• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

UM has top players transferring in, Cats have top players transferring out

Right, but you are not following the conversation. I get that you are responding to a lot of people, but that was kind of part of my point. They built an entire offense to avoid the pass for the last few years because Tommy is untouchable. Not because of his abilities as a pure QB, but for his leadership and the way he is adored among the fanbase and teammates.
To add to my Bauman discussion… he threw under 50% while at MSU and had 85 attempts. Thats why he didn’t play much imo

I have a feeling you've heard people talking about you that way alot in your life.

Is that what coach Bobby said after former all American punter for the griz, Brian buschini absoluly torched coach Bobby and the griz program on his way leaving the griz?
Well, we had a better punter the next year who was also an all american, so who cares?

This is the Chambers clips from camp (yes it’s a tiktok its all I could find)

I don't think you know what you are looking at, bud. Without time to build the timing with receivers, those always look bad. Look back at the clips of Tua underthrowing Hill, or recently Williams being off target with Keenan Allen. Same reason I don't judge new QBs in a spring game. They didn't have the timing or the scheme down, no shame in that.

I also don't think Chambers is an NFL level talent. I just think he is a much better pure QB than Tommy Mellott, though I always give TONS of praise to Tommy for the things he can do and the leadership he shows. Kid is all class. Not trying to trash him, he just isn't the passer a lot of other QBs are at this level.

I don't think you know what you are looking at, bud. Without time to build the timing with receivers, those always look bad. Look back at the clips of Tua underthrowing Hill, or recently Williams being off target with Keenan Allen. Same reason I don't judge new QBs in a spring game. They didn't have the timing or the scheme down, no shame in that.

I also don't think Chambers is an NFL level talent. I just think he is a much better pure QB than Tommy Mellott, though I always give TONS of praise to Tommy for the things he can do and the leadership he shows. Kid is all class. Not trying to trash him, he just isn't the passer a lot of other QBs are at this level.
Yeah I agree but there is a reason he got cut. I think Chambers was good but I think Tommy was a highly intelligent and very talented player who was the best qb1.

Yes, because the offense was suited to his game. That's the whole point Elrod is making here. He wasn't QB1 because he was a better passer.
I think both were mediocre passers. But what separates them was decision making. I watched every cat game this year and can guarantee that Chambers threw more bad interceptions… one that comes to mind was a BAD one against SDSU. Another bad decision was right before half in cat gris. I don’t believe Tommy had as many poor mistakes.

Yeah I agree but there is a reason he got cut. I think Chambers was good but I think Tommy was a highly intelligent and very talented player who was the best qb1.
You're right in that I don't think Chambers was some world beating QB that should be in the NFL either. I just think he is a better QB than Tommy for on field skills. You are welcome to your opinion, and we can agree to disagree on which of them has the better arm.

My point, though, is that they damned themselves to being stuck in this offensive scheme in 2022 and 2023 to make sure Tommy keeps his spot.

I think both were mediocre passers. But what separates them was decision making. I watched every cat game this year and can guarantee that Chambers threw more bad interceptions… one that comes to mind was a BAD one against SDSU. Another bad decision was right before half in cat gris. I don’t believe Tommy had as many poor mistakes.
In person? The TV sometimes doesn't do a good job of showing everything that happens on a play.

If you're going to crucify Chambers for one play where his OL got absolutely trashed and he had to run for his life, then I can trash Tommy for his awful decision making right before the missed field goal where he couldn't get people aligned, and then handed off to a RB that was already in Riley Wilson's arms.

You're literally doing what Elrod's whole point was about by falling on your sword making stupid statements in defense of Tommy.

You're right in that I don't think Chambers was some world beating QB that should be in the NFL either. I just think he is a better QB than Tommy for on field skills. You are welcome to your opinion, and we can agree to disagree on which of them has the better arm.

My point, though, is that they damned themselves to being stuck in this offensive scheme in 2022 and 2023 to make sure Tommy keeps his spot.
I think the scheme the created was fun but it must change now. The the cats have incredible and I mean incredible rb talent (Davis (sr), White (so), Humphrey (so), Elliott (sr), Jones (fr?)). Point is I think with the wr talent (Alexander Jr (jr), McCullouch (sr), Dowler (so), Trimble (so)) I’d be surprised if the cats try to run Tommy less as far as designed stuff, there will be chances for qb option stuff but I think the run up the middle will go away. I could be wrong but I think the coaches will be crazy if they beat the crap out of Tommy with questions around the back up. I will say Reed has done well in games that he played and I expect him to get lots of garbage time this year to build for next year.

I think the scheme the created was fun but it must change now. The the cats have incredible and I mean incredible rb talent (Davis (sr), White (so), Humphrey (so), Elliott (sr), Jones (fr?)). Point is I think with the wr talent (Alexander Jr (jr), McCullouch (sr), Dowler (so), Trimble (so)) I’d be surprised if the cats try to run Tommy less as far as designed stuff, there will be chances for qb option stuff but I think the run up the middle will go away. I could be wrong but I think the coaches will be crazy if they beat the crap out of Tommy with questions around the back up. I will say Reed has done well in games that he played and I expect him to get lots of garbage time this year to build for next year.
Well, I guess this season will answer a lot, then, about our debate. I look forward to seeing how it goes. :)

Also, I saw your PM and responded to you. I think you meant 21 DAYS, not 21 GAMES.

In person? The TV sometimes doesn't do a good job of showing everything that happens on a play.

If you're going to crucify Chambers for one play where his OL got absolutely trashed and he had to run for his life, then I can trash Tommy for his awful decision making right before the missed field goal where he couldn't get people aligned, and then handed off to a RB that was already in Riley Wilson's arms.

You're literally doing what Elrod's whole point was about by falling on your sword making stupid statements in defense of Tommy.
TV does a decent job but yes I agree not perfect. I’m just saying that Chambers seemed to really struggle against the gris d and thats why I think he only played 2 snaps. I don’t think a hand off that gets blown up is always the qb’s fault… maybe block the guy 😂

Well, I guess this season will answer a lot, then, about our debate. I look forward to seeing how it goes. :)

Also, I saw your PM and responded to you. I think you meant 21 DAYS, not 21 GAMES.
Yes 21 days, there aren’t 21 games and if I said games I meant days as that is the high school rule.

TV does a decent job but yes I agree not perfect. I’m just saying that Chambers seemed to really struggle against the gris d and thats why I think he only played 2 snaps. I don’t think a hand off that gets blown up is always the qb’s fault… maybe block the guy 😂
I cannot take you seriously when you say that he played poorly when he got one handoff play and one hail mary that was never going to work, anyways. He was not given the chance to play better. That may be because of his play in other games, but to suggest it's because of anything that happened in that game is ridiculous.

Yes 21 days, there aren’t 21 games and if I said games I meant days as that is the high school rule.
That is a much less wild statement, then, and I don't doubt your honesty on the subject at that point. Totally normal. I'd be curious how his HS coaches found out unless he self-reported, but if there are no criminal charges and a kid gets a 21 day HS sports suspension in the location that you mentioned, that is the smallest slap on the wrist they have other than ignoring it completely. I don't find it offensive if a kid goes on a recruiting trip, and the older students let him go to a party. That has been happening at nearly every school for decades, and I'm sure there are many similar stories of kids at MSU.

Latest posts

Back