• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Time to Face the Facts: There Ain’t Gonna be Fall Football

Will there be fall football in the Big Sky Conference in 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • No

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Bobcats Suck

Votes: 38 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
grizindabox said:
Let me ask this. How can someone prevent dying in an auto accident? How can someone prevent dying from a heart attack? How can someone prevent dying from the flu? How can someone prevent dying from Covid?

Tear down the 5G towers, of course

grizindabox said:
Let me ask this. How can someone prevent dying in an auto accident? How can someone prevent dying from a heart attack? How can someone prevent dying from the flu? How can someone prevent dying from Covid?

never realized the explanation was so simple
Wear seat belts and don't drink and drive.
Eat right and exercise.
Get the vaccine and stay healthy.
Wear a mask, don't go stupid on us, Covid attacks other organs in the body so contributes to death (in a big way)

alabamagrizzly said:
mcg said:
151,000 and counting.

Ya but how many of those were from car wrecks or gun shots or from falling of a roof? Seriously though, how many of those were actually from heart disease, lung disease, or diabetes? Has ANYONE actually died from just COVID?
Probably one hell of a lot more than 150,000. Many people have died at home from supposedly natural causes that didnt have health insurance. None of them are included.

ilovethecats said:
Spanky2 said:
Well, cats there is almost half of the year left and the US is at 151,000 deaths. Hard to tell but it could come close to 300,000 by year end. Would that be serious in your view?

Well it depends. If it goes the exact way it has for 6 months then it MIGHT total car accident deaths EVERY year. Do you consider car accidents serious? Are you willing to keep adjusting your life until these deaths go way down?

Next, they won’t get as high as car accident deaths. Or heart disease deaths. Or pneumonia deaths. Or cancer deaths.

Finally, as horribilis astutely pointed out, those 151,000 deaths are likely overblown. That, or we’ve suddenly found a cure for all those ailments as they are all down in regards of death. You don’t find that odd? Lol.

So to answer your question, I’d consider it serious. Like I consider cancer and suicide serious. Or heart disease and car accidents. All serious, all result in deaths which sucks. But no, I won’t consider this virus MORE serious if that’s what you’re asking. Especially when it’ll result in fewer deaths than we see from the others every single year.
We've been hearing you're stupid schtick on here all year. If you don't want to expose yourself to covid then stay home right? I like to drink and drive, I also like to bring grenades to school, I like to speed through school zones. I like to pimp chicks with aids. I like to yell fire in a movie theatre and if you don't like it frickin' stay home. I have my rights.

grizindabox said:

Well if we take the response of Covid we could close businesses and schools and make everyone stay home and that will drastically help Covid, the flu and car accidents. I’d go longer though. If we make everyone stay inside for months or years so many deaths will go down.

For cars I think we just take them away. If we are going to let people have them then make all cars unable to go faster than 25 mph. That would drastically effect car accidents.

For things like heart disease I think we ban all fast food places to start. Also could put a ban on alcohol and red meat. We should also start requiring all people to exercise at least an hour a day. This we would drastically impact heart disease deaths.

Honestly it’s really easy to come up with these solutions. As long as people are willing to stop living how they want, we could really have an impact on deaths.

AZGrizFan said:
ilovethecats said:
And 330,000+ will die in the US in a car accident like every year. But that doesn't matter.... :coffee:

Uh...I think you dropped a decimal point bro. It’s more like 38,000-40,000 annually....

:lol:

My fault. I was looking at world stats. My point stands though! But yes, about 40,000 in the US.

indian-outlaw said:
ilovethecats said:
Well it depends. If it goes the exact way it has for 6 months then it MIGHT total car accident deaths EVERY year. Do you consider car accidents serious? Are you willing to keep adjusting your life until these deaths go way down?

Next, they won’t get as high as car accident deaths. Or heart disease deaths. Or pneumonia deaths. Or cancer deaths.

Finally, as horribilis astutely pointed out, those 151,000 deaths are likely overblown. That, or we’ve suddenly found a cure for all those ailments as they are all down in regards of death. You don’t find that odd? Lol.

So to answer your question, I’d consider it serious. Like I consider cancer and suicide serious. Or heart disease and car accidents. All serious, all result in deaths which sucks. But no, I won’t consider this virus MORE serious if that’s what you’re asking. Especially when it’ll result in fewer deaths than we see from the others every single year.
We've been hearing you're stupid schtick on here all year. If you don't want to expose yourself to covid then stay home right? I like to drink and drive, I also like to bring grenades to school, I like to speed through school zones. I like to pimp chicks with aids. I like to yell fire in a movie theatre and if you don't like it frickin' stay home. I have my rights.

Ha. My schtick is stupid and then you use those examples. :lol:

Honestly that’s awesome.

Hey by all means if this virus is as scary for you as grenades in a school I won’t argue with you! To me it’s as scary as someone bringing the flu to a school. :thumb:

ilovethecats said:
AZGrizFan said:
Uh...I think you dropped a decimal point bro. It’s more like 38,000-40,000 annually....

:lol:

My fault. I was looking at world stats. My point stands though! But yes, about 40,000 in the US.

Yea figures don't lie, but liars figure.

ilovethecats said:
grizindabox said:

Well if we take the response of Covid we could close businesses and schools and make everyone stay home and that will drastically help Covid, the flu and car accidents. I’d go longer though. If we make everyone stay inside for months or years so many deaths will go down.

For cars I think we just take them away. If we are going to let people have them then make all cars unable to go faster than 25 mph. That would drastically effect car accidents.

For things like heart disease I think we ban all fast food places to start. Also could put a ban on alcohol and red meat. We should also start requiring all people to exercise at least an hour a day. This we would drastically impact heart disease deaths.

Honestly it’s really easy to come up with these solutions. As long as people are willing to stop living how they want, we could really have an impact on deaths.

Of course you would take to extremes, congrats.

grizindabox said:

The answer to that is take a gun and shoot yourself in the head and then you can stop worrying about how your going to prevent yourself from dying from the above.

grizindabox said:
ilovethecats said:

You just asked how we could prevent those things. I gave examples of how we could prevent those things. I didn’t say you had to love them! I know I don’t love seeing people having to close businesses, kids not going to school, or no sports or entertainment. But it’s what we have to do I guess.

You don’t think we could do more to prevent vehicle deaths or something like heart disease? What about a curfew for cars? We did one for corona. And more cars crashes happen at night. Is that extreme too? Even if it means saving lives?

ILTCS....Your analysis is laughable at best. Pretty good for entertainment purposes tho. Cat fans used to holler about winning at all cost. Now I hear play at all cost. I guess your consistent tho. :thumb:

bigkid said:
ILTCS....Your analysis is laughable at best. Pretty good for entertainment purposes tho. Cat fans used to holler about winning at all cost. Now I hear play at all cost. I guess your consistent tho. :thumb:

What does that even mean? Honestly.

I’m saying play at all costs? I used to say win at all costs?

What “analysis” is laughable?

TrueGriz said:
grizindabox said:

The answer to that is take a gun and shoot yourself in the head and then you can stop worrying about how your going to prevent yourself from dying from the above.

You're cute.

grizindabox said:
ilovethecats said:

Well we took COViD to the extreme to save a few lives. Why not the others? They are savable, its a function of what we’re willing to accept as “normal”.

After you put on your big boy pants (apparently women don’t wear big pants), which of your family members are you willing to cut loose?

AllWeatherFan said:
After you put on your big boy pants (apparently women don’t wear big pants), which of your family members are you willing to cut loose?

Why does anyone need to be " cut loose"?

Please explain how UM playing football would cause any extra people to die. One person has died in Missoula County so far.

Will a player die? A coach? A trainer? A ref?

If players don't play football, do you think they will stay home, be careful, and not infect anyone?

Do you think a player not playing football is less likely to get Covid and infect someone? If so, why?

I'd just like to hear some of your specifics. I'd like to know what you think.

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:

Well we took COViD to the extreme to save a few lives. Why not the others? They are savable, its a function of what we’re willing to accept as “normal”.

Probably because of the unknowns. But now they realize that masks and social distancing would be the best precautions until there is a vaccine...but you see how many people take that serious. Kind of like how the lack of personal responsibility can lead to vehicle deaths due to impairment, and heart disease due to poor personal life choices, etc. Of course, if people took Covid more seriously, we wouldn't have some people bitching about Covid and extreme measures still...but keep bitching.

"New cases doubled in Spain over the weekend and are up six-fold in a month."

As Spanish officials point out, flare-ups have occurred across Europe since countries reopened their borders and economies a month ago.

Germany recently reported an outbreak in Bavaria ....

France’s Directorate General of Health warned “the circulation of the virus is increasing” after the country recorded more than 200 outbreaks. France is recording twice as many new cases per day as two weeks ago and last week mandated masks in public spaces.

Australia’s new daily cases have increased 11-fold in the last month. Cases have increased though Australia’s government locked down Melbourne. Civil disobedience is rife. Nearly 90% of the infected didn’t isolate between the time they started showing symptoms and were tested. More than half of those infected didn’t isolate after being tested and when they got their results.

Japan and Hong Kong—both hailed as models of infection control—are also experiencing flare-ups tied to travelers and social gatherings. Japan’s daily new cases have increased six-fold in the last month. Hong Kong is reporting 136 new cases each day on average, up from two four weeks ago, and on Monday it banned dine-in restaurants and gatherings of more than two.

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe says he doesn’t believe it’s necessary to shut down businesses since most cases so far are among young people and hospitals have ample capacity. This is the same approach most Republican states are taking, and that Arizona, Texas and Florida took until some hospitals became strained.

Democrats blame the U.S. case surge on inadequate testing and contact tracing. But the U.S. has averaged two to three times more tests per capita than most European and Asian countries. Arizona, California, Florida, and Texas all were doing more tests per capita when they lifted their lockdowns than Germany, Spain, France and South Korea have averaged.

In any case, more testing and contact tracing won’t do much good if people don’t self-quarantine or can’t because they live with family in cramped housing. The latter is a problem in many U.S. hot spots.

Mandating face masks could reduce spread in public settings but isn’t a panacea, especially if young people don’t comply and ignore social distancing.

Spanish night clubs required face masks, but pictures showed young people wearing them on their chins. Most people in U.S. hot spots were wearing face masks before governments mandated them. According to global data firm Dynata, face mask use in early July was around 80% in Houston, southeast Florida and New York City.

2. "Amid the post-lockdown flare-ups, it’s worth revisiting Sweden, which has been widely criticized for never closing businesses and primary schools. Cases have been falling over the past month after a modest uptick in June due to more testing. Only 27 patients have died in the last week, fewer per capita than New York.

America’s liberals cite Sweden’s relatively high death rate (56 per 100,000 compared to 45.1 in France and 35.8 in the Netherlands). But two-thirds of deaths have been among those over age 80, and 97% never received intensive-care treatment. Blame Sweden’s socialized health system, which rationed treatment for the elderly even though ICUs were never overwhelmed.

Source: Wall St. Journal editorial today.

[Is Trump running all these countries?]

Back