• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Hits Keep Coming for the Cats….

poorgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:
"I'm so disappointed in them and the school, but if they aren't explicitly found guilty, then no one can actually say they did anything wrong." :roll:

Sounds like you don't actually care, and even though you know what they've done is wrong, you're hoping by some legal technicality they don't have to actually face any consequences.

Nope, that's not it at all. I'm taking the PR approach here, and letting the legal process play out. I do care, but sending a bunch of letters to MSU isn't going to change how they approach this. If everyone involved is guilty of everything I've heard reported, I do believe the punishment will fit the crime. I guess we'll see.

But why no suspension, PG? Why no message from waded or the AD expressing concern at the actions and promising to take swift and appropriate punitive action if necessary?

To me, it seem as though msu is simply trying to bury the whole thing. And that ain’t good public policy. If this were a university that cared, I could see some heads roll off platters way above those of an assistant coach level. But, alas, it’s msu and I think we’re seeing their true colors

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:
Nope, that's not it at all. I'm taking the PR approach here, and letting the legal process play out. I do care, but sending a bunch of letters to MSU isn't going to change how they approach this. If everyone involved is guilty of everything I've heard reported, I do believe the punishment will fit the crime. I guess we'll see.

But why no suspension, PG? Why no message from waded or the AD expressing concern at the actions and promising to take swift and appropriate punitive action if necessary?

To me, it seem as though msu is simply trying to bury the whole thing. And that ain’t good public policy. If this were a university that cared, I could see some heads roll off platters way above those of an assistant coach level. But, alas, it’s msu and I think we’re seeing their true colors

I believe they are 100% trying to sweep it under the rug, and the Bobfans are buying the lines that public matters are private.

I doubt they truly buy it. But by god, ya gotta toe rhe company line and sing from the msu hymnal. They know the way this has been handled is so wrong it’s a joke. I mean, they have to, right? There’s no logical argument in support of the handling. But they just won’t admit it.

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:

This whole thing is stupid. The head football coach has authority to sit coaches - regardless of a legal process. He is not doing so.

If some cat fan comes on here and tells us their head coach has no such authority - then we know that place is much, much worse than we thought.

It's piss poor leadership - the message to players, fans, and parents is unacceptable. Why would a parent send their kid to that factory of immorality?

grizfnz said:
This trainwreck saga has the makings of a great joke: 3 cat coaches head out on a recruiting trip...who's driving the car?

The cop....

I’m using this one in my annual Griz/Cat bad joke week on the socials this year.

grizfnz said:
This trainwreck saga has the makings of a great joke: 3 cat coaches head out on a recruiting trip...who's driving the car?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The cop....

7nuc44.jpg

Garza should do jail time and Housewright should face fines and community service. Will it shape up like this?
Probably not. With the way msdui is dealing with this Garza will face a summer practice suspension and Housewright will be scolded and have to join the cheerleaders Saturday afternoon car wash at the cats paw.
Poor example set by the President, AD, and head coach.

bigkid said:
Garza should do jail time and Housewright should face fines and community service. Will it shape up like this?
Probably not. With the way msdui is dealing with this Garza will face a summer practice suspension and Housewright will be scolded and have to join the cheerleaders Saturday afternoon car wash at the cats paw.

According to their beat writer, Flores, Garza already signed a new contract last month before his court appearance here in June. That should tell you everything you need to know. Here’s a guy who is probably going to get his third or fourth DUI and they re-signed him already.

HookedonGriz said:
bigkid said:

According to their beat writer, Flores, Garza already signed a new contract last month before his court appearance here in June. That should tell you everything you need to know. Here’s a guy who is probably going to get his third or fourth DUI and they re-signed him already.

That's ridiculously appalling and yet still not surprising. I guess they won't fire him until he actually kills somebody. Which will happen sooner or later at the rate he's going.

Da Boyz Mom said:
HookedonGriz said:

That's ridiculously appalling and yet still not surprising. I guess they won't fire him until he actually kills somebody. Which will happen sooner or later at the rate he's going.

Absolutely unbeli....Wait. It's the DUI University bubcats, so it's not unbelievable. But it IS truly sad that a Montana university would act with such obvious disregard. As you say, Mom, it'll likely take a fatality or serious injury before they take any action, and even that may not be the case.

Da Boyz Mom said:
HookedonGriz said:

How's your memory? Seems the last time there were consequences in Bozeman was back in the days of Mike Kramer when a player, or former player, was dealing drugs, took a non-paying 'customer' somewhere outside of town and shot him. Here's a link to the lawsuit settlement one year later. https://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=5455361
"One of Kramer's attorneys, Cliff Edwards, said the parties agreed to settle after a judge dismissed the university's requests to have the case thrown out.

"I believe they settled because they knew once a jury saw all the evidence, the results would be very damaging," Edwards said. "Coach Kramer was made a scapegoat. Certain university officials seemed intent on using falsehoods and distortions to destroy this good man's career and reputation."

MSU attorney Cal Stacey said the settlement was primarily an economic and business decision."

Evidently, its still in effect.

EverettGriz said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Absolutely unbeli....Wait. It's the DUI University bubcats, so it's not unbelievable. But it IS truly sad that a Montana university would act with such obvious disregard. As you say, Mom, it'll likely take a fatality or serious injury before they take any action, and even that may not be the case.

They would have to get all the facts and let "due-process" play out. I don't think the severity of the alleged crime matters to them. If seems like if the leadership over there ran Hertz in 1994-95, O.J. would still be shooting commercials during the trial.

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

They would have to get all the facts and let "due-process" play out. I don't think the severity of the alleged crime matters to them. If seems like if the leadership over there ran Hertz in 1994-95, O.J. would still be shooting commercials during the trial.

Oh for sure. You don't think those assistance coaches are cutting commercials for local dealerships in bozo as we speak? They're likely promote all the safety features in the 2023 models protecting all passengers in the near-certain probability of a serious accident.

We just wanted to follow your leadership direction on how you all all handled the Blaine Taylor DUI/wreck in the 90's. I notice Blaine coached several more years after his arrest and is in your HOF. Way to set the hammer down!!

MtFootball said:
We just wanted to follow your leadership direction on how you all all handled the Blaine Taylor DUI/wreck in the 90's. I notice Blaine coached several more years after his arrest and is in your HOF. Way to set the hammer down!!
Well if we go by your university's historical precedent, then we really do have to wait until (another) one of your coaches kills someone before you'll do anything, so it checks out.

This is also incredibly weak smack. It's amazing how so many of you guys still can't admit what both of your coaches did was fucked up and wrong without equivocating about something that happened to the Griz decades ago.

MtFootball said:

Ah, the old two wrongs make a right approach!

Truthfully, I have no idea what the response was at the time from the University. That was nearly 30 years ago, and nobody in charge of that situation is still in charge at Missoula. It is okay to say "Getting a 3rd DUI while speeding in a highly populated area is wrong," or "When one wrecks a car while drinking, they should not try to flee the scene, other coaches should not come help them cover it up."

Really, its okay to admit that awful mistakes were made and something should be done beyond sweeping it under the rug. And I say that as someone who LIKES Waded Cruzado on a personal level. Quite a lot, in fact. She is a very kind person. I've never even said they should be immediately fired, but they should certainly be suspended and they should use that time to get some help.

People are flawed and make mistakes. Enabling those people and covering up can actually make the problem a lot worse in the long run.

There is no question that they screwed up and should be penalized, but this thought that all we want is too win at all cost is total BS!

MtFootball said:
There is no question that they screwed up and should be penalized, but this thought that all we want is too win at all cost is total BS!

Honestly what did you think you would see if you came over to your rivals message board? And what do you think it would be like over on whatever board Cat fans are on if this happened with Griz coaches?You know from the fan base that chants "Eat shit Griz" in the 3rd quarter of a game against Morehead State. I think you are probably looking for support in the wrong place.

Back