• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Question regarding Fall Schedule

HelenaHandBasket said:
Skyline Sports @SkylineSportsMT
16s
Huge news when it comes to the in-state rivalry for #GrizFB and #MSUBobcatsFB:

#BigSkyFB has approved moving the 2020 fall football schedule to the fall of 2021.

That means Cat-Griz will be played in Missoula next fall.

Tourist can rest easy.... :thumb:

Finally! I don't stick my finger into the wind to gauge others opinions. I tell it like it is, as I see it. Seems most on this site are content to just go along with whatever the BSC decides, like canceling fall sports, then just moving on to the next year. I call a spade a spade, whats wrong is just plain wrong. I'm glad the BSC finally got its head out of its ass. Balls on this site are scarce as hens teeth. I'm no Haslam or Bodnar or some influential fan/alum/booster. Next on the agenda is ridding UM of the dictates of the Missoula County Health Dept. Full attendance at WGS.

tourist said:
Finally! I don't stick my finger into the wind to guage others opinions. I tell it like it is, as I see it. Seems most on this site are content to just go along with whatever the BSC decides, like canceling fall sports, then just moving on to the next year. I call a spade a spade, whats wrong is just plain wrong. I'm glad the BSC finally got its head out of its ass. Balls on this site are scarce as hens teeth. I'm no Haslam or Bodnar or some influential fan/alum/booster. Next on the agenda is ridding UM of the dictates of the Missoula County Health Dept. Full attendance at WGS.

In full agreement with this. :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:
Not saying it can't be done, just asking how?

First, you will need to find an FBS conference, west of the Mississippi river, that you could join? What conference would you say that would be

I don't know how. I don't expect Kent Haslam to man the fryers at Wendy's, that's my job. My opinion is that the fact that doesn't appear to be a clear path at present isn't a reason to throw up our hands and not make sure UM is ready when the entire landscape changes again like it 100% will. I really hope I'm wrong, and the admin is behind the scenes ready to pounce when an opportunity arises. But it sure seems like it's more of a "can't be done [ever]"-type situation.

Think of it like this: Say you want to be a surgeon. You go to medical school and residency and fellowship, etc., and then you get the job when there's an opening. I feel the Montana schools' mindset is more like waiting for someone to offer them the surgical job before looking into going to medical school. Am I way off base (probably)?
I don't think UM building the Champion's Center is what I would call waiting.

ilovethecats said:
tourist said:
Finally! I don't stick my finger into the wind to guage others opinions. I tell it like it is, as I see it. Seems most on this site are content to just go along with whatever the BSC decides, like canceling fall sports, then just moving on to the next year. I call a spade a spade, whats wrong is just plain wrong. I'm glad the BSC finally got its head out of its ass. Balls on this site are scarce as hens teeth. I'm no Haslam or Bodnar or some influential fan/alum/booster. Next on the agenda is ridding UM of the dictates of the Missoula County Health Dept. Full attendance at WGS.

Fauci is all over the place with an estimate of when the vaccine will be available to everyone. First he said April then he backtracked to May or even June (what's new? He changes his mind every five minutes). But hey - Biden is basically guaranteeing every American a vaccine by July!

This means things *should* be back to normal by September and we can all go to football games in packed stadiums again!! (Pardon me if I don't really believe them but I'm hopeful. Hope is all we have at this point.)

UM needs to tell the Missoula County Health Dept. to go fuck itself. Enough of this bullshit. Full attendance at WGS. Those who feel endangered....stay away! Personal responsibility is quite simple to understand. :roll:

Da Boyz Mom said:
ilovethecats said:

Fauci is all over the place with an estimate of when the vaccine will be available to everyone. First he said April then he backtracked to May or even June (what's new? He changes his mind every five minutes). But hey - Biden is basically guaranteeing every American a vaccine by July!

This means things *should* be back to normal by September and we can all go to football games in packed stadiums again!! (Pardon me if I don't really believe them but I'm hopeful. Hope is all we have at this point.)

Agree with all of that. I just envision a scenario where most are vaccinated, we’ve dealt with the virus for a year and a half, and yet we’ll STILL be dealing with distancing, masks and capacity limitations. :(

Praying to god I’m wrong. But I don’t think anyone wants to step up and be the “first” in regards to the restrictions.

See I think by then we will be back to normal and full capacity crowds, and we certainly will be by the time we get to November. That said, I think attendance in all college football venues will be considerably lower as many people who may not get the vaccine, and even some people who do take the vaccine may be a little discouraged to start packing themselves back into football stadiums and other large gatherings immediately. Over time, I think people may begin to ease their way back into attending large sporting events again, but it may take some time.

Griz til I die said:
"....some people who do take the vaccine may be a little discouraged to start packing themselves back into football stadiums and other large gatherings immediately. "

Then...
Stay...
The...
Fuck...
Home.
Problem solved. Fuck Fauci.

ilovethecats said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

Agree with all of that. I just envision a scenario where most are vaccinated, we’ve dealt with the virus for a year and a half, and yet we’ll STILL be dealing with distancing, masks and capacity limitations. :(

Praying to god I’m wrong. But I don’t think anyone wants to step up and be the “first” in regards to the restrictions.

I would 100% bet this is the case. Sadly.

People who have had the vaccine don't have to self-quarantine when exposed to people with covid.

I don't think people without proof of the vaccine should be allowed in stadiums and arenas.

tourist said:
Griz til I die said:
"....some people who do take the vaccine may be a little discouraged to start packing themselves back into football stadiums and other large gatherings immediately. "

Then...
Stay...
The...
[#]f###...
Home.
Problem solved. [#]f### Fauci.
Hey I’m not saying I would do it specifically. God no, I’m getting vaccinated, and I’m getting my happy ass back into Wa-Griz next fall, and if I have to wear a mask or even a fucking tinfoil hat on my head to be there, then so be it :lol:

PlayerRep said:
People who have had the vaccine don't have to self-quarantine when exposed to people with covid.

I don't think people without proof of the vaccine should be allowed in stadiums and arenas.
Why? Because they’re foolish for not taking it?

tourist said:
UM needs to tell the Missoula County Health Dept. to go [#]f### itself. Enough of this bullshit. Full attendance at WGS. Those who feel endangered....stay away! Personal responsibility is quite simple to understand. :roll:
I'm hopeful Gianforte will bodyslam the Missoula County Health Dept.

kemajic said:
tourist said:
UM needs to tell the Missoula County Health Dept. to go [#]f### itself. Enough of this bullshit. Full attendance at WGS. Those who feel endangered....stay away! Personal responsibility is quite simple to understand. :roll:
I'm hopeful Gianforte will bodyslam the Missoula County Health Dept.

:thumb:

Hey everyone. Arkansas Razorback fan here. I plan on spending time in Montana eventually, so I picked the Grizzlies as my spring football team. What should be the best games on the schedule? Thank ya'll. Also props for supporting the NCAA in the Supreme Court case with us. Go Griz!

CDAGRIZ said:
MissoulaMarinerFan said:
May want to search around Egriz first - I think this has been done at least once or twice on here, though I could be wrong.

No, you're definitely right. But maybe they weren't all recent. I posted it anyway. Mods can delete it, I guess.

No, no, I wasn't raining on your parade - just thought it would help make your search for the stadia easier. :woo:

Back