• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Worst year in recent memory for the 3 major sports

A couple thoughts. The reasons for the FB meltdown have been debated over and over so no need to carry on with that. However, I think all fair minded Griz fans agree that significant improvement needs to be made and excuses won't cut it.

GB had major injuries that would hurt any team's season. BB is young and has great potential.

There is always discussion about getting the most Montana players and certainly getting the best MT players. I can only imagine if we would have gotten Jill Barta instead of Gonzaga. How about Tre Tinkle and Josh Heustis? We simply are not going to get the best that we have. They, in their own way, have said they want to compete against the best. So be it. I certainly wish that mindset would change and UM would be where the best want to play. The truth is, we are a mid-major and will always have to cherish the Big Sky championship as our ultimate goal. But that goal should be attainable with all that the Griz have to offer. We should be able to recruit the best players at our level. I personally don't care where they come from. I would prefer quality MT kids over quantity. Just my 2 cents.

reinell30 said:
Our three major sport teams have gone as low as they are going to go! Nothing but positive and winning from now on. There will be losses, but no more cellar dwellers. This football team will contend this season, the mens B-Ball team will win the Big Sky and the tournament and receive a 12 seed in the NCAA tournament, and the lady Griz will challenge for the title as well!
We are Griz Nation, we will succeed!
Kent Haslam is a great guy and he is very involved, to say he isn't, I don't get it.
Travis D. knows where his program is headed and has his plan of action to get it there is right on track.
Kate is going into her second year in Robins shoes, the injuries to her team will not be there next season. She can coach!
Bob S. has his players, they will perform. Griz nation will see an offense like we have not seen before this season!
Nothing but positive and full steam ahead!

Go Griz!

Is this a serious post? I honestly can't tell.

PlayerRep said:
argh! said:
EverettGriz said:
What the prior recent year when the 3 major sports had worse years in the same year? Or, how many decades ago was that?

:lol: :lol:

a necessary quote for the armory of anyone greenie accuses of lacking the ability to read and/or write...

Are you saying you don't understand the question? Or just picking at typos?

Better yet, why don't you answer the question, if you understand it.

what you wrote is gibberish. having said that, if you can define what you meant by 'recent', i may be able to hazard a guess of an answer.

George Ferguson said:
Gametime said:
Disappointment is an understatement. For all the sugar coaters who constantly make excuses and hope that things will magically change, you're wrong. The 3 major UM sports teams have dropped into the middle to bottom of the pack. Lady Griz at least had significant injuries and a major coaching change. While I always have hope for the teams, I don't see much changing any time soon. Where is Haslam? Why is he immune from criticism? He has done literally nothing to change the culture in a positive direction. He is the most silent AD I can remember. He has no public presence either socially or in the media. I expect changes and action from him or he needs to go.

I actually hear Kent speak quite a bit. He talks both in public and to the media literally all the time. Does he bash his programs? No. If that's what you're looking for, you're going to be waiting a long, long time. If by changes, you mean Stitt and Travis being fired, grab a Snickers.

You ask where he is? He's in his office every day that he's in Missoula. Here's his email and phone number. [email protected], 243-5348. If you feel so strongly about this stuff, then get off Egriz, attach your name to an e-mail or phone call and tell him.

Nailed it Ferg! :thumb:

kemajic said:
marooncoloredglasses said:
Gametime is the men's version of GrizLA. If you're basing your criticism on record, please note how many Stout States, Central Wash., and Frontier Conference teams that all the previous coaches had on their schedule to inflate the record. Those kind of games are now called exhibition games and don't count on the record. They are replaced by Oregon, North Carolina State, Mississippi, and Wyoming to name a few.
If you actually want to talk Kent H. ask to schedule a meeting when you see him at a basketball game. He's almost always there, are you?
The 2016-17 Griz basket team was one player away from being the top team in the conference. The frustrating part they were there on the bench the whole season. Next year when Alphonso Anderson(6'6"), Jamar Akoh(6'8"), and Donaven Dorsey(6'7") are all eligible, thenyou will feel foolish about this tirade or at least you should.
Well, hopefully some of those guys can grab a rebound. 24 in a game (Idaho) doesn't get it done. Way too many guards on the '16-'17 team.

Spot on Kem. Also the few forwards that we did have rarely followed their shots. :(

Back