• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Season Tickets

Good idea if you think that an additional 2500 or 5000 would attend the games every week, no so much if those seats go empty every time a 1-8 N.Colorado squad rolls in...
Well thanks to the cons unbalanced schedule, that’ll only happen about every 6-7 years. The other 35-40 games in between there(not counting playoffs) will be sellouts.

Well thanks to the cons unbalanced schedule, that’ll only happen about every 6-7 years. The other 35-40 games in between there(not counting playoffs) will be sellouts.
Using them as an example, statement stands for most of the non-conference schedule... unless there is considerable optimism that those seats can be filled at least most of the time I would think having a full stadium and greater demand for tickets would outweigh an expansion. I'd rather see some money put into much needed renovations...Just a thought...

Is there an optimal percentage of season tickets vs 3-game tickets vs single game tickets? Particularly for Griz-Cat last year, the prices UM charged for single game tickets were appalling.

Using them as an example, statement stands for most of the non-conference schedule... unless there is considerable optimism that those seats can be filled at least most of the time I would think having a full stadium and greater demand for tickets would outweigh an expansion. I'd rather see some money put into much needed renovations...Just a thought...
Who says renovations can’t be done with an expansion. Did we not sell out every game last year? Obviously there is also a demand for an expansion. If your only reason for no expansion is you’re afraid to see a few extra empty seats, that’s already an issue with all the season ticket holders that don’t attend every single game. Don’t more tickets bring in more revenue? Especially in a time where we’re talking about operating with a smaller budget cus of possibly having to pay players?

Is there an optimal percentage of season tickets vs 3-game tickets vs single game tickets? Particularly for Griz-Cat last year, the prices UM charged for single game tickets were appalling.
Griz/cat tickets are always gonna be the highest priced tickets of the season. Supply and demand. Some season tickets are bought just to guarantee a seat to that game. What was the price being charged for that game by UM last year and where were those seats located?

Griz/cat tickets are always gonna be the highest priced tickets of the season. Supply and demand. Some season tickets are bought just to guarantee a seat to that game. What was the price being charged for that game by UM last year and where were those seats located?
The university, not resale sites, priced tickets anywhere from $250-$1000. They said some $99 were available but not once I logged on. https://kgrzmissoula.com/griz-cat-tix-expensive/

Who says renovations can’t be done with an expansion. Did we not sell out every game last year? Obviously there is also a demand for an expansion. If your only reason for no expansion is you’re afraid to see a few extra empty seats, that’s already an issue with all the season ticket holders that don’t attend every single game. Don’t more tickets bring in more revenue? Especially in a time where we’re talking about operating with a smaller budget cus of possibly having to pay players?
I'm sure renovations are a whole other discussion with lots of opinions on what should or shouldn't be done.

My point was that an expansion should be looked at very carefully. It's just an opinion of mine there really isn't a demand for expansion, while I agree that there are several times during a winning season this my be the case (Griz/Cat game-always, playoff games, high profile game etc.) but that demand is currently very sporadic. In regards to your question about empty seats, yes I'm afraid of that scenario, the look and feel of the crowd are somehow altered in a very unforgiving way. Regardless of how this happens (season ticket holder attendance) its still a bad look, the additional revenue is great if there is consensus that these seats will be utilized at least the majority of the time.

As far addressing the left over seats from season ticket holders this could easily be addressed with a much more robust ticket exchange allowing for holders of those tickets to get rid of their tickets in advance right up to game time. Not referring to a stub Hub like site for the sale of seats but a University site that allows for ticket holders to both sell and give away their excess tickets. There are times when I would have been happy to give away tickets or at least sell them at deeply discounted prices...this also seems like an added benefit, having gone to digital ticketing which would allow the ticket holder and recipient to send and receive remotely without every having to get together and swap tickets or cash.

Let the University take a buck or two, get more people inside, buy an occasional concession...

Just my two cents....

I'm sure renovations are a whole other discussion with lots of opinions on what should or shouldn't be done.

My point was that an expansion should be looked at very carefully. It's just an opinion of mine there really isn't a demand for expansion, while I agree that there are several times during a winning season this my be the case (Griz/Cat game-always, playoff games, high profile game etc.) but that demand is currently very sporadic. In regards to your question about empty seats, yes I'm afraid of that scenario, the look and feel of the crowd are somehow altered in a very unforgiving way. Regardless of how this happens (season ticket holder attendance) its still a bad look, the additional revenue is great if there is consensus that these seats will be utilized at least the majority of the time.

As far addressing the left over seats from season ticket holders this could easily be addressed with a much more robust ticket exchange allowing for holders of those tickets to get rid of their tickets in advance right up to game time. Not referring to a stub Hub like site for the sale of seats but a University site that allows for ticket holders to both sell and give away their excess tickets. There are times when I would have been happy to give away tickets or at least sell them at deeply discounted prices...this also seems like an added benefit, having gone to digital ticketing which would allow the ticket holder and recipient to send and receive remotely without every having to get together and swap tickets or cash.

Let the University take a buck or two, get more people inside, buy an occasional concession...

Just my two cents....
Very good points and ideas. I know the Press Box, bathrooms, and better entrances are high on a lot of people’s list. I don’t see it to be too unreasonable to expect that all those things plus a 2-3000 seat expansion are possible in the next 5 year foreseeable future.

Very good points and ideas. I know the Press Box, bathrooms, and better entrances are high on a lot of people’s list. I don’t see it to be too unreasonable to expect that all those things plus a 2-3000 seat expansion are possible in the next 5 year foreseeable future.
I think it was last year that Haslam was asked in an interview of stadium expansion. He said if they were to do another round of expansion, they would build more suites/premium seating similar to what they have on the upper east side over on the west side, and then build a new press box on top of it. He said suites and premium seating are in great demand to the point that there’s wait lists and they have to turn away people. That likely gets you 2-3,000 new seats which would be close to 30,000 seats, and then that way you’re not overdoing it and not risking lots of empty seats.

Back