• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Worst year in recent memory for the 3 major sports

UNDfan said:
Well with UND winning all four revenue championships in the Big Sky, something that has never been accomplished, the Griz have to be a new bottom feeder. VB is the fourth, something the Griz don't even recognize.

It's good that we are moving on out of the washed up Big Sky so that you can again dominate a league that most posters here call pathetic.

First, dumbass, you didn't win the women's bsc regular season.

Second, you didn't win the football title either. The only reason you were tied is because you didn't play Eastern, who would have put 99 up on you.

Third, you're the only person in the world who describes VB as a "revenue" sport.

Fourth, well, I addressed it in the first item, but will repeat here: you're a dumbass.

UNDfan said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
UNDfan said:
Well with UND winning all four revenue championships in the Big Sky, something that has never been accomplished, the Griz have to be a new bottom feeder. VB is the fourth, something the Griz don't even recognize.

It's good that we are moving on out of the washed up Big Sky so that you can again dominate a league that most posters here call pathetic.

Actually, I would just call you pathetic.

Whats really pathetic is that we are a hockey school first, and those four other sports are just attempts to field teams, as the NCAA requires 14 sports. Incidentally, the fifth team sport is still reigning national champs and draws 250,000 a year.

Maybe you should try FCOA if you can afford it. We can't according to some, but we still do it.

Now you are even more pathetic.

1. What was the prior recent year when the 3 major sports had worse years in the same year? Or, how many decades ago was that?

2. Can it be agreed that UND had a much better year in the 3 major sports than UM did?

Talk about head-in-the-sanders. Some of you are starting to post like some of the weak Bobcat posters.

UNDfan said:

Sorry, but UND's "Conference" championship deserves a giant * next to it in football. Do you honestly think UND would have beat EWU this year???

And who cares about regular season basketball champs? It's all about the tournament. Ditto for volleyball.

So... that gives UND one championship in volleyball (via the tournament) and two pending results in basketball. And a championship* in football that doesn't really count.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

footballdood said:
So... that gives UND one championship in volleyball (via the tournament) and two pending results in basketball. And a championship* in football that doesn't really count.
If it were UM you would count it.

EverettGriz said:
UNDfan said:

First, dumbass, you didn't win the women's bsc regular season.

Second, you didn't win the football title either. The only reason you were tied is because you didn't play Eastern, who would have put 99 up on you.

Third, you@'re the only person in the world who describes VB as a "revenue" sport.

Fourth, well, I addressed it in the first item, but will repeat here: you're a dumbass.

1. UND was co-champions with MSU. The Big Sky sent us a banner.
2. UND was co-champions with EWU. The Big Sky sent us a banner.
3. Numerous Midwestern and California schools charge fans for VBall and have Big crowds for decent programs. Montana schools wouldn't know anything about that though.
4. This board is filled with dumbassery. I signed up for it so I guess I am one of the dumbasses too! :mrgreen:

Gametime said:
Disappointment is an understatement. For all the sugar coaters who constantly make excuses and hope that things will magically change, you're wrong. The 3 major UM sports teams have dropped into the middle to bottom of the pack. Lady Griz at least had significant injuries and a major coaching change. While I always have hope for the teams, I don't see much changing any time soon. Where is Haslam? Why is he immune from criticism? He has done literally nothing to change the culture in a positive direction. He is the most silent AD I can remember. He has no public presence either socially or in the media. I expect changes and action from him or he needs to go.

by Spanky » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:52 am

Regarding football, I do have serious concerns. I don't live in Missoula, so I'm not aware how involved Kent Haslam is on a day to day basis with the football program. Hopefully, his supervision is daily including practices and team meetings.

More proof of my contention that a really lively fan site needs idiots, crackpots and horse's asses to spur conversation.

UNDfan said:

My, what an ugly, little man. And, here, I thought winning made one large and beneficent. Imagine what this dick is like when his team loses.

PlayerRep said:
1. What the prior recent year when the 3 major sports had worse years in the same year? Or, how many decades ago was that?

2. Can it be agreed that UND had a much better year in the 3 major sports than UM did?

Talk about head-in-the-sanders. Some of you are starting to post like some of the weak Bobcat posters.

You are the eGriz Bobcat poster.

If I was calling the shots, would have the Griz, Cats, Spuds and EWU join us in the Slummit and evict W Illinois and the IUPU'schools. Make the bball tournament in Billings just to satisfy you slugs. Then you'don't finally get a conference upgrade after twenty years of languishing in the substandard Big Sky. Had no idea that the slugs on the bottom of this conference were so bad. But maybe you deserve them, so you have a chance to win?

UNDfan said:
If I was calling the shots, would have the Griz, Cats, Spuds and EWU join us in the Slummit and evict W Illinois and the IUPU'schools. Make the bball tournament in Billings just to satisfy you slugs. Then you'don't finally get a conference upgrade after twenty years of languishing in the substandard Big Sky. Had no idea that the slugs on the bottom of this conference were so bad. But maybe you deserve them, so you have a chance to win?

You should consider yourself fortunate that Foolerton made you part of his Follies and brought you into the bsc. No argument it's a shitty conference, and und's admission to it played a sizable role in that.

EverettGriz said:
UNDfan said:

You should consider yourself fortunate that Foolerton made you part of his Follies and brought you into the bsc. No argument it's a shitty conference, and und's admission to it played a sizable role in that.

Dominating Big Sky championships at least put pressure on a moribund Griz program that hasn't accomplished much in a decade.

Wait for Dixie St to replace us, as SUU and NAU want them as a member. The St George paper had a write up about a DI place is likely coming for Dixie. You Griz will be whistling Dixie soon it seems.

kemajic said:
footballdood said:
If it were UM you would count it.

Yep. Anybody that denies that is just kidding themselves. Hell we crowed about "13 consecutive BSC football championships" on here for years....

UNDfan said:

How could you not have known the "slugs on the bottom were so bad"? They all came from YOUR previous conference, the GWFC. UNC. Cal Davis. Suck State.

Outside of ISU, YOUR prior conference owned all the bottom feeders. So, either you weren't paying attention then or you're being disingenuous now.

Back