• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM has top players transferring in, Cats have top players transferring out

I cannot take you seriously when you say that he played poorly when he got one handoff play and one hail mary that was never going to work, anyways. He was not given the chance to play better. That may be because of his play in other games, but to suggest it's because of anything that happened in that game is ridiculous.
Also interesting to question injuries. He was obviously injured before NDSU which makes me think he either was hurt before cat gris or got hurt in it. That could explain his limited playing time.

TV does a decent job but yes I agree not perfect. I’m just saying that Chambers seemed to really struggle against the GRIZ D and thats why I think he only played 2 snaps. I don’t think a hand off that gets blown up is always the qb’s fault… maybe block the guy 😂
Seems to me the wine guy really struggled against the GRIZ defense

Well, we had a better punter the next year who was also an all american, so who cares?
Really? , better than a guy who transferred up to big ten program?..

Do tell what team, is that kid kicking for now?..

Who cares?.. hauck better care for one..

You like it when a former all American is blasting your coach publicly?

1) No he didn't. Show me where he individually trashed Bobby Hauck? I saw the tweets back then. Didn't see him name Hauck. He also deleted them and shut up, so he obviously wasn't trashing anyone publicly.

2) nobody cares about a one year punter from years ago, that we easily moved on from. That insult isn't landing like you think it is.

Really? , better than a guy who transferred up to big ten program?..

Do tell what team, is that kid kicking for now?..

Who cares?.. hauck better care for one..

Elrod already pointed out that he never blasted the coach, he was a prima donna who thought he was too good for our team (didn't practice with them, didn't want to be associated with them, was all about himself).

Also, Patrick Rohrbach, the better punter, joined the air force, otherwise he'd probably still be the all-american FCS punter of the year.

This is an unpopular take, but I'm being serious. I have long wondered if the WORST thing that could have happened to them as a program was Tommy taking over for McKay and leading them to the natty like he did. He is such a great person, such a hard worker, and such a damn good leader that everyone was so excited to anoint the Montana boy as the hero that MSU deserved that there was no going back. He was immediately the talk of ever Cat fan in the state.

They brought in Chambers, who I think was objectively better as a QB, but they couldn't bench Tommy or move him. So they had to tailor the entire offense around Tommy's strengths and limitations. Another NFL QB on the roster? Can't even let it be a competition. Tommy is the guy. Tommy goes out hurt and Chambers shines? Heck no to giving the ball to Chambers, everyone agrees that this is Tommy's team.

And what is Vigen going to do? He is too feckless to punish or first his own coordinators when they do some incredibly egregious illegal activities and put lives at risk in their community. He's not the man to stand up to his own fan base and say "hell no, I'm the coach, and I build the roster." It was the perfect storm of a wonderful kid who deserves all of the credit he gets as a person, and a coach who knows he should be running a different offense but cannot bring himself to.

Tommy Mellot as a leader is one of the best things that could have happened to MSU. Tommy Mellott as the unquestioned QB locked them in to a style of football that seems to leave it impossible for them to really throw the ball. And, sometimes, you get down by multiple touchdowns and you need to throw the ball.

I don't think I've ever agreed with a post more than this one.

"His limited snaps in the game were caused by his injuries he suffered in the 4th quarter of the same game in mop up duty"

Bro, do you hear yourself?
What makes you think he got hurt in the 4th quarter? I think there is a chance he was either previously injured or got hurt on his early snaps. He only “ran twice” aka sacks and was 0/3, I don’t remember him playing garbage time but I don’t want to remember much from that game.

Back