• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Spring football news, notes and rumors

AllWeatherFan said:
Rumor has it that Bobby Hauck was spotted sprinting straight up Mount Sentinel at 5:00 a.m. this morning.

I heard it was Mount Jumbo. He's trying to purposefully start an avalanche to show us that he is Montana Tough enough to punch the avalanche in the face, then out-run it down the mountain, then sprint back up the mountain through it to show it who's the boss.

bgbigdog said:
alabamagrizzly said:
bgbigdog said:
grizfan1984 said:
Where are you seeing the spring roster? The roster I saw has them listed

Maua is missing from the prospectus & the GG 2019 roster. Graves is on both.

He’s been in pics working out with the team...
My bad on Graves. A too quick a look and I was thinking he was #8 for some reason.

Best of luck to Devin.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
AllWeatherFan said:
Rumor has it that Bobby Hauck was spotted sprinting straight up Mount Sentinel at 5:00 a.m. this morning.

I heard it was Mount Jumbo. He's trying to purposefully start an avalanche to show us that he is Montana Tough enough to punch the avalanche in the face, then out-run it down the mountain, then sprint back up the mountain through it to show it who's the boss.

POTY! :lol:

Richard Cranium said:
Why no mention of Villanueva as an OL returning starter?

somebody on campus told me he is looking leaner than usual right now. Not that it means anything, but maybe he is going stay on D or just going to be faster and meaner.

retiredpopo said:
Richard Cranium said:

somebody on campus told me he is looking leaner than usual right now. Not that it means anything, but maybe he is going stay on D or just going to be faster and meaner.
He wasn't on defense....you are thinking Longoria

Ursus1 said:
retiredpopo said:
Richard Cranium said:

He wasn't on defense....you are thinking Longoria

Yup my CRS is kicking in.

retiredpopo said:

Speaking of looking lean, did anyone else see Bobby at the Griz BB game Monday night....?? Those cowboy boots he was rocking were SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINY!

Who are you all predicting is going to have a breakout Spring ball session? If we ever get spring!

grizfan95 said:
Are they still conducting the same number of practices with the adjustment?

Yes they are allowed 15 including scrimmages and the schedule has that many. Looks like instead of doing 3 days a week they are doing 4. For example doing Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday to start. I think it was ultimately smart to make sure the field was good to avoid an unnecessary injury due to poor footing plus when it is below zero I don't think the practices can be super productive other than the mental toughness part.

dayday said:
grizfan95 said:
Are they still conducting the same number of practices with the adjustment?

Yes they are allowed 15 including scrimmages and the schedule has that many. Looks like instead of doing 3 days a week they are doing 4. For example doing Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday to start. I think it was ultimately smart to make sure the field was good to avoid an unnecessary injury due to poor footing plus when it is below zero I don't think the practices can be super productive other than the mental toughness part.

Thanks!

AllWeatherFan said:

Yeah, his wife was right behind em with with a bat. Rumor has it he left the toilet seat up again.

I live in the western part of Montana and had the opportunity to watch him play in high school a few times, including two state championships. Also watched him wrestle for two state championships. He is a competitor. It will be interesting to see where the Griz use him. I still think he is capable of being a QB at this level, but it only matters what coaches think. Over all, I think there are a few from that class, Janacaro, Graves, of course Sulsar who already has made an impact and possibly Kopang that will make noise this year. Can't wait.

Back