• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Maine at EWU (Noon, ESPN2)

Mich Griz said:
Did EWU fans forget there was a game today? Ross Field looks about half full.

It looks half full because they only have half of a stadium

That's not true. I've been there. They have some bleachers on a hillside. It's Ross Field, not Ross Stadium.

grizindabox said:
Eric_Shun said:
I didn't get a chance to watch the Weber-Maine game. From watching this, Weber must have really dropped the ball to lose to Maine
Think it has more to do with EWU being more balanced offensively. Maine played lights out run defense against Weber and they could not generate enough in the passing game.
Agreed.

How about "Pass setting up the run." As of now, EWU has about more rushing yards than Maine averages giving up in an entire game. Looking grim for the B-Bears.

Oh, while I was typing this, EWU scored again (pass play).

Maine is smart to punt this away. Down 28 with two quarters left. No reason to panic. Let the game come to you.

grizindabox said:
AZGrizFan said:
This is the CAA’s best?

Bummer that there best has only made the FCS semifinals.

Just wasn’t expecting them to get rolled like this. Especially after they beat Weber, who beat EWU earlier this season.

IdaGriz01 said:
grizindabox said:
Eric_Shun said:
I didn't get a chance to watch the Weber-Maine game. From watching this, Weber must have really dropped the ball to lose to Maine
Think it has more to do with EWU being more balanced offensively. Maine played lights out run defense against Weber and they could not generate enough in the passing game.
Agreed.

How about "Pass setting up the run." As of now, EWU has about more rushing yards than Maine averages giving up in an entire game. Looking grim for the B-Bears.

Oh, while I was typing this, EWU scored again (pass play).
Weber’s QB looked turrible against Maine.

That's what you get for being greedy, EWU. I can sense the momentum shift from all these miles away.

Smart move to kneel on it right there. No need to try to punch one in down 28 in the playoffs.

CDAGRIZ said:
Smart move to kneel on it right there. No need to try to punch one in down 28 in the playoffs.

The Maine coaches are at this point contemplating if they should or shouldn’t start to worry about this game. I’m confident that by the middle to the end of the third quarter, they will start to consider if they should worry about the score.

Thought the safety would juice Maine up, but what looked like a good drive fizzled out for just a FG. Not good for the Bears ... they need touchdowns.

Very enjoyable to watch a RB who doesn’t just run up the backs of his O-linemen, but instead keeps his head up and looks for the actual hole to attack.

The eaglets will have to score early and often on the prairie cows to win in the 4th. As much as I hate to root for a conference opponent, I hope they can do it and take the trophy away from NDSU.

Back