• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coaching Search Starts

jodcon said:
Not aimed at anyone in particular but it's really hard for some people to not be in the know on every single thing isn't it? For all we know Hauck might be a done deal...or told Haslam to f*** off...or was never contacted at all.

Bottom line we don't know shit, and all the arguing and hand wringing is getting goofy. Let's see who is actually hired before we start debating if assistant coaches will be kept and stuff like that, cart is
getting way ahead of the horse on this one.

Best advice I've seen in long time.

rgrizfan said:
grizghost said:
birdieman said:
Dmontanagrizzlies said:
Many of the coaches on the team have family. I can think of one in particular that has withstood 3 coaching changes.
He's still here.
If family and future was that important, Ty shouldn't have had his night out in Boulder. As far as him wanting to be a Griz, there was also a rumor he had or at least was interested in the Nau job and threw his name in. These posts read like he has been a DC for 20 yrs. He's a Colorado alum, not a Griz.
He was a LB coach. Was still a LB coach when he came back to Montana, until he got promoted. I think he's a good LB coach and will leave it at that.

He lost me when he went blue and started taunting the assistants on social media. The Griz saved his career, imo.

If he couldn't handle it, I don't feel bad for him. We all aren't afforded the luxury of bosses that will coddle us.
What does it really say about a guy that leaves Stitt, goes to State, once a new coach is hired there and then wants to come back, when that new coach is still in building mode?
Yeah, no thanks.

...for what its worth Stitt wanted Ty out and Semore in..just for the record!

Ty was all butt hurt that he did not get the HC job.

Truth is, Traitorak got the last laugh between them.

I think (as long as we're talking coaches) Ty's misdemeanor at UNLV cost BH's job in the long run, there. UNLV needed a DC like Ty. Still does, I think. IOW, if Ty had stayed w/ BH, UNLV would have won more games & BH would still be there. "Oh, what a web we weave..."

Grizzoola said:
I think (as long as we're talking coaches) Ty's misdemeanor at UNLV cost BH's job in the long run, there. UNLV needed a DC like Ty. Still does, I think. IOW, if Ty had stayed w/ BH, UNLV would have won more games & BH would still be there. "Oh, what a web we weave..."

TG was a linebacker coach at UNLV never a DC until Pflugrad gave him a chance after Breske left. Retiring AD forced TG firing not the AD that fired BH.

Art Spooner said:
Grizzoola said:

TG was a linebacker coach at UNLV never a DC until Pflugrad gave him a chance after Breske left. Retiring AD forced TG firing not the AD that fired BH.
Ok, as to facts. Point is, UNLV, & many college programs no longer put up w/ any law run-ins. Witness what happened to Louisville BB coach, Rick Pitino. Those days are over! BTW, even if Ty were "only" LB coach, his enthusiasm & drive would have added to the UNLV defense.

AZGrizFan said:
Jack bradley said:
Fellas; You can't repeat the past. We can't go back. BH was treated like sh__ in Missoula and we all know it. So does he. He is going up. Appears Bobcat football is going up. Our Grizzlies are headed down. Nobody to blame but ourselves. We want instant home wins by wide margin, sail through the conference and sail through the playoffs here in Missoula. It's the money guys, the money. Take the time to rebuild from the ground up. Big mistake to keep the one year temp coach 3 years. Why? Because we did not want to lose any home games and keep playoffs here but sooner or later we will pay the price. Dragging a past coach into picture is dumb blind thinking. How about Don Read? C'mon now. Think they should look twice at keeping this AD who pulled a major boo boo hiring you know who.

Based on what objective measure? :roll: :lol: Quality losses?

Well, if we want to be truly objective, the improved record and improved play on the field would certainly imply that they are on the upswing. They had some tough losses to good teams, but at the end of the day, a loss is a loss. A good team figures out how to win those games. They're improving, question is what their ceiling will be. Doesn't seem like any of their coaches are tactical geniuses, ya know?

Crickets... there has to be some news as far as the search. A lot of journalists covering other programs can figure this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dayday said:
Crickets... there has to be some news as far as the search. A lot of journalists covering other programs can figure this out.

I'm in San Diego and there is no news or mention of Hauck going anywhere. FWIW

PTGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
Jack bradley said:
Fellas; You can't repeat the past. We can't go back. BH was treated like sh__ in Missoula and we all know it. So does he. He is going up. Appears Bobcat football is going up. Our Grizzlies are headed down. Nobody to blame but ourselves. We want instant home wins by wide margin, sail through the conference and sail through the playoffs here in Missoula. It's the money guys, the money. Take the time to rebuild from the ground up. Big mistake to keep the one year temp coach 3 years. Why? Because we did not want to lose any home games and keep playoffs here but sooner or later we will pay the price. Dragging a past coach into picture is dumb blind thinking. How about Don Read? C'mon now. Think they should look twice at keeping this AD who pulled a major boo boo hiring you know who.

Well, if we want to be truly objective, the improved record and improved play on the field would certainly imply that they are on the upswing. They had some tough losses to good teams, but at the end of the day, a loss is a loss. A good team figures out how to win those games. They're improving, question is what their ceiling will be. Doesn't seem like any of their coaches are tactical geniuses, ya know?

Using that objectivity, the Griz were on the upswing as well.

AZGrizFan said:
PTGrizzly said:
AZGrizFan said:
Jack bradley said:

Using that objectivity, the Griz were on the upswing as well.

Maybe.

Stitt started out at 8-5, (6-2 in conference) and never beat his first years record. How last year was better than hoe second, but worse than his first.

Don't forget part of the requirement is that the new coach can say Havre and Lewistown correctly. According to the AD. ;)

Grizzoola said:
Art Spooner said:
Grizzoola said:

Ok, as to facts. Point is, UNLV, & many college programs no longer put up w/ any law run-ins. Witness what happened to Louisville BB coach, Rick Pitino. Those days are over! BTW, even if Ty were "only" LB coach, his enthusiasm & drive would have added to the UNLV defense.

Pitino had the FBI investigating him. Not the same as a run in with the law in my opinion lol.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
Grizzoola said:
Art Spooner said:
Grizzoola said:

Pitino had the FBI investigating him. Not the same as a run in with the law in my opinion lol.
What exactly would the federal bureau of investigation be investigating besides indiscretions with the law?

Well, someone who is in the know has let a friend know that Hauck is to be named tomorrow.

I liked Stitt and thought that he would be doing a lot better next year, but I am glad that Bobby is coming back. He has taken more Griz teams to the Championship than any other coach. Maybe this time, he can finish the job.

Plus, there's the added bonus that it will drive BN nuts.

fencer24 said:
Well, someone who is in the know has let a friend know that Hauck is to be named tomorrow.

I liked Stitt and thought that he would be doing a lot better next year, but I am glad that Bobby is coming back. He has taken more Griz teams to the Championship than any other coach. Maybe this time, he can finish the job.

Plus, there's the added bonus that it will drive BN nuts.

My gut says that when the local news comes on tomorrow night at 10:00, we will be hearing a story about the next football coach.

Amie tweets that Hauck is in Missoula

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Amie_Just/status/935037766991147008[/tweet]

Latest posts

Back