• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Maine at EWU (Noon, ESPN2)

IdaGriz01

Semi-final game showing on ESPN2 (DirecTV 209) at 12:00 MDT. (Sorry ... I didn't post the time for the SDSU-NDSU game because it was on a normal ESPN channel.)

FWIW: The "Celebration Bowl," featuring two HBCU teams – North Carolina A&T vs Alcorn State – is on at 10:00 am. It should/could be on whatever is your local ABC affiliate. And be grateful. Without this "black" bowl, NC A&T might have taken up another playoff bid. (To my recollection, the MEAC has never won an FCS playoff game ... even back when they got an automatic bid.)

With the early kickoff, I'm expecting more eagle fans to be in attendance today.

giphy.gif

pussycatkillerz said:
Not even gonna be close.
EWU by 21
It could be argued either way, based on some interesting stats.

Maine is #19 in Scoring Defense for FCS, giving up just 21.3 ppg. Of course, that was in the CAA (mostly), not known for a lot of high-powered offenses.

They are #9 in Total Defense ... but that was because they absolutely stuff the run. They are #1 in Rushing Defense, giving up just 68.7 ypg. They are not so hot against the pass, however, being ranked #79 in giving up 225 ypg thru the air.

Now this EWU team can run the ball (ranked #10), but they can score points without that ... being #22 in Passing Offense. If Maine hopes to "make EWU one-dimensional" by stuffing the run, they could be in for a big shock.

Patchin and Lukens @700espn
1m
Jay-Tee Tiuli will not play today. Huge loss. (Currently don't know why.)

Almost a pick-six for EWU. I like the fact that the Eags didn't give Maine a chance to make even one first-and-goal stop on a run, but suckered them with the misdirection pass. EWU, 7-0.

Wow, nice TD catch for EWU. 14-0 EWU with 5:58 left in the first.

Sounds like they might actually have a (mini) crowd at the game cuz I heard a cheer after the TD was confirmed

Eric_Shun said:

Sounds like they might actually have a (mini) crowd at the game cuz I heard a cheer after the TD was confirmed

They have one point for every 10 fans in attendance. What a joke.

CDAGRIZ said:
Eric_Shun said:

They have one point for every 10 fans in attendance. What a joke.

Maybe there should be a camera dedicated to nothing but shots of the stands for the bean counters. :sleep: This is the Big Sky... other than UM and maybe MSU what do you expect ?

CDAGRIZ said:
Did EWU fans forget there was a game today? Ross Field looks about half full.

Two words: Mark O'Connell

https://www.visitspokane.com/event/mark-oconnor-%26-friends/20424/

Back