• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM vs. Davis Predictions

Ringneck said:
Mustangs 47
Grizzlies 24

UC-Davis puts on an offensive clinic, picking apart the Griz secondary, while the Griz offense finds itself having to fight for every yard. This is the week someone on the Griz D loses their cool and gets ejected for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. On the bright side, special teams punt coverage will get a lot of reps and opportunities to improve.

WTF?

Every team has a down game at least once in a season, and UCD hasn't had one yet. PR made a good point about their schedule to date, which doesn't seem particularly challenging (even though they did essentially blow everyone out except for ISU). We've had two weeks to heal up, fix our butterfingers, and prepare for them, and extra prep time has allowed us to beat one team already this year that we shouldn't have. We always seem to be the spoilee, and never the spoiler.

Fuck it, why not us?

Griz - 37
Aggies - 35

retiredpopo said:
Ringneck said:
Mustangs 47
Grizzlies 24

UC-Davis puts on an offensive clinic, picking apart the Griz secondary, while the Griz offense finds itself having to fight for every yard. This is the week someone on the Griz D loses their cool and gets ejected for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. On the bright side, special teams punt coverage will get a lot of reps and opportunities to improve.

WTF?

Mmm, which "W" are you "TF"ing?

Ringneck said:
retiredpopo said:
Ringneck said:
Mustangs 47
Grizzlies 24

WTF?

Griz D loses their cool..

retiredpopo said:
Ringneck said:
retiredpopo said:
Ringneck said:
Mustangs 47
Grizzlies 24

WTF?

Griz D loses their cool..

Oh, just making far-fetched prognostications, that's all. I think UC-Davis comes out fast and furious this week and leaves the defense in tatters early. I know the Griz defense hasn't exactly been put in a position to succeed recently, but after the last two weeks' of disappointments I could see a frustrated and undisciplined player lash out on the field against an opponent. I'm not hoping for that, obviously, but I could see the pressure of adversity finally leading to stupid decisions.

I'm going to assume we don't put the ball on the ground/throw to the wrong jerseys the whole first quarter and come out with some fire, keep it close but ultimately fall a little short 24-34.

First and foremost: Bobcats Suck.

Second and sadly: so do we.

The aggies are going to run us ragged and I fear we are going to get rolled. I expect Eastwood to crack to 40+ yard stunners that end up with him crossing the into the end zone. Then, we likely get to garbage scores late in the 4th quarter maybe a TD and a long FG.

Mighty Griz 21
UC Davis 61

DO gets over 15 tackles.

That's about the only prediction I am willing to make for this game. Honestly who the fu@k knows what will happen. This year is nuts.

I got to tell ya, Bobby has put up with enough BS the last three weeks. You will see a different team! Will it be enough to stop the high scoring in UCD? Yes it will.
This crowd better involved in this game! The normal scream is not even loud any more, it is just a noise, a tone that can be tuned out. The crowd in the Sac state game was loud and it needs to be that way all game this week.

Griz win!

39-33

Hello, lurker here from the Aggie boards.

Super tough game for us, but if there are the remotest questions about the Griz secondary then any projection of holding Davis to under 40 is historically unrealistic. I'm going 42-35 Aggies, but it could easily go the other way with Griz home field advantage.

I’ll make a bold statement here and say that Davis is over rated. They finished 5-6 last year. They have played two FBS games. I think it’s really hard to judge an fcs team based on fbs play-up games. Especially when said teams are very bad, and very good at their level, respectively. Beyond SJSU and Stanford, they have a good win over San Diego and a come from behind overtime win against an ISU team that is still a bit of a mystery. Looking past those two games, Davis has pretty much beat up on the bottom of the BSC. The bulk of their season is still in front of them, and we’ll see over the next few weeks what they are really made of. I like the wounded Grizzly bear at home and coming off a bye to win this one in a thriller. Griz win it with a game ending drive for a touch down.

Griz 38
Aggies 35

I'll be brief and quick.
No way in hell Bobby ball let's UCD come into Wash-Griz stadium and lay the lumber. UCD is very very good this year, but after a bye week I see a refocused Griz team and staff. This is the Big Sky Conf., and good teams at home will show up. I like the Griz 35-31 and I wont even call it an upset, it's what the Griz should JUST DO!! Give em hell.

Back