• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

gregorak leaving bobcats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bgbigdog said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
The.Real.2506 said:
Choate laid it out pretty well in his interview. Defense improved significantly the first year, but is was pretty bad before and that wasn't hard to do. very little improvement in the 2nd and 3rd years. That's not going to cut it to compete at the level he wants, so he made a change on D. I agree with all that reasoning.

Kane was ready after spending 2 years learning UW defense. He had an offer for DC from another BSC team. The decision had to be made, I think that is the right one too, time will tell.
You’re talking about that sly interview after the fact that really just made things even murkier? Yeah right! Randomly pick one stat and send him packing.
Not buying that catshit. I think the chicken-parm rumor is closer to the truth.
But you go ahead and believe they fired a (twice) proven BSC DC for someone who has never been a coordinator, and did so in 24 hours because some other team might scoop up their alum legacy. :lol:

Nothing sly about the interview. Also, he didn't base it on one stat. Choate said the defense had leveled off the past two seasons and in addition, the Cats were 11th in the BSC in third down stops this past seaon. He said that was not good enough if you want to be a top level defense. That makes sense. Kane was a DC under Ash, so he did have some experience. And, I believe most coaches have a list of possible replacements in the event an assistant leaves. And yes, Kane had an offer from another BSC school.

So 3peat isn’t taking any responsibility for what was clearly his defense? That wasn’t anything like what Gregorak put on the field @ UM. He was running 3peats scheme - UW’s. & you can pretend the narrative is like the OC change, but Gregorak would likely still be in place were it not for the off-field issues. 3peat just lucked out with Ioane being available. Now he gets the positive press with bringing back the prodigal son & dodges the crap with Gregorak. Next change to the coaching staff in the Gallatin? Probably the assistant that polishes his $500 shoes, because their won’t be anyone left to blame but himself from here on out.

Usually your defense is based on your personnel. Where do you get your inside info that this was Choates defense? Also, where do you get your info on off field issues with TY? It appears you are making a lot of assumptions. If Choate didn't think the defensive performance was good enough to take the team to the next level then that's his perogative to make a change. No different than any head coach. He has to live with the results.

bigsky33 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
You’re talking about that sly interview after the fact that really just made things even murkier? Yeah right! Randomly pick one stat and send him packing.
But you go ahead and believe they fired a (twice) proven BSC DC for someone who has never been a coordinator, and did so in 24 hours because some other team might scoop up their alum legacy. :lol:

Nothing sly about the interview. Also, he didn't base it on one stat. Choate said the defense had leveled off the past two seasons and in addition, the Cats were 11th in the BSC in third down stops this past seaon. He said that was not good enough if you want to be a top level defense. That makes sense. Kane was a DC under Ash, so he did have some experience. And, I believe most coaches have a list of possible replacements in the event an assistant leaves. And yes, Kane had an offer from another BSC school.

So, you think Choach basically said Tyler was fired for poor performance. But you said you think there was an incident, right? Just trying to get the stories straight.

I really do not know the exact reason why he was let go. I am just going by what was said in his presser. Choate indicated that the defense level off over the past two seasons and he was not happy with being 11th in the BSC in third down stops. I don't think many coaches would be happy with that either.

Now, you don't know why he was let go. So, earlier, when you said you agreed there was an incident/something happened, do you stand by that comment? If so, why did Choach say it was for poor performance? If not, what changed your mind?

bigsky33 said:
I really do not know the exact reason why he was let go. I am just going by what was said in his presser.

I totally get that. The presser is where you always get the straight scoop.

AllWeatherFan said:
bigsky33 said:
I really do not know the exact reason why he was let go. I am just going by what was said in his presser.

I think it's almost mind pretzel time for BS33.

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
The.Real.2506 said:
Choate laid it out pretty well in his interview. Defense improved significantly the first year, but is was pretty bad before and that wasn't hard to do. very little improvement in the 2nd and 3rd years. That's not going to cut it to compete at the level he wants, so he made a change on D. I agree with all that reasoning.

Kane was ready after spending 2 years learning UW defense. He had an offer for DC from another BSC team. The decision had to be made, I think that is the right one too, time will tell.

Wait a minute, you just said you “believe something happened.” Then, two posts later, you’re claiming it was all part of the plan. Which is it?

Which BSC school offered him? Got a link?

I can’t wait to see the explanation when Cain’s D “levels off” and T.Y.’s “flatline” ( :clap: ) was actually well above his younger brethren’s. Mr. Chode will not appreciate Cain’s sacafices as much as his older brethren, and will punish him to a life of wandering the coaching ranks.

Yes, I do believe something happend. It was either a personal thing or a performance issue or a combination of both. Nobody really knows. I am just going by what was said in the presser. As far as what BSC school made the offer to Kane I really do not know. I only know that Choate mentioned it and what was reported in the press.

Choate will have to live with the decision to hire Kane. There are no guarantees in the coaching business.

uofmman1122 said:
Holy shit, I love this so much.

So now...all the cat fans that were on here just weeks ago GUSHING about Ty’s defense, and how it was easily one of the best in the Big Sky, are now all saying that ACTUALLY it wasn’t that great now that Ty’s been let go.

f***[*].

Poetry.

MSU did have one of the best defenses in the Big Sky, but that's not good enough for Choate. He understands in order to be elite and become a national championship caliber team you need to have an excellent defense, not just a very good one.

AllWeatherFan said:
bigsky33 said:

I am just going by what was said. I don't know if it is true or not. I will assume it is true until I see facts that what he said was not.

poorgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

So now...all the cat fans that were on here just weeks ago GUSHING about Ty’s defense, and how it was easily one of the best in the Big Sky, are now all saying that ACTUALLY it wasn’t that great now that Ty’s been let go.

f***[*].

Poetry.

MSU did have one of the best defenses in the Big Sky, but that's not good enough for Choate. He understands in order to be elite and become a national championship caliber team you need to have an excellent defense, not just a very good one.

So, you agree that he fired Tyler for Tyler's job performance, right?

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:

Wait a minute, you just said you “believe something happened.” Then, two posts later, you’re claiming it was all part of the plan. Which is it?

I can’t wait to see the explanation when Cain’s D “levels off” and T.Y.’s “flatline” ( :clap: ) was actually well above his younger brethren’s. Mr. Chode will not appreciate Cain’s sacafices as much as his older brethren, and will punish him to a life of wandering the coaching ranks.

Yes, I do believe something happend. It was either a personal thing or a performance issue or a combination of both.

Is that what you're officially going with? Too good!

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:

Yes, I do believe something happend. It was either a personal thing or a performance issue or a combination of both.

Is that what you're officially going with? Too good!

Give him a few posts. I don’t think we’re done yet.

poorgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

f***[*].

Poetry.

So then he decides to bring back a guy from the previous defensive staff as his DC, which was inarguably one of the worst in all of FCS, who has never been a coordinator at the FCS level.

Fucking galaxy brain logic here.

uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

f***[*].

Poetry.

So then he decides to bring back a guy from the previous defensive staff as his DC, which was inarguably one of the worst in all of FCS, who has never been a coordinator at the FCS level.

Fucking galaxy brain logic here.

I guess you don't realize how Choach was playing the long game all along by jettisoning Ioaene to UW so he could "get some experience" as a defensive analyst whilst bringing in Gregorak to turn around the defense with the endgame to bring Ioaene back when Gregorak performed by turning the defense around, but didn't really turn the defense around to Choach's liking?

CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

f***[*].

Poetry.

f***[*] galaxy brain logic here.

I guess you don't realize how Choach was playing the long game all along by jettisoning Ioaene to UW so he could "get some experience" as a defensive analyst whilst bringing in Gregorak to turn around the defense with the endgame to bring Ioaene back when Gregorak performed by turning the defense around, but didn't really turn the defense around to Choach's liking?
5D Chess.

uofmman1122 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:

5D Chess.

Many might think one who obviously can only pound the board and scream, "I Want Beat Sky!" may not be capable of such high-level thinking. I guess some Bobcat fans believe otherwise. I've been told through a straight face that this (forcing a DC out around the new year where the DC has no job prospects, and then acting like it was voluntary, and then saying that it was for poor performance, and then hiring back a guy who was previously forced out within 24 hours) was all a part of the plan.

It was Ty who landed Troy Andersen. He should have been named associate head coach with a multi year year contract just for that coup alone. Then its Ty who realizes what an phenomenal athlete they have in Troy and tells choate they are wasting him at LB and low and behold he plays RB and some LB last year and we all know what happened with him this year. Choate and every coach on the offensive side of the ball totally whiffed on evaluating him while at the same time failing to ever recruit a decent quarterback. So Ty doesn’t get the benefit of his recruit to star in his defense and his unit still improves. Smh. And now Ty is asked to leave after saving choate’s ass by recruiting and properly evaluating Andersen. Wow just wow. You better hope Andersen doesn’t leav with him.....

uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

f***[*].

Poetry.

We will see next season if it was galaxy brain logic or not. I will go with the opinion of the UW def coaches that said he will do a great job.

poorgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

f***[*].

Poetry.

So why didn’t they play their best LB who was recruited by Ty to play LB the last two years?Then they would have probably had an elite defense but they were forced to use their best LB at qb instead. Why, because their offense sucked so bad and Choate obviously can’t recruit qbs or even evaluate talent like Ty obvioulsy can. What a joke of a comment.

:lol: :lol:
Dutch Lane said:
It was Ty who landed Troy Andersen. He should have been named associate head coach with a multi year year contract just for that coup alone. Then its Ty who realizes what an phenomenal athlete they have in Troy and tells choate they are wasting him at LB and low and behold he plays RB and some LB last year and we all know what happened with him this year. Choate and every coach on the offensive side of the ball totally whiffed on evaluating him while at the same time failing to ever recruit a decent quarterback. So Ty doesn’t get the benefit of his recruit to star in his defense and his unit still improves. Smh. And now Ty is asked to leave after saving choate’s ass by recruiting and properly evaluating Andersen. Wow just wow. You better hope Andersen doesn’t leav with him.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: Where do you come up with this stupid stuff?

Dutch Lane said:
Point out where I am wrong. :thumb:

It was not just Ty that recruited Troy. The coaching staff were all aware of his talents. He was recruited as a LB. The QBs issue was a result of a perfect storm. Prukrop transferred. Jordan Hoy left team and went JC. They brought in Bruggerman a transfer who was highly regarded. He looked great in practice but was terrible in games. They throw in 17 yo true frost Murray. He can’t pass but could run. He is off team because of academics. They recruit Rovig and he gets hurt in Spring. Choate recruits two excellent freshman, Bauman and Beltran. They were not ready. They needed experience and the Troy played QB in HS. He gave best chance to win. Yes, LB is his strongest position. Next year he will be back at LB and play some RB. Rovig, Bauman and Beltran will battle for qb. The Coaches made a good move with Troy last year. Look at what he accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back