• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Hits Keep Coming for the Cats….

Da Boyz Mom said:
WHY does every single thread have to get hijacked and lead to a massive disagreement? This thread is about the bad behavior of Cat coaches and how MSU is not handling it properly. That's something all Griz fans should be able to agree on.

Maybe ask Everett and Wolf. They derailed it.

Wolf777 said:
mthoopsfan said:
“People get dui’s. Sometimes they are not much over the limit, which is too low in my view, and not impaired.”

Guess we must have misunderstood you PR, and all this discussion about that 0.08 was moot. :roll:

My statement was 100% accurate.

“I am more concerned about how MSU has (mis)handled these things so far, and how many other mistakes-issues these coaches have made, than either dui. People get dui’s. Sometimes they are not much over the limit, which is too low in my view, and not impaired.”

Da Boyz Mom said:
WHY does every single thread have to get hijacked and lead to a massive disagreement? This thread is about the bad behavior of Cat coaches and how MSU is not handling it properly. That's something all Griz fans should be able to agree on.

Fair enough. Drunk driving is bad. Wrecking a university provided vehicle while doing it is worse. Trying to weasel out of it and cover it up using a coworker with a suspended license is beyond ridiculous. This is a PR nightmare but somehow will get swept under the rug due to a good old boy mentality and recent on field success.

Wolf777 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Fair enough. Drunk driving is bad. Wrecking a university provided vehicle while doing it is worse. Trying to weasel out of it and cover it up using a coworker with a suspended license is beyond ridiculous. This is a PR nightmare but somehow will get swept under the rug due to a good old boy mentality and recent on field success.

You think wrecking a university vehicle is worse than drunk driving? That is pretty funny.

mthoopsfan said:
Wolf777 said:
https://www.cdc.gov/transportationsafety/pdf/impaired-driving-new/CDC-impaired-driving-fact-sheet-Montana.pdf

You name drop more than anyone I’ve ever seen.

I didn’t equate your son with that at all, just your constant need to go off the rails away from any direct point to control you narrative. This response is a prime example.

“The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that driving while texting is six times more dangerous than driving drunk. Reading or sending a text takes your eyes off the road for about five seconds.Jul 21, 2022”

What does name-dropping have to do with this thread?
At least, I know some interesting people. If you weren’t such an immature dick, maybe you would know some.

Keep in mind that texting and driving impaired can and do happen at the same time. I currently case manage many felons who fall into that category, some who have caused fatal accidents. (Time to move on from this)

Wolf777 said:
mthoopsfan said:
You are immature. Lacking experience and perspective.

Tell us about the accidents from speeding, careless driving, texting and other distracted driving. The stats don’t support you. I suppose you talk on your phone and drive do you text and drive too? Lots of things are a big deal. When you grow up, you may learn that.

My family is now 6th generation Montanan on both my dad and mom’s Anglo side. Who knows what generation on my Native American side. I have places in Missoula, Big Sky and Flathead. Yet you don’t think I live here. Pretty funny. You need to pay more attention or shut up. You are a baby.

Actually I pay attention plenty and you spout off more about your place down south on the lake as well as your drinking buddies which apparently includes everyone you think is important in the free world. Want to talk about someone who needs to pay attention?

Nobody ever said other factors weren’t an issue. All you have to do is actually read any accidents reports to the public and look at that last line. A majority of the time that says either alcohol was or wasn’t a factor. And in this state it says that alcohol was a factor far more than it should have.

And good for you and your family that 6 generations only have been affected by 2 accidents. Plenty of other people in this state are greatly affected by alcohol. And not Just car accidents. The amount of alcoholics in this state that struggle to function in society or have end stage liver failure is appalling. As someone with native ancestry you also knowall too well how alcohol has affected the native communities in this state. Anecdotes must run your world. Is this where you tell me that your aunts, cousins, friends, half brothers dog was injured by a driver who was texting. That’s usually what you resort to next.

By the way, my lake place is at Flathead. At the lake now. You are the one not paying attention.

horribilisfan8184 said:
Wolf777 said:
Actually I pay attention plenty and you spout off more about your place down south on the lake as well as your drinking buddies which apparently includes everyone you think is important in the free world. Want to talk about someone who needs to pay attention?

Nobody ever said other factors weren’t an issue. All you have to do is actually read any accidents reports to the public and look at that last line. A majority of the time that says either alcohol was or wasn’t a factor. And in this state it says that alcohol was a factor far more than it should have.

And good for you and your family that 6 generations only have been affected by 2 accidents. Plenty of other people in this state are greatly affected by alcohol. And not Just car accidents. The amount of alcoholics in this state that struggle to function in society or have end stage liver failure is appalling. As someone with native ancestry you also knowall too well how alcohol has affected the native communities in this state. Anecdotes must run your world. Is this where you tell me that your aunts, cousins, friends, half brothers dog was injured by a driver who was texting. That’s usually what you resort to next.

I've studied this thread and have to go with Hoops on this one.

Hoops said driving while texting is worse than driving drunk, provides stats to prove it.

EG counters with: you are an ass for saying drunk driving good, texting while driving bad, which Hoops never said.

Wolf piles onto the false narrative that Hoops was endorsing drunk driving.

Hoops explains how EG and Wolf have comprehension issues, and they double down on false claim.

Got to hand it to EG and Wolf, if twisting words was an Olympic event, they would qualify.

Show me where I said this. It's okay, I'll wait.

Right. You can't, as you're just making SH!T up. Nice to know pr has multiple screen names again, however.

EverettGriz said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

Hoops said driving while texting is worse than driving drunk, provides stats to prove it.

EG counters with: you are an ass for saying drunk driving good, texting while driving bad, which Hoops never said.

Hoops explains how EG and Wolf have comprehension issues, and they double down on false claim.

Got to hand it to EG and Wolf, if twisting words was an Olympic event, they would qualify.

Right. You can't, as you're just making SH!T up. Nice to know pr has multiple screen names again, however.

Here's what you said early on. I never said drinking and driving isn't dangerous. I said I was more bothered by the MSU (mis)handling that the actual coach dui's. This is right after Wolf said my view was "asinine".

"Don't do that either!!!! This isn't a binary deal. Just because texting is dangerous doesn't mean drinking and driving isn't.
Montana simply must get over this "it's okay to have 4 or 5 pops and jump in the car with a roadie" belief."

"This line of thinking drives me absolutelyfvckingcrazy: "Hey, a few things might be worse, so this is okay". Guess what: It is NOT okay."

"pr’s argument: X number of people were killed last year when they were struck by lighting so we shouldn’t try to keep people from dying of cancer.

mthoopsfan said:
EverettGriz said:

Here's what you said early on. I never said drinking and driving isn't dangerous. I said I was more bothered by the MSU (mis)handling that the actual coach dui's. This is right after Wolf said my view was "asinine".

"Don't do that either!!!! This isn't a binary deal. Just because texting is dangerous doesn't mean drinking and driving isn't.
Montana simply must get over this "it's okay to have 4 or 5 pops and jump in the car with a roadie" belief."

"This line of thinking drives me absolutelyfvckingcrazy: "Hey, a few things might be worse, so this is okay". Guess what: It is NOT okay."

"pr’s argument: X number of people were killed last year when they were struck by lighting so we shouldn’t try to keep people from dying of cancer.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhht. Soooooo, tell me again exactly where I claimed you said drinking and driving was good. I've got some more time. I'll continue to hold.

EverettGriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhht. Soooooo, tell me again exactly where I claimed you said drinking and driving was good. I've got some more time. I'll continue to hold.

See above.

Siiiiigh.

So how 'bout those bub coaches, huh?? Pretty crazy the sh!t msu lets those assclowns get away with.

EverettGriz said:
Siiiiigh.

So how 'bout those bub coaches, huh?? Pretty crazy the sh!t msu lets those assclowns get away with.

:lol:

Revered by bobcat faithful. I bet deep down the BOR feels it’s no big deal because they all left from the cats paw at same time, the Bozeman daily chronicle hasn’t kept it front page news everyday and Krakauer hasn’t written a book about it.

Hate it when I have to agree with PR, but some of you are either dense, or just not seeing the point. drunk driving is bad, and dangerous. So is texting, women putting on their makeup while driving, etc. If someone had 3 or 4 beers, gets over the .08 limit, and drives, that is a risk, and dangerous... just like a bunch of other things where the the driver is doing something other than driving.

Ya ya, I get it... keep making fun of MSU coaches, because it is incredibly stupid of them, and making fun of the situation is well deserved. However, if a couple UM coaches get busted for texting and driving, I sure as hell hope the UM administration takes it seriously and handles it better than MSU is handling the DUI charges, because texting and driving is a very serious problem, and very dangerous.

poorgriz said:
Hate it when I have to agree with PR, but some of you are either dense, or just not seeing the point. drunk driving is bad, and dangerous. So is texting, women putting on their makeup while driving, etc. If someone had 3 or 4 beers, gets over the .08 limit, and drives, that is a risk, and dangerous... just like a bunch of other things where the the driver is doing something other than driving.

Ya ya, I get it... keep making fun of MSU coaches, because it is incredibly stupid of them, and making fun of the situation is well deserved. However, if a couple UM coaches get busted for texting and driving, I sure as hell hope the UM administration takes it seriously and handles it better than MSU is handling the DUI charges, because texting and driving is a very serious problem, and very dangerous.
Serious question, what are you, as a fan and supporter (alum? booster? I don't want to assume), doing to pressure or hold them accountable? Are Bobcat fans/boosters/alumni doing anything to pressure them into doing the right thing, or just getting on forums/social media and saying how disappointed you all are?

I seriously don't mean this as smack, but that seems to be the biggest difference between our respective school's alumni/fanbases. UM faces substantially more community pressure than MSU does.

poorgriz said:

No one has even remotely suggested that distracted driving isn't dangerous.

As for the coaches, what action do you feel would be appropriate? Is it acceptable they're not suspended until their trials? Is it okay they're out driving while recruiting? Was a one day suspension appropriate and acceptable for a third DUI?

I'm truly not trying to pile on. I just find it remarkable that more cat fans are not up in arms at the way msu has handled this. In my mind, it's disgraceful, and if were an alum, I'd be calling the president's office 3 times a week.

And yet I have never heard ANYONE ever brag about knowing you. And I'm sure I know more about you than any of the posters who try to defend you. But you must know that by now.

Oldschoolhornet said:
And yet I have never heard ANYONE ever brag about knowing you. And I'm sure I know more about you than any of the posters who try to defend you. But you must know that by now.

#Notacreepyobsession

EverettGriz said:
horribilisfan8184 said:

It was a summary of what I saw going on, knucklehead. Just jump right over how the comment was set up.

Heavy Sigh........... Comprehension is certainly not your forte, sometimes. You might try studying what people say a little before firing off a zinger.

horribilisfan8184, consider his ability. OK, his INABILITY.
Alcohol 80 - Brain Cells 0. Its a shutout!

Ah, but all is not lost. Couple of missing slots at the Brain Depository. Abby is missing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw6xBdXl1Aw

Back