• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Way Too Early Look at 2020 Schedule

What amazes me about some of you folks is...you believe that none of the teams on our schedule will improve from this year to next? I don't think our schedule is a cake walk. I do not like the D2 team on it at all, but I never do.

mr_bolo said:
What a garbage sched; I’m gonna give serious thought to not renewing my season tickets!
That’s incredibly horrible. What kind of fan are you? It’s alright, we'll have fun at cat Griz without you.

Bobcats
Long Island W
@ Utah L
Dixie State W
@ PSU W
UNC L
CPSLO W
@ Weber St L
Idaho State W
@ EWU W
Idaho W
@ UM L
7-4
While the Griz go undefeated ranked #3 in the country. bobcats somehow ranked higher than they should be at #11.

jcu27 said:
Bobcats
Long Island W
@ Utah L
Dixie State W
@ PSU W
UNC L
CPSLO W
@ Weber St L
Idaho State W
@ EWU W
Idaho W
@ UM L
7-4
While the Griz go undefeated ranked #3 in the country. bobcats somehow ranked higher than they should be at #11.
Cats are going to lose to a team with a guy who's never done any sort of coaching at the collegiate level? Not seeing that one.

jcu27 said:
Bobcats
Long Island W
@ Utah L
Dixie State W
@ PSU W
UNC L<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
CPSLO W
@ Weber St L
Idaho State W
@ EWU W
Idaho W
@ UM L
7-4

You lost me right there.

grizindabox said:
jcu27 said:
Bobcats
Long Island W
@ Utah L
Dixie State W
@ PSU W
UNC L<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
CPSLO W
@ Weber St L
Idaho State W
@ EWU W
Idaho W
@ UM L
7-4

You lost me right there.

:lol: :lol:

reinell30 said:
What amazes me about some of you folks is...you believe that none of the teams on our schedule will improve from this year to next? I don't think our schedule is a cake walk. I do not like the D2 team on it at all, but I never do.

Nope. Not the bottom dwellers. There’s three games to worry about and they’re all at home. It sets up nicely.

The only good team is Sac. St.

I don't think I'll even watch the first game. Is there even a point?

Cuervohola said:

Most of the time I don't love playing a D2 but considering we will be debuting a new starting QB (whoever it ends up being), I am actually glad it's on the schedule next year.

Da Boyz Mom said:
Cuervohola said:

Most of the time I don't love playing a D2 but considering we will be debuting a new starting QB (whoever it ends up being), I am actually glad it's on the schedule next year.

I can't get past it. I'm sure I'll be fine on Sept. 1, but as of now, they make us wait 8 plus months for D2. I was preaching about how Kennesaw St. had a soft schedule with 2 NAIA teams, but were ranked 4th for a lot of the season.

Now, I won't be able to talk smack about the Griz being ranked high after their next 3 games after CWU, with opponent records of 1-10, 5-7 and 3-8. Sure, those teams might be better...

To me, D2 means somebody wasn't doing their job. CWU played teams twice last season.

Cuervohola said:
SubGriz said:
Cuervohola said:

It's Griz football. Is that even a real question?

It's barely an opposing scrimmage.

Can you hear it now, "Welcome back to WA-GRIZ it's now the start of the 4th quarter".

Cuervohola said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Cuervohola said:

I can't get past it. I'm sure I'll be fine on Sept. 1, but as of now, they make us wait 8 plus months for D2. I was preaching about how Kennesaw St. had a soft schedule with 2 NAIA teams, but were ranked 4th for a lot of the season.

Now, I won't be able to talk smack about the Griz being ranked high after their next 3 games after CWU, with opponent records of 1-10, 5-7 and 3-8. Sure, those teams might be better...

To me, D2 means somebody wasn't doing their job. CWU played teams twice last season.
Scheduling for an FCS team out west isn't as easy as you seem to think it is.

Htowngriz said:
Cuervohola said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Cuervohola said:

Scheduling for an FCS team out west isn't as easy as you seem to think it is.

Not to mention, it’s CWU. Some years they would be competitive in the BSC. Last season they played Idaho closer than Poly or ISU and finished 7-4.

Cuervohola said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Cuervohola said:

Feel free to offer your services in building the next schedule by finding a replacement for Central Washington.

MikeyGriz said:
Cuervohola said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
Cuervohola said:

Feel free to offer your services in building the next schedule by finding a replacement for Central Washington.

Seriously!!! Finding an FCS team willing to come to wa Griz is a thought feat. If they do, they want a home and home and it doesn’t make a ton of sense unless it improves our future SOS. Teams don’t want to come here. Don’t want to pay to fly into Missoula or travel for a day plus on the bus. They don’t want to not get a home game out of it and they don’t want get a probably loss on top of all of it

mtgrizfankb said:
MikeyGriz said:
Cuervohola said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Seriously!!! Finding an FCS team willing to come to wa Griz is a thought feat. If they do, they want a home and home and it doesn’t make a ton of sense unless it improves our future SOS. Teams don’t want to come here. Don’t want to pay to fly into Missoula or travel for a day plus on the bus. They don’t want to not get a home game out of it and they don’t want get a probably loss on top of all of it

I don't think that is accurate. Lots of okay to lesser teams seem to fine with getting all expenses paid and some extra money to come to Missoula for one game. Yes, the better programs want home and homes. Is UM going to Monmouth? Maybe. Is UM going to No. Alabama? Drake. Valparaiso. Savannah St. St. Francis. Miss Valley St. Albany in the past.

You're all talking about 1-AA, which is fine, I would take a home/home with JMU in a second... Same with the Fargoes, but they are scared to come here after last time.

I was talking about 1-A... Michigan, Ohio St, etc...

Back