• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

gregorak leaving bobcats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bgbigdog said:
CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
Wait a minute, you just said you “believe something happened.” Then, two posts later, you’re claiming it was all part of the plan. Which is it?

Which BSC school offered him? Got a link?

I can’t wait to see the explanation when Cain’s D “levels off” and T.Y.’s “flatline” ( :clap: ) was actually well above his younger brethren’s. Mr. Chode will not appreciate Cain’s sacafices as much as his older brethren, and will punish him to a life of wandering the coaching ranks.

Yes, I do believe something happend. It was either a personal thing or a performance issue or a combination of both.

Is that what you're officially going with? Too good!

Give him a few posts. I don’t think we’re done yet.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
uofmman1122 said:
So then he decides to bring back a guy from the previous defensive staff as his DC, which was inarguably one of the worst in all of FCS, who has never been a coordinator at the FCS level.

f***[*] galaxy brain logic here.

I guess you don't realize how Choach was playing the long game all along by jettisoning Ioaene to UW so he could "get some experience" as a defensive analyst whilst bringing in Gregorak to turn around the defense with the endgame to bring Ioaene back when Gregorak performed by turning the defense around, but didn't really turn the defense around to Choach's liking?
5D Chess.

Many might think one who obviously can only pound the board and scream, "I Want Beat Sky!" may not be capable of such high-level thinking. I guess some Bobcat fans believe otherwise. I've been told through a straight face that this (forcing a DC out around the new year where the DC has no job prospects, and then acting like it was voluntary, and then saying that it was for poor performance, and then hiring back a guy who was previously forced out within 24 hours) was all a part of the plan.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Few outsiders have ever been able to understand cat logic let alone articulate it so well. Beautiful work, men!

Choate could literally screw BS33’s wife, boyfriend, and sister and get caught red handed by BS33 himself, and when Choate tells BS33 he imagined it, BS33 would agree and defend his Choate to the grave. Holy shit!

As for Ty running Choate’s UW scheme, that’s been discussed plenty by Colter and others very knowledgeable on the subject. Ty was always running Chotes scheme. Looked nothing like his Griz defense or prior schemes. So if Ty was let go on performance, Choate may want to look in the mirror. There’s been a lot of coaching turnover there already. I think someone has a Napoleon complex for sure.

As for Ty, his being dismissed wasn’t based on performance. And it was very obvious it caught him completely off guard.

bigsky33 said:
Dutch Lane said:
Point out where I am wrong. :thumb:

Choate recruits two excellent freshman, Bauman and Beltran. They were not ready. They needed experience and the Troy played QB in HS.

That's what I've been hearing. While Bauman and Beltran were and are excellent, neither one was ready to launch and skip. Bauman, a former OT in HS couldn't get the reads right. Beltran, a third baseman and club table tennis player in HS, struggled with the change in ball. Two excellent college QBs, but they just weren't ready, having never played QB in HS like the Troy and all. Excellent, though.

Choate hasn’t been a fan of Gregorak since his arrival. Bad ass Choate Kitty’s gave up 370 points (most in the conference). He knows they won’t be as strong next year, panic, change staff, and blame season on the coaching changes. “We need to turn this around.” Choate’s battle cry after taking over for a guy with a 670 winning percentage. He’s a great BSer

exsaint said:
Choate hasn’t been a fan of Gregorak since his arrival. Bad ass Choate Kitty’s gave up 370 points (most in the conference). He knows they won’t be as strong next year, panic, change staff, and blame season on the coaching changes. “We need to turn this around.” Choate’s battle cry after taking over for a guy with a 670 winning percentage. He’s a great BSer
370 points was actually 5th most given up, and the 3rd fewest/game...in conference games only, they also gave up the 3rd fewest points/game.

grizband said:
exsaint said:
370 points was actually 5th most given up, and the 3rd fewest/game...in conference games only, they also gave up the 3rd fewest points/game.

You’re correct ol buddy. My bad on looking at that statistic of points allowed.

grizband said:
exsaint said:

Even better. Better get rid of him in favor of a guy who got absolutely taint-torched last time he was in Bozeman. He's learned so much about being a DC by working as a video analyst for 24 months.

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
Holy shit, I love this so much.

So now...all the cat fans that were on here just weeks ago GUSHING about Ty’s defense, and how it was easily one of the best in the Big Sky, are now all saying that ACTUALLY it wasn’t that great now that Ty’s been let go.

f***[*].

Poetry.

MSU did have one of the best defenses in the Big Sky, but that's not good enough for Choate. He understands in order to be elite and become a national championship caliber team you need to have an excellent defense, not just a very good one.

So, you agree that he fired Tyler for Tyler's job performance, right?

Not exactly. He was going to get one more year and if the 2019 defense wasn't significantly better than 2018 he was getting let go. The incident that happened (that could have potentially damaged MSU) escalated that timeline.

poorgriz said:
Not exactly. He was going to get one more year and if the 2019 defense wasn't significantly better than 2018 he was getting let go. The incident that happened (that could have potentially damaged MSU) escalated that timeline.

What was the 'incident'?

tourist said:
poorgriz said:

What was the 'incident'?

Slow TO signal!

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
Holy shit, I love this so much.

So now...all the cat fans that were on here just weeks ago GUSHING about Ty’s defense, and how it was easily one of the best in the Big Sky, are now all saying that ACTUALLY it wasn’t that great now that Ty’s been let go.

f***[*].

Poetry.

MSU did have one of the best defenses in the Big Sky, but that's not good enough for Choate. He understands in order to be elite and become a national championship caliber team you need to have an excellent defense, not just a very good one.

It’s funny how these guys second guess and criticize a head coach that beat them three yrs in a row and took his team to the second round of the playoffs while their team and fans were sitting at home. :lol: :lol:

bgbigdog said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
The.Real.2506 said:
Choate laid it out pretty well in his interview. Defense improved significantly the first year, but is was pretty bad before and that wasn't hard to do. very little improvement in the 2nd and 3rd years. That's not going to cut it to compete at the level he wants, so he made a change on D. I agree with all that reasoning.

Kane was ready after spending 2 years learning UW defense. He had an offer for DC from another BSC team. The decision had to be made, I think that is the right one too, time will tell.
You’re talking about that sly interview after the fact that really just made things even murkier? Yeah right! Randomly pick one stat and send him packing.
Not buying that catshit. I think the chicken-parm rumor is closer to the truth.
But you go ahead and believe they fired a (twice) proven BSC DC for someone who has never been a coordinator, and did so in 24 hours because some other team might scoop up their alum legacy. :lol:

Nothing sly about the interview. Also, he didn't base it on one stat. Choate said the defense had leveled off the past two seasons and in addition, the Cats were 11th in the BSC in third down stops this past seaon. He said that was not good enough if you want to be a top level defense. That makes sense. Kane was a DC under Ash, so he did have some experience. And, I believe most coaches have a list of possible replacements in the event an assistant leaves. And yes, Kane had an offer from another BSC school.

So 3peat isn’t taking any responsibility for what was clearly his defense? That wasn’t anything like what Gregorak put on the field @ UM. He was running 3peats scheme - UW’s. & you can pretend the narrative is like the OC change, but Gregorak would likely still be in place were it not for the off-field issues. 3peat just lucked out with Ioane being available. Now he gets the positive press with bringing back the prodigal son & dodges the crap with Gregorak. Next change to the coaching staff in the Gallatin? Probably the assistant that polishes his $500 shoes, because their won’t be anyone left to blame but himself from here on out.

So you really think 3peat is an insult to Cat fans and our coach?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Although I do like back-to-back-to-back STATE Champs better than 3peat.

bigsky33 said:
poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:

It’s funny how these guys second guess and criticize a head coach that beat them three yrs in a row and took his team to the second round of the playoffs while their team and fans were sitting at home. :lol: :lol:

I don’t see that happening here. I see people poking fun at your spinning absolute circles here in this thread and not knowing what you even believe. You stated he was let go on performance while applauding his performance. Then you stated there was an incident while then saying there wasn’t one. Then you claimed he wasn’t running Choates UW scheme when it is insanely obvious he was. Maybe time to call Vernon Adams up here for back up, he’s been good to you :lol:

What I think is funny is how you guys brush of scandles like it ain’t no thang. Or like it was planned all along. If UM had as bad of a month as MSmoo, there would be books written. Higher standards, I guess.

I also find it hilarious that cat fans think Cain will improve their D next year. There’s really no example in the real world where 2 years of studying trumps 7 years in the actual position.

HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:
poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I don’t see that happening here. I see people poking fun at your spinning absolute circles here in this thread and not knowing what you even believe. You stated he was let go on performance while applauding his performance. Then you stated there was an incident while then saying there wasn’t one. Then you claimed he wasn’t running Choates UW scheme when it is insanely obvious he was. Maybe time to call Vernon Adams up here for back up, he’s been good to you :lol:

BS33 is definitely in the same class as Choach in the, shall we say, gray matter category. A few more dropped prepositions, and I'd listen to an argument that BS33 is indeed Choach himself.

garizzalies said:
What I think is funny is how you guys brush of scandles like it ain’t no thang. Or like it was planned all along. If UM had as bad of a month as MSmoo, there would be books written. Higher standards, I guess.

I also find it hilarious that cat fans think Cain will improve their D next year. There’s really no example in the real world where 2 years of studying trumps 7 years in the actual position.

Scandles? What scandles are you referring too? We wont know what Kane (not Cain) can do until the end of next season. He has a good recommendation from some excellent defensive coaches at UW. Kane has been coaching for many years now.

tourist said:
poorgriz said:

What was the 'incident'?

If the “incident “ wasn’t a scandal why is it a secret?

Filthy McGrizzly said:
tourist said:
poorgriz said:

What was the 'incident'?

If the “incident “ wasn’t a scandal why is it a secret?

it is a scandal and they're trying to sweep it under the rug.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:

Scandles? What scandles are you referring too?

Scandals (not Scandles). I can see this is confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back