• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coaching Search Starts

taiter said:
One of the radio shows (Slim Kimel) mentioned Kraig Paulson as a possibility. Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but thought it was interesting

No....

That's what I thought. Wasn't sure if there was something I was missing. Was a head scratcher

jodcon said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
grizpack said:
taiter said:
One of the radio shows (Slim Kimel) mentioned Kraig Paulson as a possibility. Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but thought it was interesting

No....
...and Hell No.

...and f*** no.

I don’t even want him back on Bobby’s staff. Ty (who runs a base cover 2 to 3 defense) is more multiple and blitzes more than Paulson. He lucked out he had a lot of good players and the big sky wasn’t as pass heavy as some teams are now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

406grizfan4life said:
NOOOO!!! not Paulson....remember Villanova.....Scezar made us look as silly as Semore trying to stop Murry...NOOOO!!

So what you're saying is a Semore (Stitt) defense, and a Paulson (Hauck) defense, both suck? :lol:

ordigger said:
406grizfan4life said:
NOOOO!!! not Paulson....remember Villanova.....Scezar made us look as silly as Semore trying to stop Murry...NOOOO!!

So what you're saying is a Semore (Stitt) defense, and a Paulson (Hauck) defense, both suck? :lol:

Lets just say...when Bobby said getting the band back together.....Paulson..Phenie..No..Kreig's defense was so....vanilla, would have been nice to see a few more bliztes..Semore..too many..especially on 3rd and long...Phenie...nice guy..but out there, felt he couldn't decide what to do..pass, pass..should I throw...no...pass..no throw..hmmm..run..yeah run..no pass..

daGrizJ said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
I feel the Griz fans upset with Ty for leaving UM and landing at msu are not seeing the picture real clearly. And that's easy to do from a far. But get in there, and see reality, not some wasy drummed up perception.

TY loved UM and the state of Montana with everything he had. He was passed over for the UM gig and then was being pushed out at UM by Stitt/Seless (I mean Semore), and we all see how great they were.

TY had a family, wife and 3 young kids (baby) to support. Yes, msu is the enemy, and accepting an offer from Choate was like chosing to chop off a body part, but he had to do it. There isn't one person that wouldn't have done the same thing. What else was he supposed to do? His wife is a former msu athlete. He got to stay in his beloved Montana. And he didn't sink with Stitt's ship. He now is the 2nd in command, and has a bright future. I would welcome him back with open arms to the place he wants to be, UM.

Trust me folks, it was PAINFUL for him to go to msu. You could see it in his face, body language, and voice in every interview that first year, he hated what had happened. He never even wore bobcat attire, he would always wear a navy under armour hat with a white symbol, and still cringe while wearing that.

Tough shit. He's a turncoat in my opinion, just like Joe Glen, who left to take a cell phone call during the post season awards banquet (from Wyoming) and never came back, and Bobby Hauck, who dumped the Griz like a used condom when the first (or worst) FBS team came calling.
Many of the coaches on the team have family. I can think of one in particular that has withstood 3 coaching changes.
He's still here.
If family and future was that important, Ty shouldn't have had his night out in Boulder. As far as him wanting to be a Griz, there was also a rumor he had or at least was interested in the Nau job and threw his name in. These posts read like he has been a DC for 20 yrs. He's a Colorado alum, not a Griz.
He was a LB coach. Was still a LB coach when he came back to Montana, until he got promoted. I think he's a good LB coach and will leave it at that.
He lost me when he went blue and started taunting the assistants on social media. The Griz saved his career, imo.
If he couldn't handle it, I don't feel bad for him. We all aren't afforded the luxury of bosses that will coddle us.
What does it really say about a guy that leaves Stitt, goes to State, once a new coach is hired there and then wants to come back, when that new coach is still in building mode?
Yeah, no thanks.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
daGrizJ said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
I feel the Griz fans upset with Ty for leaving UM and landing at msu are not seeing the picture real clearly. And that's easy to do from a far. But get in there, and see reality, not some wasy drummed up perception.

TY loved UM and the state of Montana with everything he had. He was passed over for the UM gig and then was being pushed out at UM by Stitt/Seless (I mean Semore), and we all see how great they were.

TY had a family, wife and 3 young kids (baby) to support. Yes, msu is the enemy, and accepting an offer from Choate was like chosing to chop off a body part, but he had to do it. There isn't one person that wouldn't have done the same thing. What else was he supposed to do? His wife is a former msu athlete. He got to stay in his beloved Montana. And he didn't sink with Stitt's ship. He now is the 2nd in command, and has a bright future. I would welcome him back with open arms to the place he wants to be, UM.

Trust me folks, it was PAINFUL for him to go to msu. You could see it in his face, body language, and voice in every interview that first year, he hated what had happened. He never even wore bobcat attire, he would always wear a navy under armour hat with a white symbol, and still cringe while wearing that.

Tough shit. He's a turncoat in my opinion, just like Joe Glen, who left to take a cell phone call during the post season awards banquet (from Wyoming) and never came back, and Bobby Hauck, who dumped the Griz like a used condom when the first (or worst) FBS team came calling.
Many of the coaches on the team have family. I can think of one in particular that has withstood 3 coaching changes.
He's still here.
If family and future was that important, Ty shouldn't have had his night out in Boulder. As far as him wanting to be a Griz, there was also a rumor he had or at least was interested in the Nau job and threw his name in. These posts read like he has been a DC for 20 yrs. He's a Colorado alum, not a Griz.
He was a LB coach. Was still a LB coach when he came back to Montana, until he got promoted. I think he's a good LB coach and will leave it at that.
He lost me when he went blue and started taunting the assistants on social media. The Griz saved his career, imo.
If he couldn't handle it, I don't feel bad for him. We all aren't afforded the luxury of bosses that will coddle us.
What does it really say about a guy that leaves Stitt, goes to State, once a new coach is hired there and then wants to come back, when that new coach is still in building mode?
Yeah, no thanks.

:thumb: :clap: :clap:

WyomingGrizFan said:
How about an ex-Griz player that has ties with Don Read and Mick Dennehy, that also coached the Griz for about eight years on the defensive side (LBs): http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/reeves_david00.html

Reeves coached a HS teammate of mine when he went on to play LB at UM. (Chad Lembke)

And Reeves was a Strong Safety, so he's my kind of football player.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
daGrizJ said:
IntuitiveGriz said:

He's still here.
Yeah, no thanks.

Benedict Arnold, perhaps

IntuitiveGriz said:
WyomingGrizFan said:
How about an ex-Griz player that has ties with Don Read and Mick Dennehy, that also coached the Griz for about eight years on the defensive side (LBs): http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/reeves_david00.html

Reeves coached a HS teammate of mine when he went on to play LB at UM. (Chad Lembke)

I asked it in another thread but is this the same guy that was terrible in Billings and resigned before the season was even over?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

grzz said:
IntuitiveGriz said:
WyomingGrizFan said:

I asked it in another thread but is this the same guy that was terrible in Billings and resigned before the season was even over?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reeves resigned two weeks before the start of fall practice.

http://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/reeves-resigns-as-rocky-football-coach/article_fc833658-7c8f-11de-add1-001cc4c03286.html

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
He's still here.

Yeah, no thanks.

:clap: :clap: :agree:
He enjoyed beating the Griz way to much to ever be wanted back at Washington/Griz..

birdieman said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
He's still here.

Yeah, no thanks.

...for what its worth Stitt wanted Ty out and Semore in..just for the record!

Candidates emerge for Montana's head coaching opening
https://skylinesportsmt.com/candidates-emerge-for-montanas-head-coaching-opening/

According to Haslam, he wants to get the "swagger" back. BH comes to mind, along with a few other descriptive words/phrases. As far as KP goes, even BH had to admit he was at least subpart at UNLV.

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Candidates emerge for Montana's head coaching opening
https://skylinesportsmt.com/candidates-emerge-for-montanas-head-coaching-opening/

Click bait.....free advertising.

Back