• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring football news, notes and rumors

PlayerRep said:
Even though we can't really see o-line play when at the stadium,
I can see quite a bit of OL play from the upper deck. Over the last few years, unfortunately, a lot of times it resembles a pillow fight.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
Even though we can't really see o-line play when at the stadium, we believe we can see o-line play better when only pieces of it are shown on tv/streaming.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

From your mouth to my ears. :thumb: :thumb:

Guess I should have said "ha". Ha.

HookedonGriz said:
poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:
bgbigdog said:
[media]https://twitter.com/montanagrizfb/status/1107366793398509568?s=21[/media]

Another of those guys you have to love because it’s about something bigger than himself. :thumb:

"No fans come to the game to watch the O-line. They want to see the touchdowns and the receivers and quarterbacks, and we're fine with that. We know it's a team effort and everything relies on everybody," says Sirmon.

Couldn't disagree more. There are many, many plays where that's all i watch is the execution of the O-line assignments....and after the way our season ended, there'll be a lot MORE people watching the O-line this year...

You're the exception, less than one percenter. The vast majority of fans at your games have zero clue about O Line play. In fact thousands and thousands of those "fans" really don't know much about football. It's just a social event. Happens as MSU also, just not to the same degree.

😂 not to the same degree because you can only get 10k to show up for your first playoffs in years! You truly are the dumbest person posting here if you believe there’s any difference whatsoever, and that’s saying a lot.

Uh ya....... you just made my point! LOL

The addition of offensive lineman Kordell Pillans has added extra size and depth on the offensive line, and the emergence of Cy Sirmon as a potential starter at center has helped make the O-line an area of strength for the Griz.

Returning starting tackles Conlan Beaver and Colton Keintz are benefiting from added weight gained in the offseason, and sophomore Skyler Martin continues his upward trajectory at guard as well.

Paytonlives said:
The addition of offensive lineman Kordell Pillans has added extra size and depth on the offensive line, and the emergence of Cy Sirmon as a potential starter at center has helped make the O-line an area of strength for the Griz.

Returning starting tackles Conlan Beaver and Colton Keintz are benefiting from added weight gained in the offseason, and sophomore Skyler Martin continues his upward trajectory at guard as well.

Where is the author drawing this conclusion from? An area of strength?

kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:
I can see quite a bit of OL play from the upper deck. Over the last few years, unfortunately, a lot of times it resembles a pillow fight.

Yes, I too can see the o-line from the 2d deck. I just don't know what they are doing.

PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Yes, I too can see the o-line from the 2d deck. I just don't know what they are doing.

Ya, me too! :geek:

RABIDAWG said:
PlayerRep said:
kemajic said:
PlayerRep said:

Ya, me too! :geek:
Probably is good you can’t see them.

Great read on Pillans

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-offensive-lineman-kordell-pillans-finding-footing-in-new-offense/article_bd7603aa-02b5-57c4-bf5f-96ecfa594061.html

HookedonGriz said:
Great read on Pillans

http://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-offensive-lineman-kordell-pillans-finding-footing-in-new-offense/article_bd7603aa-02b5-57c4-bf5f-96ecfa594061.html

"His go-to meal has been four or five chicken breasts with light seasoning, brown rice and broccoli."

Try as I might, there is no way could I finish more than three chicken breasts at one sitting.

AllWeatherFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Great read on Pillans

"His go-to meal has been four or five chicken breasts with light seasoning, brown rice and broccoli."

Try as I might, there is no way could I finish more than three chicken breasts at one sitting.*

* and then only if you had been locked in the trunk of a car for a couple of days. :lol:

AllWeatherFan said:
HookedonGriz said:
Great read on Pillans

Try as I might, there is no way could I finish more than three chicken breasts at one sitting.
The key is to avoid the rice and broccoli.

dirtysoup said:
There's a new walkon on the roster: Zane Whiting. Played receiver at Adams State in 2016 and then went on a mission for 2 years. Playing d line here and is participating in spring practice.

https://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5168
This is interesting to me. He must have played WR for Rosey while at Adams State. Then he goes on his mission and comes back to meet Rosey in MSLA, but now he’s a DE? Seems almost like the mission had the opposite effect.

Back