he finished the game. Dude is a warrior.

[media]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1215687150014009344[/media]

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:

“Lowering the head to initiate contact with the helmet is a foul”

The hit Clowney put on him was not only illegal but it was totally unnecessary.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DuhSquirrelSus/status/1215820252115660801/photo/1

No fine on Clowney and not surprising... 2011bitchingandmoaning bison whiner needs to take off his green and yellow lense glasses and look at the play less subjectively(*cough Fu**ing bison fan) and more objectively. This hit wasn't even that bad compared to others. Unfortunate result at the end of the play for Wentz but that's the NFL and game of football for you.

No penalty. No fine. Just another football play on a soft former Bizon QB. One backup wins the Super Bowl MVP, and another toughs out a completely torn-off hamstring. I'm sure the Philly front office is super stoked that their investment can't finish a season.

Watch the clown dance. #WTCD

What you guys got against' Carson Wentz? Man, he is FCS material. I will always pull for the FCS guy to do well in the NFL! Get in the weight room Carson, Eagles need you!
NDSU will give Oregon all they can handle starting next season.

Back