• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coaching Search Starts

41GrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:
If it were TG, I, a 65-year Griz fan, would be gone.

Literally the ONLY hire that would make me take the same action.

If your boss was ruining your reputation as a professional by putting you into impossible positions to succeed, and you had a chance to relocate, do the same job, for a similar company (which happens to be a competitor) and keep your family in the same general area, would you not take it?

You guys like to bastardize him, but he did the right thing. He didn’t leave Montana. He left a bad shit crazy boss who was ruining his career. I’d welcome him back in a heartbeat.

Doesn't fucking matter. He did the ONE THING you don't do.

“Crystal ball? No, absolutely not, I wouldn’t have seen myself (with Montana State). But I sure love being a Bobcat now,” said Gregorak smiling.

http://www.montanasports.com/2017/08/20/ty-gregorak-has-no-regrets-after-leaving-montana-to-coach-for-the-montana-state-bobcats/

Fuck him...

There was also that little incident. Only the Griz would take him after his firing. He walked away, taunted the staff on social media and acted like an ass.

41GrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:

If your boss was ruining your reputation as a professional by putting you into impossible positions to succeed, and you had a chance to relocate, do the same job, for a similar company (which happens to be a competitor) and keep your family in the same general area, would you not take it?

You guys like to bastardize him, but he did the right thing. He didn’t leave Montana. He left a bad shit crazy boss who was ruining his career. I’d welcome him back in a heartbeat.

Let’s assume everything you say is true (which I highly doubt)...doesn’t change the fact he went from Coke to Pepsi...from Ford to Chevy....from the US Gov’t to fucking North Korea...and took company secrets with him.

He’s dead to me.

Dmontanagrizzlies said:
There was also that little incident. Only the Griz would take him after his firing. He walked away, taunted the staff on social media and acted like an ass.

Have you cleared this diatribe with his lawyer? Just wanted to save you the embarrassment of the verbal thrashing upcoming.’ :lol:

So much for whoever said he was coming at 8 a.m.....can't remember who it was but they apparently don't know shit.

Thanks Kyle for updates

kyle sample
kyle sample
@kyle_sample
·
28m
All those Bobby Hauck was in Missoula today rumors, don’t believe ‘em

AZDoc said:
The search is already a stittshow

It has been a day. I agree it would help to make it quickly, but everyone needs to chill. I expect to see some movement by the weekend maybe next week. A lot of coaches still have games this week plus thanksgiving holiday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Kent is probably a very smart and capable AD. I did not see the last presser regarding Stitts future or lack there of at UM but he was well spoken in the interview prior to the Cat game. I think his current status is mirroring Stitts. Smart, well spoken guys who work very hard and are under pressure to the point of losing their respective jobs. Haslam is one step behind Stitt. Given sh** rolls down hill this is pretty universal with the employee suffering consequences before the boss. He needs to pick carefully. Despite good coaching choices in basically all sports, still think Stitt was talented and am not convinced he couldnt have been successful, football is king at our institution and there are consequences for lack of success. I hope for his sake he goes through the complete process and makes the right decision for him and this University as his job likely depends on it. Again I think he gets more leeway hiring Hauck than anyone else and I am happy if Hauck is his choice. I would also welcome a new promising young coach that has shown some true success in whatever role(s) he has had. I have less at stake than Haslam and he may not be willing to take a risk on a young unproven coach and I woudnt blame him.

nzone said:
I vote home grown. Hauck’s learning curve is flat. He will win and will win quickly. No on the job training just get er done! Don’t mess this up Haslem.

The lame "home grown" chant kicks in one more time from the same myopic folks who lobby for a Griz team made up (entirely if possible) with lads sprung from native MT loins. Screw that! I want the BEST applicant we can get to right this listing ship and I don't care where the hell he comes from. If Bobby Hauck weren't a homie do you think he would be dominating half the egriz threads? Fortunately, Haslem has made it clear - up front - that a coaching candidate's qualifications are a tad more important than his birthplace.

'68griz said:
+ 1 TG has no place is griz football. He is the antithesis of griz football. He’s a fucking BOBCAT!

Silvertip said:
nzone said:
I vote home grown. Hauck’s learning curve is flat. He will win and will win quickly. No on the job training just get er done! Don’t mess this up Haslem.

The lame "home grown" chant kicks in one more time from the same myopic folks who lobby for a Griz team made up (entirely if possible) with lads sprung from native MT loins. Screw that! I want the BEST applicant we can get to right this listing ship and I don't care where the hell he comes from. If Bobby Hauck weren't a homie do you think he would be dominating half the egriz threads? Fortunately, Haslem has made it clear - up front - that a coaching candidate's qualifications are a tad more important than his birthplace.
Hey now, that’s my screen name your using in a pejorative fashion pard

Silvertip said:
nzone said:

Well he' already proven he's letting the inmates (boosters) run the asylum, so don't get your hopes up.

AZGrizFan said:
Silvertip said:
nzone said:

Well he' already proven he's letting the inmates (boosters) run the asylum, so don't get your hopes up.
7 players in the nfl determined that to be racist so you can’t say that anymore.

No more experiments, bring back Bobby Ball!! if he really wants to
You will start to see the stands fill again. I truly think he can take the talent we have and with some tweaks get us rolling in the first season. The O line will be the first place he starts, he loved the NFL size guys.

grizare#1 said:
No more experiments, bring back Bobby Ball!! if he really wants to
You will start to see the stands fill again. I truly think he can take the talent we have and with some tweaks get us rolling in the first season. The O line will be the first place he starts, he loved the NFL size guys.

This!

No coach in the history of Griz Football put more guys in the NFL than Bobby did. That takes a guy who knows who can perform and do it well.
We need to start seeing the Griz in the top ten again nationally.

Hawkeyebowhunter said:
AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:

Agreed, can't go down that road and then come back

Don’t see him seeking dispensation, burned most of his bridges and hitched his wagon to Choate. Not a bad strategy, hitch your wagon to a star is a pretty proven path if you were right.

Latest posts

Back