• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Hits Keep Coming for the Cats….

horribilisfan8184 said:
EverettGriz said:
Show me where I said this. It's okay, I'll wait.

Right. You can't, as you're just making SH!T up. Nice to know pr has multiple screen names again, however.

It was a summary of what I saw going on, knucklehead. Just jump right over how the comment was set up.

Heavy Sigh........... Comprehension is certainly not your forte, sometimes. You might try studying what people say a little before firing off a zinger.

Okay then. Show me in your summation where I stated anything approaching what you claim.

Still waiting....

Also, and more importantly, who's on arrest watch this weekend? God knows if one of us doesn't see the public arrest notice of a cat coach, we'll never hear about from msu. Stay diligent people!!

EverettGriz said:
Also, and more importantly, who's on arrest watch this weekend? God knows if one of us doesn't see the public arrest notice of a cat coach, we'll never hear about from msu. Stay diligent people!!

The Housewright-Mix-Up wasn’t on the Bozeman PD or MT HiPo crime reports when I checked after the news of the DUI cover-up broke. No police report on either crime that I’ve seen. Very clear what’s going on over there.

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

The Housewright-Mix-Up wasn’t on the Bozeman PD or MT HiPo crime reports when I checked after the news of the DUI cover-up broke. No police report on either crime that I’ve seen. Very clear what’s going on over there.

Truly sad this is all occurring at what is theoretically a well-regarded Montana university.

Wolf777 said:
Da Boyz Mom said:
WHY does every single thread have to get hijacked and lead to a massive disagreement? This thread is about the bad behavior of Cat coaches and how MSU is not handling it properly. That's something all Griz fans should be able to agree on.

Fair enough. Drunk driving is bad. Wrecking a university provided vehicle while doing it is worse. Trying to weasel out of it and cover it up using a coworker with a suspended license is beyond ridiculous. This is a PR nightmare but somehow will get swept under the rug due to a good old boy mentality and recent on field success.

Keep in mind that texting and driving impaired can and do happen at the same time. :shock: but what do I know.

7naf2k.jpg

garizzalies said:

But, uhh, maybe don’t drive a state provided vehicle 60 mph down Main if you’ve had two prior DUIs. And, uhh, also, in the rare event you wreck while hammered, maybe consider not calling a fellow coach to destroy evidence while you leave the scene of a crime.

Now, I readily admit those are some far-flung-ain’t-never-gunna-occur-events at a program like msu’s. But we like to cover all the bases.

Okay, all good? Great! Bar’s open! It’s on coach Sixx tonight for the great efforts in recruiting this week. I mean, we had 7 guys out on the road, 5 of whom are legally prohibited from driving, yet we saw all the kids we wanted to and lied to their parents about the morality and leadership in our program. So drink up boys!! You’ve earned it!!

EverettGriz said:
garizzalies said:

But, uhh, maybe don’t drive a state provided vehicle 60 mph down Main if you’ve had two prior DUIs. And, uhh, also, in the rare event you wreck while hammered, maybe consider not calling a fellow coach to destroy evidence while you leave the scene of a crime.

Now, I readily admit those are some far-flung-ain’t-never-gunna-occur-events at a program like msu’s. But we like to cover all the bases.

Okay, all good? Great! Bar’s open! It’s on coach Sixx tonight for the great efforts in recruiting this week. I mean, we had 7 guys out on the road, 5 of whom are legally prohibited from driving, yet we saw all the kids we wanted to and lied to their parents about the morality and leadership in our program. So drink up boys!! You’ve earned it!!

I can't Drive 55 - Sammy Hagar!

Maybe I missed it, but did we ever get the details of OC’s crash? Single vehicle? Did he hit a stationary object? Did he hit an occupied vehicle? Was the tow truck already there when he swapped vehicles with the RB coach? I haven’t seen any details about the public employees apprehending the public employees. Very strange.

uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:
Hate it when I have to agree with PR, but some of you are either dense, or just not seeing the point. drunk driving is bad, and dangerous. So is texting, women putting on their makeup while driving, etc. If someone had 3 or 4 beers, gets over the .08 limit, and drives, that is a risk, and dangerous... just like a bunch of other things where the the driver is doing something other than driving.

Ya ya, I get it... keep making fun of MSU coaches, because it is incredibly stupid of them, and making fun of the situation is well deserved. However, if a couple UM coaches get busted for texting and driving, I sure as hell hope the UM administration takes it seriously and handles it better than MSU is handling the DUI charges, because texting and driving is a very serious problem, and very dangerous.
Serious question, what are you, as a fan and supporter (alum? booster? I don't want to assume), doing to pressure or hold them accountable? Are Bobcat fans/boosters/alumni doing anything to pressure them into doing the right thing, or just getting on forums/social media and saying how disappointed you all are?

I seriously don't mean this as smack, but that seems to be the biggest difference between our respective school's alumni/fanbases. UM faces substantially more community pressure than MSU does.

No, I'm not doing anything. I know the administration has a process they are required to follow, I can only assume they know what they're doing, protecting the university against any lawsuits. I would prefer a longer suspension on these until a legal ruling, but I'm not in charge. I would be shocked if there aren't going to be pretty serious consequences if these guys are found guilty, up to possibly getting fired.

uofmman1122 said:
Serious question, what are you, as a fan and supporter (alum? booster? I don't want to assume), doing to pressure or hold them accountable? Are Bobcat fans/boosters/alumni doing anything to pressure them into doing the right thing, or just getting on forums/social media and saying how disappointed you all are?

I seriously don't mean this as smack, but that seems to be the biggest difference between our respective school's alumni/fanbases. UM faces substantially more community pressure than MSU does.

Another question is what are the taxpayers and citizens of MT doing to hold the BOR accountable? While the BOR isn't directly elected by citizens,
https://opi.mt.gov/BOR said:
The Board consists of seven members appointed by the Governor
We hold the most power and are technically the Governor's boss.

https://www.mdt.mt.gov/visionzero/plans/impaired.aspx said:
Impaired Driving

Montana has one of the highest fatality rates in the nation for number of deaths caused by impaired drivers per vehicle mile traveled.

Data from 2020 indicates that 66% of all fatalities were the result of impaired driving, this is up from 58% during 2019.

Our goals are to:

Reduce Alcohol-Impaired Fatalities
To decrease alcohol impaired driving fatalities by 3%, from the 2014-2018 five-year rolling average of 74 to 69.9 by December 31, 2025.

For more information about this program, please contact:

Kevin Dusko
Program Manager
State Highway Traffic Safety Section
406-444-7411 | Email: [email protected]
https://www.mdt.mt.gov/visionzero/plans/impaired.aspx said:
Drive Safely

There were 207 fatalities in 2022. There have been 52 fatalities on Montana highways in 2023 compared to 54 fatalities for this same time in 2022.

poorgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

No, I'm not doing anything. I know the administration has a process they are required to follow, I can only assume they know what they're doing, protecting the university against any lawsuits. I would prefer a longer suspension on these until a legal ruling, but I'm not in charge. I would be shocked if there aren't going to be pretty serious consequences if these guys are found guilty, up to possibly getting fired.

But if this involved the Griz, you would be on here with buckets full of advice and game plans on how this should be handled. And also criticism on how the administration was not being transparent enough and the football program was not tough enough on these individuals for their serious transgressions. After all, they are setting the example for these young men and representing the state of Montana. 😉

Losing over 200 lives each year probably isn't seen as a problem in Bozo because statistically they are likely Griz fans and well, as the MSU system pushes, they can ESGGCG...

poorgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

The PROCESS is something to hide behind and give MSU time to manipulate the local justice system. Assistant coaches can be fired or suspended if that's what you want to do without exposure. Bottom line, MSU does not favor consequences.

DoubleNicks said:
Another question is what are the taxpayers and citizens of MT doing to hold the BOR accountable? While the BOR isn't directly elected by citizens,
https://opi.mt.gov/BOR said:
The Board consists of seven members appointed by the Governor
We hold the most power and are technically the Governor's boss.

I've brought up that question a couple times. What the hell is Clayton Christian, our Lord High Commissioner of Higher Education doing. He's the one who should have Cruzado by the neck and making sure heads roll. He handles the day to day administration of the Montana University System. He's the same guy who let Royce run UM into the ground for five years before FINALLY sh*tcanning him. This coverup has got to end. Its starting to look like the Biden Crime Family/DOJ/FBI/CIA/Deep State coverup out east, smaller scale but just as stinky. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims like a duck and flies like a duck, chances are its a duck.

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

Police reports. :roll: I got hit a few years back, clearly the fault of the other driver. I talked with the Officer after he 'investigated' the scene, and he asked me what I thought. I told him 'failure to yield right of way.' He agreed, and then said, 'there's one more. No insurance.' ARGH!!! $3,000 out of my own pocket. Restitution was my recourse, so I checked with the Prosecutors Office who said the Police Report was not on file. The Police said it was still pending. Took nearly two weeks for a simple slam dunk minor case to go, literally, about 300 yards.
Bozeman PD, MHP are no different than law enforcement in Athens, GA or Tuscaloosa, AL, IMO.

poorgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

"I'm so disappointed in them and the school, but if they aren't explicitly found guilty, then no one can actually say they did anything wrong." :roll:

Sounds like you don't actually care, and even though you know what they've done is wrong, you're hoping by some legal technicality they don't have to actually face any consequences.

kemajic said:
poorgriz said:
The PROCESS is something to hide behind and give MSU time to manipulate the local justice system. Assistant coaches can be fired or suspended if that's what you want to do without exposure. Bottom line, MSU does not favor consequences.

Exactly. A suspension until their cases are heard should be the minimum. And what’s more, msu could certainly release a statement much like the one O’Day did after the GRIZ assistant BB coach for popped for DUI, in which he states they will allow the legal process to forward, but that the charges are serious, the university is disappointed in the coach’s actions, and if there is merit to the charges serious ramifications are coming.

Instead what we get from msu is: sit out a practice but be ready for the big game Saturday, boys! And don’t forget the after-party!!

kemajic said:
poorgriz said:

Blind faith in leadership almost always ends poorly. Bozeman State has either (a) the most horribly-drafted employment contracts in the history of employment, (b) just doesn’t care, or (c) both, because the leadership is incredibly stupid. There is no excuse to let these clowns coach in the interim.

uofmman1122 said:
poorgriz said:
"I'm so disappointed in them and the school, but if they aren't explicitly found guilty, then no one can actually say they did anything wrong." :roll:

Sounds like you don't actually care, and even though you know what they've done is wrong, you're hoping by some legal technicality they don't have to actually face any consequences.

Nope, that's not it at all. I'm taking the PR approach here, and letting the legal process play out. I do care, but sending a bunch of letters to MSU isn't going to change how they approach this. If everyone involved is guilty of everything I've heard reported, I do believe the punishment will fit the crime. I guess we'll see.

Back