• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coaching Search Starts

TG was quite excited on the sidelines after the game because he knew Stitt would be gone. He has no interest in coming back!!!!!

Bobby has another game to coach at New Mexico. I am sure he is busy getting his players prepared for that game before he will even consider going elsewhere.

Bobby has another game to coach at New Mexico. I am sure he is busy getting his players prepared for that game before he will even consider going elsewhere.

mtgrizfankb said:
There will NOT be a hiring committee or a national search. From what I hear this thing is done..who is it? Idk. I would guess either BH or TG from
The quickness of the process

I would LOVE either BH or TG :!:

Let's GET SOME FIRE/TOUGHNESS back at THE UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA :!: :!: :!:

41GrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:
If it were TG, I, a 65-year Griz fan, would be gone.

Literally the ONLY hire that would make me take the same action.

If your boss was ruining your reputation as a professional by putting you into impossible positions to succeed, and you had a chance to relocate, do the same job, for a similar company (which happens to be a competitor) and keep your family in the same general area, would you not take it?

You guys like to bastardize him, but he did the right thing. He didn’t leave Montana. He left a bad shit crazy boss who was ruining his career. I’d welcome him back in a heartbeat.

:agree: :clap:

mtgrizfankb said:
wbtfg said:
Not sure if it has been mentioned or not, but I’ve heard a couple people talking about Jeff Fisher being interested in the position.

He was a terrible NFL coach, but I wonder how we could do in the big sky conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff is not interested. Brandon is but HC for us at this point is out of his league

Thank god Jeff is not interested:

Jeff Fisher is the losingest coach in NFl history. Rams coach Jeff Fisher lost eight of his last nine games to streak to the top (or is it the bottom?) of the NFL record book for most losses in a career. On Sunday, he tied Dan Reeves at 165 losses, but the Rams fired him Monday, before he had a chance to break the record.

I agree, NO WAY in H, E, double toothpicks does Brandon become our next head football coach. That is bust-a-gut hilarious. :lol:

kyle_sample said:
kemajic said:
Recognize the AD has a protocol he has to abide by. Official search, interview minority candidates, etc. He could have his man and it could still take some time.

That's not really how it works. From what I've gathered, the protocol of the search is usually left to the discretion of the university president. There is a conversation between the AD and the president and they decide how to proceed. Each of the last three searches have been different

Interesting,

Haslam did state that he consulted President Stearns on Stits non-renewal. He stated that he did not talk to Bodnar regarding Stitt.

Yet some of you forget that Jeff Fisher led the Tennessee Titans to the Super Bowl one year, and fell one yard short of forcing the first OT in the history of the big game. The fact he coached a Titans team that played one of the greatest offenses in NFL history in "The Greatest Show on Turf" tough was not an easy task by any means, but that team earned its trip to Super Bowl XXXIV.

But his ship sailed long ago, and his tenure with the Rams proved it. I can't see JF becoming a head coach again despite his career record of 173-165-1.

MissoulaCanucksFan said:
Yet some of you forget that Jeff Fisher led the Tennessee Titans to the Super Bowl one year, and fell one yard short of forcing the first OT in the history of the big game. The fact he coached a Titans team that played one of the greatest offenses in NFL history in "The Greatest Show on Turf" tough was not an easy task by any means, but that team earned its trip to Super Bowl XXXIV.

But his ship sailed long ago, and his tenure with the Rams proved it. I can't see JF becoming a head coach again despite his career record of 173-165-1.

Head coaching record
Regular season: 173–165–1 (.512)
Postseason: 5–6 (.455)
Career: 178–171–1 (.510)

It's shocking he was a head coach for so long. It was because he was a nice guy.

I feel the Griz fans upset with Ty for leaving UM and landing at msu are not seeing the picture real clearly. And that's easy to do from a far. But get in there, and see reality, not some wasy drummed up perception.

TY loved UM and the state of Montana with everything he had. He was passed over for the UM gig and then was being pushed out at UM by Stitt/Seless (I mean Semore), and we all see how great they were.

TY had a family, wife and 3 young kids (baby) to support. Yes, msu is the enemy, and accepting an offer from Choate was like chosing to chop off a body part, but he had to do it. There isn't one person that wouldn't have done the same thing. What else was he supposed to do? His wife is a former msu athlete. He got to stay in his beloved Montana. And he didn't sink with Stitt's ship. He now is the 2nd in command, and has a bright future. I would welcome him back with open arms to the place he wants to be, UM.

Trust me folks, it was PAINFUL for him to go to msu. You could see it in his face, body language, and voice in every interview that first year, he hated what had happened. He never even wore bobcat attire, he would always wear a navy under armour hat with a white symbol, and still cringe while wearing that.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Silvertip said:
nzone said:
I vote home grown. Hauck’s learning curve is flat. He will win and will win quickly. No on the job training just get er done! Don’t mess this up Haslem.

The lame "home grown" chant kicks in one more time from the same myopic folks who lobby for a Griz team made up (entirely if possible) with lads sprung from native MT loins. Screw that! I want the BEST applicant we can get to right this listing ship and I don't care where the hell he comes from. If Bobby Hauck weren't a homie do you think he would be dominating half the egriz threads? Fortunately, Haslem has made it clear - up front - that a coaching candidate's qualifications are a tad more important than his birthplace.
Hey now, that’s my screen name your using in a pejorative fashion pard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oops! :pray: ...and putting it in quotes only compounded the felony

IntuitiveGriz said:
I feel the Griz fans upset with Ty for leaving UM and landing at msu are not seeing the picture real clearly. And that's easy to do from a far. But get in there, and see reality, not some wasy drummed up perception.

TY loved UM and the state of Montana with everything he had. He was passed over for the UM gig and then was being pushed out at UM by Stitt/Seless (I mean Semore), and we all see how great they were.

TY had a family, wife and 3 young kids (baby) to support. Yes, msu is the enemy, and accepting an offer from Choate was like chosing to chop off a body part, but he had to do it. There isn't one person that wouldn't have done the same thing. What else was he supposed to do? His wife is a former msu athlete. He got to stay in his beloved Montana. And he didn't sink with Stitt's ship. He now is the 2nd in command, and has a bright future. I would welcome him back with open arms to the place he wants to be, UM.

Trust me folks, it was PAINFUL for him to go to msu. You could see it in his face, body language, and voice in every interview that first year, he hated what had happened. He never even wore bobcat attire, he would always wear a navy under armour hat with a white symbol, and still cringe while wearing that.

Personally I am fine that TG is at Bozeman St and me not wanting him as HC in Missoula has absolutely zero to do with that.

Bobby Hauck will be named next Griz coach. He flew in Monday night. Joint decision between Haslam and Stearns. Rumor he was headed to NAU until they brought back Jerome. When that deal fell through UofM moved fast to get Bobby.

IntuitiveGriz said:

Tough shit. He's a turncoat in my opinion, just like Joe Glen, who left to take a cell phone call during the post season awards banquet (from Wyoming) and never came back, and Bobby Hauck, who dumped the Griz like a used condom when the first (or worst) FBS team came calling.

Bobby tripled his salary and made the move to gain some financial security for his family. Can't hold that against him. Ty on the other hand made a lateral move to the Cats. I like Ty but can't respect that decision. He could have went just about anywhere else at this level and he chose the fu***ng Cats. I don't see him ever being welcome back here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

How about an ex-Griz player that has ties with Don Read and Mick Dennehy, that also coached the Griz for about eight years on the defensive side (LBs): http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/reeves_david00.html

ccgrz said:
Bobby tripled his salary and made the move to gain some financial security for his family. Can't hold that against him. Ty on the other hand made a lateral move to the Cats. I like Ty but can't respect that decision. He could have went just about anywhere else at this level and he chose the fu***ng Cats. I don't see him ever being welcome back here.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Ty made his bed and burned that bridge with UM and alot of the fan base...he may be a good guy...but he's a cat now, fuck him...yes Bobby made money for the family, but got out of town knowing what was coming down the pipe for the new coach that came in... if he would have waited..a better offer would have come through...knowing that UNLV was a dead end job, really..going to make a difference at a crap program only known for B-ball.....HA!

One of the radio shows (Slim Kimel) mentioned Kraig Paulson as a possibility. Not sure if it's been mentioned here, but thought it was interesting

Back