• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

gregorak leaving bobcats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bgbigdog said:
Does any of this surprise you? It’s people we’re talking about & as the saying goes, sh$& happens. & this guy isn’t any more a boyscout than any one else.

Agreed. If it's an administrative aide in the athletic director's department, that's one thing, but when it's the defensive coordinator, there's a little less expectation of privacy. And if the newspapers were still doing their jobs, they wouldn't readily accept the University System's standard reply that they "can't talk about it because it's a personnel issue."

bigsky33 said:
Choate said in recent interviews that he thought it was time to make a change....Choate said he felt it was time to make a change.
When did he say that? After-the-fact, right? Did he ever say why, or what needed to be changed before the “resignation?”

I don’t buy the nanny cam story, because it’s all backwards, on multiple levels. Usually the adulterer is the one getting blackmailed, and the spouse sets up the nanny cam.

But something sordid certainly went down given these “facts:”

1) T.Y. turned the scat’s D around in a short time. Something like 8th in the league to 3rd. By all accounts, T.Y. was loved by cat players and cat nation, particularly for beating the Griz and poking the bear whenever he could.

2) T.Y. unexpectedly resigns, at a somewhat odd time of the year, without another job already lined up;

3) His agent basically says he was not even looking for another job;

4) Cats hire his replacement almost immediately (was it even 24hrs?) without doing some national search; and the clincher,

5) Nobody says a damn thing. The lack of transparency speaks volumes.

If it went down like you claim (“to make a change”) they would have been screaming it from the shitpond, instead of letting this speculation run wild

reinell30 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
reinell30 said:
And I thought only a women's forum could get have so many pages of useless drivel....

Really, why's that? Women don't have anything useful to say? :roll:

I just really don't know how to answer that...

Well maybe you could start by explaining what the point of your post was?

poorgriz said:
reinell30 said:
AllWeatherFan said:
reinell30 said:
And I thought only a women's forum could get have so many pages of useless drivel....

Really, why's that? Women don't have anything useful to say? :roll:

I just really don't know how to answer that...

Well maybe you could start by explaining what the point of your post was?

No point at all, just like the other 11 pages of this thread.

exsaint said:
I believe Gregorak was getting bigger than Choate. Choate is below 500 and has to find a scapegoat or create chaos in order in his own words; “turn this thing around.” There’s a sense of false hope in Bozo and propaganda is on the rise. Rob Ash had a 670 winning percentage. Panic is setting in!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:
Choate said in recent interviews that he thought it was time to make a change....Choate said he felt it was time to make a change.
When did he say that? After-the-fact, right? Did he ever say why, or what needed to be changed before the “resignation?”

I don’t buy the nanny cam story, because it’s all backwards, on multiple levels. Usually the adulterer is the one getting blackmailed, and the spouse sets up the nanny cam.

1) T.Y. turned the scat’s D around in a short time. Something like 8th in the league to 3rd. By all accounts, T.Y. was loved by cat players and cat nation, particularly for beating the Griz and poking the bear whenever he could.

2) T.Y. unexpectedly resigns, at a somewhat odd time of the year, without another job already lined up;

4) Cats hire his replacement almost immediately (was it even 24hrs?) without doing some national search; and the clincher,

If it went down like you claim (“to make a change”) they would have been screaming it from the shitpond, instead of letting this speculation run wild
Choate laid it out pretty well in his interview. Defense improved significantly the first year, but is was pretty bad before and that wasn't hard to do. very little improvement in the 2nd and 3rd years. That's not going to cut it to compete at the level he wants, so he made a change on D. I agree with all that reasoning.

Kane was ready after spending 2 years learning UW defense. He had an offer for DC from another BSC team. The decision had to be made, I think that is the right one too, time will tell.

garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:

3) His agent basically says he was not even looking for another j

I agree something happened. How sordid it was nobody knows. I look at it as a personal thing. Like I mentioned, Alpha's story doesn't sound plausible. Choate was right not to talk about it in public whatever it was. Some things don't call for transparency. He did mention though that he was not happy with being 11th in 3rd down stops. He said if you want to have a top level defense, that has to be much better. He praised Ty for what he did in improving the defense in his time here. Choate mentioned that he always keeps a list of potential replacement coaches, since at this level, assistants are always moving on. I am sure since he had arranged for Kane to go to WA for experience, it was an easy choice for Choate that could take place quickly. No national search was necessary.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:

3) His agent basically says he was not even looking for another j

I agree something happened. How sordid it was nobody knows. I look at it as a personal thing. Like I mentioned, Alpha's story doesn't sound plausible. Choate was right not to talk about it in public whatever it was. Some things don't call for transparency. He did mention though that he was not happy with being 11th in 3rd down stops. He said if you want to have a top level defense, that has to be much better. He praised Ty for what he did in improving the defense in his time here. Choate mentioned that he always keeps a list of potential replacement coaches, since at this level, assistants are always moving on. I am sure since he had arranged for Kane to go to WA for experience, it was an easy choice for Choate that could take place quickly. No national search was necessary.

tenor.gif

The.Real.2506 said:
garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:

Choate laid it out pretty well in his interview. Defense improved significantly the first year, but is was pretty bad before and that wasn't hard to do. very little improvement in the 2nd and 3rd years. That's not going to cut it to compete at the level he wants, so he made a change on D. I agree with all that reasoning.

Kane was ready after spending 2 years learning UW defense. He had an offer for DC from another BSC team. The decision had to be made, I think that is the right one too, time will tell.
You’re talking about that sly interview after the fact that really just made things even murkier? Yeah right! Randomly pick one stat and send him packing.
Not buying that catshit. I think the chicken-parm rumor is closer to the truth.
But you go ahead and believe they fired a (twice) proven BSC DC for someone who has never been a coordinator, and did so in 24 hours because some other team might scoop up their alum legacy. :lol:

garizzalies said:
The.Real.2506 said:
garizzalies said:
bigsky33 said:

You’re talking about that sly interview after the fact that really just made things even murkier? Yeah right! Randomly pick one stat and send him packing.
But you go ahead and believe they fired a (twice) proven BSC DC for someone who has never been a coordinator, and did so in 24 hours because some other team might scoop up their alum legacy. :lol:

Nothing sly about the interview. Also, he didn't base it on one stat. Choate said the defense had leveled off the past two seasons and in addition, the Cats were 11th in the BSC in third down stops this past seaon. He said that was not good enough if you want to be a top level defense. That makes sense. Kane was a DC under Ash, so he did have some experience. And, I believe most coaches have a list of possible replacements in the event an assistant leaves. And yes, Kane had an offer from another BSC school.

Holy shit, I love this so much.

So now...all the cat fans that were on here just weeks ago GUSHING about Ty’s defense, and how it was easily one of the best in the Big Sky, are now all saying that ACTUALLY it wasn’t that great now that Ty’s been let go.

Fucking.

Poetry.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
The.Real.2506 said:
garizzalies said:

Nothing sly about the interview. Also, he didn't base it on one stat. Choate said the defense had leveled off the past two seasons and in addition, the Cats were 11th in the BSC in third down stops this past seaon. He said that was not good enough if you want to be a top level defense. That makes sense. Kane was a DC under Ash, so he did have some experience. And, I believe most coaches have a list of possible replacements in the event an assistant leaves. And yes, Kane had an offer from another BSC school.

So 3peat isn’t taking any responsibility for what was clearly his defense? That wasn’t anything like what Gregorak put on the field @ UM. He was running 3peats scheme - UW’s. & you can pretend the narrative is like the OC change, but Gregorak would likely still be in place were it not for the off-field issues. 3peat just lucked out with Ioane being available. Now he gets the positive press with bringing back the prodigal son & dodges the crap with Gregorak. Next change to the coaching staff in the Gallatin? Probably the assistant that polishes his $500 shoes, because their won’t be anyone left to blame but himself from here on out.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
The.Real.2506 said:
garizzalies said:

So, you think Choach basically said Tyler was fired for poor performance. But you said you think there was an incident, right? Just trying to get the stories straight.

bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
The.Real.2506 said:
garizzalies said:

Wait a minute, you just said you “believe something happened.” Then, two posts later, you’re claiming it was all part of the plan. Which is it?

Which BSC school offered him? Got a link?

I can’t wait to see the explanation when Cain’s D “levels off” and T.Y.’s “flatline” ( :clap: ) was actually well above his younger brethren’s. Mr. Chode will not appreciate Cain’s sacafices as much as his older brethren, and will punish him to a life of wandering the coaching ranks.

CDAGRIZ said:
bigsky33 said:
garizzalies said:
The.Real.2506 said:

So, you think Choach basically said Tyler was fired for poor performance. But you said you think there was an incident, right? Just trying to get the stories straight.

I really do not know the exact reason why he was let go. I am just going by what was said in his presser. Choate indicated that the defense level off over the past two seasons and he was not happy with being 11th in the BSC in third down stops. I don't think many coaches would be happy with that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back