• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Maine at EWU (Noon, ESPN2)

IdaGriz01 said:
pussycatkillerz said:
Not even gonna be close.
EWU by 21
It could be argued either way, based on some interesting stats.

Maine is #19 in Scoring Defense for FCS, giving up just 21.3 ppg. Of course, that was in the CAA (mostly), not known for a lot of high-powered offenses.

They are #9 in Total Defense ... but that was because they absolutely stuff the run. They are #1 in Rushing Defense, giving up just 68.7 ypg. They are not so hot against the pass, however, being ranked #79 in giving up 225 ypg thru the air.

Now this EWU team can run the ball (ranked #10), but they can score points without that ... being #22 in Passing Offense. If Maine hopes to "make EWU one-dimensional" by stuffing the run, they could be in for a big shock.

Maine is just a poser. This one's gonna get ugly

AZGrizFan said:
5 5th year seniors on the O-line? Boy are then in for a transition next year...

Maybe, but even more interesting is there are 2 walk-ons and a converted defensive lineman.

Ursa Major said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Did EWU fans forget there was a game today? Ross Field looks about half full.

Two words: Mark O'Connell

https://www.visitspokane.com/event/mark-oconnor-%26-friends/20424/

:lol: Good point. Mark always fucks up the local sports attendance when he's in town.

Silvertip said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Eric_Shun said:
Wow, nice TD catch for EWU. 14-0 EWU with 5:58 left in the first.

Sounds like they might actually have a (mini) crowd at the game cuz I heard a cheer after the TD was confirmed

They have one point for every 10 fans in attendance. What a joke.

Maybe there should be a camera dedicated to nothing but shots of the stands for the bean counters. :sleep: This is the Big Sky... other than UM and maybe MSU what do you expect ?

Beat it, nerd.

CDAGRIZ said:
Silvertip said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Eric_Shun said:
Wow, nice TD catch for EWU. 14-0 EWU with 5:58 left in the first.

Sounds like they might actually have a (mini) crowd at the game cuz I heard a cheer after the TD was confirmed

Maybe there should be a camera dedicated to nothing but shots of the stands for the bean counters. :sleep: This is the Big Sky... other than UM and maybe MSU what do you expect ?

Beat it, nerd.

Beating the verbally challenged is hardly a challenge...

Silvertip said:
CDAGRIZ said:
Silvertip said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Beat it, nerd.

Beating the verbally challenged is hardly a challenge...

I'm just joking with you, 'Tip.

I didn't get a chance to watch the Weber-Maine game. From watching this, Weber must have really dropped the ball to lose to Maine

Eric_Shun said:
I didn't get a chance to watch the Weber-Maine game. From watching this, Weber must have really dropped the ball to lose to Maine

Think it has more to do with EWU being more balanced offensively. Maine played lights out run defense against Weber and they could not generate enough in the passing game.

CDAGRIZ said:
Eastern could win this if Maine isn't careful.
Could happen :lol:

And this is a team that went 7-1 in the CAA, beat FBS Western Kentucky, and lost by only 12 to FBS Central Michigan. In the CAA, they had a road "trap" game loss at William & Mary, but beat everybody else by an everage of about 9 points.

grizindabox said:
Eric_Shun said:

Think it has more to do with EWU being more balanced offensively. Maine played lights out run defense against Weber and they could not generate enough in the passing game.

TY :thumb:

Eric_Shun said:
Kinda. The Weber QB threw 4 picks (I think he got dinged up early in the game, but I'm not sure on that).

Oooo! They are going to talk to Bill Ross, the one responsible for the red turf, after the break!

Back