• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coaching Search Starts

San Diego State plays their last game Friday night so if Hauck is hired it would be hard to introduce him until their season is over. Do I know if he has been hired or offered? Nope but one would think he would be present at the announcement if he was.

nzone said:
San Diego State plays their last game Friday night so if Hauck is hired it would be hard to introduce him until their season is over. Do I know if he has been hired or offered? Nope but one would think he would be present at the announcement if he was.

Someone in the AD would leak before that.

There will NOT be a hiring committee or a national search. From what I hear this thing is done..who is it? Idk. I would guess either BH or TG from
The quickness of the process

If it is TG then I think Kent has made a mistake. There is no reason to believe TG is a better head coach than Stitt. I have nothing against TG he is a passionate DC and may make a great HC someday but there is not enough evidence to not renew Stitt in favor of TG.

cmtgrizzly said:
If it is TG then I think Kent has made a mistake. There is no reason to believe TG is a better head coach than Stitt. I have nothing against TG he is a passionate DC and may make a great HC someday but there is not enough evidence to not renew Stitt in favor of TG.

Like I said, that would be a guess. Reason is if it happens this quick...it has to be someone they are already in love with and know. So either BH because no need to interview him or TG...they already knew what he was. I personally think there is NO way they would take back TG, that and I think TG will coach MSU when Choate fails

ike I said, that would be a guess. Reason is if it happens this quick...it has to be someone they are already in love with and know. So either BH because no need to interview him or TG...they already knew what he was. I personally think there is NO way they would take back TG, that and I think TG will coach MSU when Choate fails

mtgrizfankb said:
ike I said, that would be a guess. Reason is if it happens this quick...it has to be someone they are already in love with and know. So either BH because no need to interview him or TG...they already knew what he was. I personally think there is NO way they would take back TG, that and I think TG will coach MSU when Choate fails

Oh, got ya. I agree, if they made a decision already I think Hauck is the choice i.e. Someone they know already.

AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:
If it were TG, I, a 65-year Griz fan, would be gone.

Literally the ONLY hire that would make me take the same action.

If your boss was ruining your reputation as a professional by putting you into impossible positions to succeed, and you had a chance to relocate, do the same job, for a similar company (which happens to be a competitor) and keep your family in the same general area, would you not take it?

You guys like to bastardize him, but he did the right thing. He didn’t leave Montana. He left a bad shit crazy boss who was ruining his career. I’d welcome him back in a heartbeat.

Amen, '41.

I am not saying Ty should be hired, but if he throws his hat in the ring, he should definitely be considered, and frankly, given his experience as GRIZ DC and as the captain of a D that whipped us the last 2 years, he would be a strong candidate !!!

Not sure if it has been mentioned or not, but I’ve heard a couple people talking about Jeff Fisher being interested in the position.

He was a terrible NFL coach, but I wonder how we could do in the big sky conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wbtfg said:
Not sure if it has been mentioned or not, but I’ve heard a couple people talking about Jeff Fisher being interested in the position.

He was a terrible NFL coach, but I wonder how we could do in the big sky conference.

I have heard Brandon is interested. Not Jeff

wbtfg said:

Do you think Choate is a terrible FCS coach? Because Fisher has a better winning percentage at the NFL level then Choate does at the FCS level.

41GrizFan said:
AZGrizFan said:
'68griz said:
If it were TG, I, a 65-year Griz fan, would be gone.

Literally the ONLY hire that would make me take the same action.

If your boss was ruining your reputation as a professional by putting you into impossible positions to succeed, and you had a chance to relocate, do the same job, for a similar company (which happens to be a competitor) and keep your family in the same general area, would you not take it?

You guys like to bastardize him, but he did the right thing. He didn’t leave Montana. He left a bad shit crazy boss who was ruining his career. I’d welcome him back in a heartbeat.

I think we're all well aware that Stitt and Ty was never going to work. And I was one of the one's who was crushed when Ty left. But would you care to elaborate on how Stitt managed to ruin his career in nine months? That seems a bit dramatic. I know there were issues, and Stitt was defintiely to blame for some of them, but "trying to ruin his career"???

billingsgriz said:
Amen, '41.

I am not saying Ty should be hired, but if he throws his hat in the ring, he should definitely be considered, and frankly, given his experience as GRIZ DC and as the captain of a D that whipped us the last 2 years, he would be a strong candidate !!!

You guys have got to be kidding. There would be plenty of better candidates than TG to be the head coach. The only person it can be is BH based on what happened with NAU as well. There are a few other people on a list somewhere that would be higher up than TG. He may get there some day, but he's not quite HC material. Soon, with a bit more seasoning.

wbtfg said:

Jeff is not interested. Brandon is but HC for us at this point is out of his league

kemajic said:
Recognize the AD has a protocol he has to abide by. Official search, interview minority candidates, etc. He could have his man and it could still take some time.

That's not really how it works. From what I've gathered, the protocol of the search is usually left to the discretion of the university president. There is a conversation between the AD and the president and they decide how to proceed. Each of the last three searches have been different

Back