• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Coaching Search Starts

exsaint said:
Hauck makes 350k. Get real unless AD and Griz Athletics cough up$$$. Bobby H will be next SD Coach when Long retires.

AD fires Head Coach to save his own job. Bad deal this was done without a plan.

350k in San Diego = about $220k in Missoula. :lol:

MTGRZ said:
kemajic said:
Recognize the AD has a protocol he has to abide by. Official search, interview minority candidates, etc. He could have his man and it could still take some time.
Thank you for bringing some sanity to this. Funny how so many people don't know how any of this works but are quick to make judgements and proclamations.
+1

And, BTW, even if Hauck is "his man," nothing public will happen at least until the end of the regular season for San Diego State. Distractions in team preparation not welcome. Bowl game, not so much.

MTGRZ said:
kemajic said:
Recognize the AD has a protocol he has to abide by. Official search, interview minority candidates, etc. He could have his man and it could still take some time.

Thank you for bringing some sanity to this. Funny how so many people don't know how any of this works but are quick to make judgements and proclamations.
Is there a “Rooney Rule” in college football?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTGRZ said:
kemajic said:

Pretty certain most everyone is aware of what Kem said. That's common knowledge.

What we are emphasizing is if Kent didn't already have a firm candidate that wanted the job and would satisfy (for the time being) most boosters and fans, it likely wasn't the best move to fire a winning coach with high moral values and one that has done a great job keeping the kids out trouble to search blindly for one that may do as well or better at those things and improve our win/loss record.

Charade.....look it up.

Imagine getting Bobby Hauck back and having our players drafted again into the NFL. This stopped after Bobbies players graduated. We had a great run on draft day for awhile...

AZGrizFan said:
exsaint said:
Hauck makes 350k. Get real unless AD and Griz Athletics cough up$$$. Bobby H will be next SD Coach when Long retires.

350k in San Diego = about $220k in Missoula. :lol:

I was just going to say the same thing..

Xgriz96 said:
Don’t think he is on Haslems radar yet. Spoke to him today and we are trying to get Haslem to talk to him. Although, he doesn’t have any real booster support yet we will see.

Cool. Cant hurt to have more options. Seems like Syracuse had some good wins this year?

exsaint said:

Rocky Long base salary as head coach is $210,000 with incentives, some attainable, some not attainable, he could recieve up to another $590,000. I doubt any assistant is getting $350,000.

billgrizfan said:
exsaint said:

Rocky Long base salary as head coach is $210,000 with incentives, some attainable, some not attainable, he could recieve up to another $590,000. I doubt any assistant is getting $350,000.

USA Today has BH listed at 200k a year with 99k in bonus. So he’s probably banking 250-275ish I would guess

Nuanez said on 102.9 yesterday that UM is Brandon Fisher's dream job and assumed he is currently interested.

That would be a bold hire, but pretty unlikely at this point I assume. Although down the road, I could see him coaching at Montana. Maybe pretty soon under Hauck.. DC?

Side story – went to business school with him and we had a couple classes together. For a mgmt comm class (I believe) we had to build resumes for one project. We all just laughed at how insane his was. He’s a good dude. Very talented and very smart.

mtgrizfankb said:
billgrizfan said:
exsaint said:

USA Today has BH listed at 200k a year with 99k in bonus. So he’s probably banking 250-275ish I would guess
[/quo

It would depend on how much of the bonus was attainable. Like with Rocky part of the bonus is a National Championship, Coach of the Year, APR over 950, etc. They will get some for winning the MWC and the bowl appearance. I think maybe more in the $225,000 to $260,000 range. Also, all bonuses are paid for by outside sources.

griz5700 said:
Nuanez said on 102.9 yesterday that UM is Brandon Fisher's dream job and assumed he is currently interested.

That would be a bold hire, but pretty unlikely at this point I assume. Although down the road, I could see him coaching at Montana. Maybe pretty soon under Hauck.. DC?

Side story – went to business school with him and we had a couple classes together. For a mgmt comm class (I believe) we had to build resumes for one project. We all just laughed at how insane his was. He’s a good dude. Very talented and very smart.

Didnt think of him. You think he is ready for a DC job at Montana or do you think position coach and go from there?

griz5700 said:

Probably would be a decent DC selection but no way is he ready for a HC gig

cmtgrizzly said:
griz5700 said:

Didnt think of him. You think he is ready for a DC job at Montana or do you think position coach and go from there?

He was a position coach in the NFL, doubt he would come to be another position coach at the FCS

mtgrizfankb said:
cmtgrizzly said:
griz5700 said:

He was a position coach in the NFL, doubt he would come to be another position coach at the FCS

Got ya! Thanks. So probably looking for a HC spot for him

For a few that don't get the cost of living concept might want to learn a little before popping off........and it has nothing to do with "quality of life either"

Median home values…. San Diego $535,000 Missoula $249,000

Cost of Living Comparison:
San Diego, California - Missoula, Montana
Change cities
A salary of $300,000 in San Diego, California could decrease to $196,988 in Missoula, Montana
Cost of Living Indexes
San Diego Missoula
Overall 166 109
Food 106.8 106.1
Housing 291.9 122.7
Utilities 101.1 99.4
Transportation 112.1 98.3
Health 110.9 108.9
Miscellaneous 102.7 102.1
100=national average

Angus McClure UCLA
Many schools, including his Alma Mater, Sacramento State, are looking at this guy. Not only has he coached offense, defense, and special teams in the Pac 12 for the last 11 years, he has been the head of recruiting. Word is he owns California and the West Coast when it comes to his recruiting. Nebraska tried to lure him back last year, equally for coaching and recruiting.

Haslem... Go find that guy!

[tweet]https://twitter.com/THEPROCESSFball/status/933024702003630080[/tweet]

I have heard from 2 sources inside the Department that an offer has been made already and everyone is expecting it to get out soon. What “soon” is? Idk

GrizGeneral said:
I like the idea of a younger coach...but Kaine (34) may be a bit too young to handle a program with this level of expectations.

I think the youth movement has worked out ok in Oklahoma.

Back