• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NDSU opens at Oregon next season

Paytonlives said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
cmtgrizzly said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
Meh....NDSU will be more experienced and will have the best offensive player on the field in Trey Lance and the best defensive player on the field in Jabril Cox.

I don’t think the team will be in any sort of shock. The program is 9-3 against FBS opponents since moving up.

So you truly believe the best players on the field will be Bison? Even if you do believe that, maybe your right (I doubt it though), what have they objectively done to prove it. I like Lance and think he is going to be a star for sure but not ready to crown Pac12 elite yet. The Bison arrogance generally doesnt bother me much I think they have earned it but come on.

Yes. Oregon will not have an offensive player as good as Trey Lance on the field or a defensive player on the field as good as Jabril Cox. Heck, I don’t know if Oregon will even have a wide receiver as good as Christian Watson. I’ll also say that given their graduation losses, NDSU will have a better offensive line, especially considering they bring back 4/5 starters.

You are stoned

Do you really think Oregon will have a QB on their team next year as good as Trey Lance?

Please tell me the name of an Oregon defensive player as good as Jabril Cox? Jabril is widely projected as a 1-2 round draft pick in 2021...that is if he doesn’t leave early this year.

The offensive line is extremely good for NDSU. It is the best they have ever had, and that is saying something given Billy Turner and Joe Haeg played opposite side tackles. Dillon Radunz is not only by far the best offensive linemen in the FCS, but arguably one of the best tackles in college football . He has not allowed one sack all year.

And Christian Watson is establishing himself as arguably the most dangerous weapon in the FCS. He’s extremely extremely fast, great size and phenomenal hands. It would be fun to watch him play in an EWU type system.

2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
PlayerRep said:
Based on 18 passes per game, and 12 completions.

Sure, more talented than Wenz. Ha ha. A healthy Dalton Sneed would have started over him at NDSU.

Just when it seemed that 2011 couldn't say something dumber, he does.

You do understand that NDSU doesn’t throw the ball a ton, right?

You do understand that the primary way to evaluate almost all college qb's is based on how they throws, and how much passing yardage they accounts for, and how he operates under pressure. Not throwing picks is part of that. Your guy was good at that this year, but it's in large part because he was almost never under pressure due to your o-line and scheme. Your guy doesn't get tested; guys like Cookus are tested constantly and have to make many plays and tough plays for their teams to win and score.

If passing yards was how we evaluate QB’s, Jameis Winston would have been the MVP this year.

Trey averaged over 1 yard per attempt higher than Cookus, a 7% higher completion percentage, and a quarterback rating 30 points higher...those are way better metrics to gauge passing ability.

I’ll bet you $1,000 right now Trey Lance will be drafted higher than Case Cookus (assuming neither suffer a horrible injury).

QB's on teams that don't throw much almost always have high yards per throw/catch.

Cal Poly averaged 10.1 per pass, and 18.1 catch. NDSU 9.7 and 14.5.

Lance would not have started for NAU. That's my point.

How about the NDSU v. Oregon bet first? Give me your proposal for a $100 bet.

Also, I know you don't have $1,000.

Metrics are highly influence by the quality of the team, quality of the o-line, and number of passes. Lance's metrics playing at NAU would have been way lower.

2011BisonAlumni said:
Paytonlives said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
cmtgrizzly said:
So you truly believe the best players on the field will be Bison? Even if you do believe that, maybe your right (I doubt it though), what have they objectively done to prove it. I like Lance and think he is going to be a star for sure but not ready to crown Pac12 elite yet. The Bison arrogance generally doesnt bother me much I think they have earned it but come on.

Yes. Oregon will not have an offensive player as good as Trey Lance on the field or a defensive player on the field as good as Jabril Cox. Heck, I don’t know if Oregon will even have a wide receiver as good as Christian Watson. I’ll also say that given their graduation losses, NDSU will have a better offensive line, especially considering they bring back 4/5 starters.

You are stoned

Do you really think Oregon will have a QB on their team next year as good as Trey Lance?

Please tell me the name of an Oregon defensive player as good as Jabril Cox? Jabril is widely projected as a 1-2 round draft pick in 2021...that is if he doesn’t leave early this year.

The offensive line is extremely good for NDSU. It is the best they have ever had, and that is saying something given Billy Turner and Joe Haeg played opposite side tackles. Dillon Radunz is not only by far the best offensive linemen in the FCS, but arguably one of the best tackles in college football . He has not allowed one sack all year.

And Christian Watson is establishing himself as arguably the most dangerous weapon in the FCS. He’s extremely extremely fast, great size and phenomenal hands. It would be fun to watch him play in an EWU type system.

Has Jamie Newman made a decision?

Spanky2 said:
He has made the decision to transfer from Wake Forest.

Correct. And last I read, Oregon was the front runner to land him. If that happens, there is a 0.000% chance that the Buffs will have the best QB on the field against Oregon (as opposed to the 1.3% chance they currently have).

2011BisonAlumni said:
Paytonlives said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
cmtgrizzly said:

You are stoned

Don't know who Oregon's qb will be, but their backup this year had better metrics than Lance. 227 rating and 80% completion percentage.

I thought it was best offensive player on field. Now it's best qb?

NFLdraftscout has Cox as the 17th best outside backer. An outside backer is going to be a 1st/2d round draft pick?

"Granted, Cox will not be the only linebacker selected by the Raiders, but he should be considered on Day 3." From a mid-Dec 2019article: https://fullpresscoverage.com/2019/12/16/2020-raiders-draft-prospect-lb-jabril-cox/

Can you link all those "widely projected" sites/articles saying that he is a 1/2 pick?

Here's the view of my friend, a former college linebacker who lives in Fargo and has been fairly close to the program the last few years. I asked him about Lance and Cox, and NDSU's chances. He thinks NDSU could give Oregon a game and looks forward to seeing how NDSU will do.

"They are both legit players. I think Cox will get drafted. Lance too early to say but if he keeps playing like he has been, he has a shot. That being said I think it’s a stretch to say they will be the best players on the field with Oregon. Able to go play for play with most those Oregon boys without a doubt but likely not the best on the field. Cox also didn’t have overly impressive numbers, but he is built to be an NFL backer."

Htowngriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:
Lance would never have thrown that lateral to no one, like Wentz just did.

Watching on my phone. Did Wentz just go to the injury tent?

Yep. And now a plucky nobody is in to save the day.

McCown getting super bowl mvp in a win for philly would be something to see.

GoldStandardGriz said:
Um, Kayvon Thibodeaux anyone? Jabril Cox wouldn't be able to hold his jock strap.

Cox must be unbelievable if he's better than this guy. Good call, 2011. argh, this appears to be bad news for you.

"Back in town for Oregon’s Rose Bowl meeting with Wisconsin on Wednesday, Thibodeaux — who was named the Pac-12 defensive freshman of the year after recording 35 tackles, 14 for loss and nine sacks for the conference-title-winning Ducks."

6'5", 242.

"Consensus five-star prospect and No. 1 rated recruit from California by ESPN, Rivals and 247Sports … Finished as the No. 2 ranked player nationally in the 247Sports composite rating … Ranked the No. 6 prospect in the class and 247Sports … Finalist for the ALL-USA Defensive Player of the Year and the Bobby Dodd National Lineman of the Year … Played in the 2019 Under Armour All-American Game and was named a co-captain for Team Sanders … Also invited to the inaugural Pro Football Hall of Fame World Bowl … Named to the PrepStar Top 150 Dream Team … Recorded 54 career sacks over four years … Had a sack in 16 of 27 games as a junior and senior at Oaks Christian High School … Coached by Charles Collins … Earned MaxPreps first-team All-America honors … Named the Defensive Player of the Year in the state of California by USA Today, while also being named first-team All-California by the paper … Named Marmonte League Co-Player of the Year as a senior, All-CIF Southern Section Division 1, first-team Daily News all-area and a member of the Los Angeles Times All-Star Team … Had 18 sacks and five forced fumbles along with 54 tackles … Turned in six multi-sack performances, including three games with three sacks … Named the Los Angeles Daily News’ Player of the Year as a junior … The Ventura County Star’s Defensive Player of the Year … CIF Southern Section Division 2 co-Defensive Player of the Year … The Marmonte League co-MVP … Finished with 20 sacks, 28 tackles for loss, and 99 tackles … Had at least four tackles in every game and had at least three sacks six times … Helped lead Oaks Christian to a CIF Southern Section Division 2 title, finishing with four sacks and six tackles in the title game against Valencia … Had nine catches for 134 yards and three touchdowns as a tight end … Attended Dorsey High School as a freshman and sophomore … Named the CIF Los Angeles City Section Division I Defensive Lineman of the Year as a sophomore … Recorded 17 sacks and 27 tackles for loss … Had four multi-sack games, recording three or more in three games … Chose Oregon over Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Florida State, Fresno State, Illinois, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon State, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, USC, Utah, Utah State, Virginia Tech, Washington, Washington State and others." Oregon team roster/bio.

argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:

i think they call it the 'wince wagon' these days?

“Wentz played the entire regular season for the first time since his rookie year, having suffered major injuries at the end of both the 2017 and 2018 seasons. Nick Foles led the Eagles to the Super Bowl title in February 2018. This was Wentz's first playoff game.”

I didn’t realize this makes three unfinished seasons. That sucks for the kid and organization.

CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:
PlayerRep said:

“Wentz played the entire regular season for the first time since his rookie year, having suffered major injuries at the end of both the 2017 and 2018 seasons. Nick Foles led the Eagles to the Super Bowl title in February 2018. This was Wentz's first playoff game.”

I didn’t realize this makes three unfinished seasons. That sucks for the kid and organization.

Vicious and dirty hit. Those are career killer hits.

Clowney should have been ejected. Piece of shit should be out for the playoffs.

2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Meh. Solid football play.

SoldierGriz said:
2011BisonAlumni said:
CDAGRIZ said:
argh! said:

Meh. Solid football play.

Kindly go fuck yourself if you think that was a solid football play.

Lowering your head and spearing it into the back of a helmet when a player is already down is not a solid football play.

Back