• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Question regarding Fall Schedule

tourist said:
The Big Sigh Conference caused the problem by canceling the season. They need to fix what damage they did, not sweep 2020 under the rug and 'just move on to 2021.' The BSC is mismanaged joke. Yet another reason to end UMs association with these clowns. :silly:
Are there non-clowns to re-associate with?

kemajic said:
tourist said:
The Big Sigh Conference caused the problem by canceling the season. They need to fix what damage they did, not sweep 2020 under the rug and 'just move on to 2021.' The BSC is mismanaged joke. Yet another reason to end UMs association with these clowns. :silly:

Haven't looked. You? Just say'n get out at the first opportunity.

tourist said:
kemajic said:

So you are advocating something and have zero idea if it is even possible? You realize that they could get out anytime, as that is the easy part.

HelenaHandBasket said:
tourist said:

So you are advocating something and have zero idea if it is even possible? You realize that they could get out anytime, as that is the easy part.

I agree with HelenaHandBasket on this... If UM (and MSU) leave the Big Sky, are you going to go to FBS? IF you did that,

1) where would you get the extra money for other sports you would need to have (I believe, but am not sure, that you would need at least 1 more sport for men, and 2 more for women.)

2) If you say Football for question #1, do you really think that UM would be OK with other sports spending even more of their money?

3) IF the answer Yes for question #2, what conference do you think will bring in an FCS program when they already are struggling to compete with Power 5?

Bottom line is we are stuck where we are and hanging on financially by our fingernails.

If there is one thing I've learned through the years it's that, although the landscape of college football appears to change by the day, UM simply cannot be an FBS program, ever. It's impossible. Don't even try. It's like running a four-minute mile, or landing on the moon. The UM/FBS conversation is one of those quirky things about Griz Nation where there's just a generally-accepted answer that snowballs such that people begin to think it's an undisputed fact.

Adding sports? How the hell would you even do something like that?
Funding more sports? Show me one university that has ever figured out a way to fund more sports than UM currently funds.
There is no way around these issues. Can't do it; end of inquiry.

When do we play in Holt Arena next, because I'm fuckin stoked for that.

CDAGRIZ said:
If there is one thing I've learned through the years it's that, although the landscape of college football appears to change by the day, UM simply cannot be an FBS program, ever. It's impossible. Don't even try. It's like running a four-minute mile, or landing on the moon. The UM/FBS conversation is one of those quirky things about Griz Nation where there's just a generally-accepted answer that snowballs such that people begin to think it's an undisputed fact.

Funding more sports? Show me one university that has ever figured out a way to fund more sports than UM currently funds.

When do we play in Holt Arena next, because I'm f###[#] stoked for that.

Not saying it can't be done, just asking how?

First, you will need to find an FBS conference, west of the Mississippi river, that you could join? What conference would you say that would be

CDAGRIZ said:

More interested in the 4000 throng attending Nottingham Field in spite of beer at the concession stands which you can take to your seat. Of course viewing the game is limited by stands with no rise located far from the playing field with a track and other stuff in between. So more beer is necessary.

SACCAT66 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

First, you will need to find an FBS conference, west of the Mississippi river, that you could join? What conference would you say that would be

I don't know how. I don't expect Kent Haslam to man the fryers at Wendy's, that's my job. My opinion is that the fact that doesn't appear to be a clear path at present isn't a reason to throw up our hands and not make sure UM is ready when the entire landscape changes again like it 100% will. I really hope I'm wrong, and the admin is behind the scenes ready to pounce when an opportunity arises. But it sure seems like it's more of a "can't be done [ever]"-type situation.

Think of it like this: Say you want to be a surgeon. You go to medical school and residency and fellowship, etc., and then you get the job when there's an opening. I feel the Montana schools' mindset is more like waiting for someone to offer them the surgical job before looking into going to medical school. Am I way off base (probably)?

kemajic said:
CDAGRIZ said:

More interested in the 4000 throng attending Nottingham Field in spite of beer at the concession stands which you can take to your seat. Of course viewing the game is limited by stands with no rise located far from the playing field with a track and other stuff in between. So more beer is necessary.

:lol: I'm going to start a new thread with pics of all BSC stadiums (stadia?).

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:

May want to search around Egriz first - I think this has been done at least once or twice on here, though I could be wrong.

CDAGRIZ said:
SACCAT66 said:

I don't know how. I don't expect Kent Haslam to man the fryers at Wendy's, that's my job. My opinion is that the fact that doesn't appear to be a clear path at present isn't a reason to throw up our hands and not make sure UM is ready when the entire landscape changes again like it 100% will. I really hope I'm wrong, and the admin is behind the scenes ready to pounce when an opportunity arises. But it sure seems like it's more of a "can't be done [ever]"-type situation.

Think of it like this: Say you want to be a surgeon. You go to medical school and residency and fellowship, etc., and then you get the job when there's an opening. I feel the Montana schools' mindset is more like waiting for someone to offer them the surgical job before looking into going to medical school. Am I way off base (probably)?

You are not off as much as you think...

Skyline Sports @SkylineSportsMT
16s
Huge news when it comes to the in-state rivalry for #GrizFB and #MSUBobcatsFB:

#BigSkyFB has approved moving the 2020 fall football schedule to the fall of 2021.

That means Cat-Griz will be played in Missoula next fall.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
CDAGRIZ said:

May want to search around Egriz first - I think this has been done at least once or twice on here, though I could be wrong.

No, you're definitely right. But maybe they weren't all recent. I posted it anyway. Mods can delete it, I guess.

Back