• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Question For Payton

Oh how I wish I woulda got in this thread in the beginning. Y’all just let Rosey run a muck unchecked feeding into his ego.

Also, for what it’s worth, Rosey is definitely not Soldier or AZ. There is a huge difference in their anti Bobby posts. Soldier and AZ post out of frustration with the lack of production from their die hard Griz fandom. Rosey just wants to piss other posters off and this whole thread, including the OP of baiting Payton into a “discussion” is case in point.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:
So, injuries for NDSU matter, but injuries for UM, including it's terrific qb, don't matter. You are a hypocrite, as well as liar.

Did UM play for the national title?

Do injuries only matter in national championship games?

alabamagrizzly said:
Oh how I wish I woulda got in this thread in the beginning. Y’all just let Rosey run a muck unchecked feeding into his ego.

Also, for what it’s worth, Rosey is definitely not Soldier or AZ. There is a huge difference in their anti Bobby posts. Soldier and AZ post out of frustration with the lack of production from their die hard Griz fandom. Rosey just wants to piss other posters off and this whole thread, including the OP of baiting Payton into a “discussion” is case in point.

I barely have time for one account. Can’t imagine trying to manage multiple. :lol:

Now my WIFE on the other hand, she’s an expert at multiple accounts. :|

uofmman1122 said:
I think it's fair to say either injuries matter or they don't.

If they're nothing but excuses for us, then they're nothing but excuses for everybody.

:thumb: They didn't make excuses.

Paytonlives said:
As some of you know, I coached on a High School Level in Montana and Texas and understand what it takes to get a team ready for games, training and the off season.
It is incredibly hard and I am honored to be in the same light as other Coaches. I have spoken with head coaches at a high Texas HS and FBS level and have been taught by them. LSU, Texas A&M, Houston, Texas etc... (We had a RB and went on to TCU and was the 3A (now 4A) Texas MVP and spent a few years in the NFL), so they were all on our HS campus. Our Head coach in Texas (that I coached under) is highly thought of in the coaching ranks and got calls daily from other coaches. He is a man of high integrity and always put the student ath. before everything else. (AND YES he won most of the games he coached in his career around 80%) I learned more than I ever thought I could about coaching and football from him and the other coaches I had the honor of sitting down with. I have never met a coach that did not work harder than you would ever believe, they would not last long if they were lazy. Serious TYPE A's with a supercharged desire to win.

Because of this I RARLY say or post anything about coaches or players (Other than recruiting)

I am not in the room with them watching film
I do not know what is going on in their personal lives
I do not know what players may or may not be going through
I do not know if the coaches kids or wife is sick
I do not know which players made a mistake on a certain play that cost UM a Touchdown (I can usually guess, but I really don't know because Im not in the trenches with them)
I do not know what pressure admin and other department heads are putting on the players and coaches.
Recruiting is cut throat and really last year around for coaches like Hauck and Justin Green
When I was a kid coaches could take 3 months off to relax and get recharged...That does not happen now, even at the HS level.

In other words, I have never met a coach that did not want to be successful and win every game that they coached. But sometimes other things get in the way from all the hard work that You (any coach) do.

And let's face it you can have the best off season, schedule and all the intangibles and still have a less than expected season. As a coaching friend of mine says "The F'ing ball isn't round!"

Yes there are sometime I grumble to myself but I don't believe in bashing coaches (or players for that matter) in public, because I think that is very unfair. For every 1 coach/player that isn't giving their best, I have seen 100's that are.

One last thing. A lot of people /Griz fans have REALLY high expectations, which is fine. But the last time I checked there were 120 FCS teams and the Griz are in the top 15 EVERY DAMN YEAR! I wish fans would stop bashing UM about the 10 teams in front of them and realize there are 100 that are behind them!

AS far as RTD...I feel like fans don't realize that UM Griz are Dominate! You put them in any FCS league but the Missouri Valley or Big Sky and they would likely kick the shat out of every team in that conference. And really its only 6 or 7 MV/Big Sky teams that UM needs to catch. They probably finish around 500 in the Mountain West.

As far as Hauck and company... What do you want? They win most of the games they coach, his players graduate and the Team GPA is 3.20 or something close to that. It appears that he has cleaned up the past problems. AND if it was so bad why do the players stay? Do things need to be changed/ twinked? Yes, but that is every year!

Is there things I would change? Yes but every coach does things a little different... And I and fans are in NO position to even remotely know what is going on inside of the fieldhouse and the coaches/ players at UM
Thanks for your time. This is one of the best things I have read on eGriz. You have made numerous statements that reflect deeper knowledge than most of us enjoy on the subjects of your writing.

alabamagrizzly said:

Very true. I know I can be negative - but, I friggin' love Griz Football.

SoldierGriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:

Very true. I know I can be negative - but, I friggin' love Griz Football.

I think it’s hilarious when someone says “I think that’s Poster such-and-such” when said poster has over 5,000 posts on eGriz and has been very consistent in their posting style/message. What, you suddenly needed ANOTHER account to vent on? :lol:

You do you, solider. :thumb: :thumb:

CDAGRIZ said:
kemajic said:
A lot of confusion here as well with lose vs. loose. Any second grader knows the difference.

Walter Peyton, Payton Manning, etc.
Just gotta deal with it. Don’t loose you’re cool.

WAY easier said than done, but exactly right. And folks, just know that "dealing with it" is gonna look different from person to person; for me, breathing into a brown paper bag seems to work, but YMMV...

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

NDSU had those same injuries against us and didn't use them as an excuse for winning "multiple" playoff games.

NDSU didn't lose its qb for multiple games and have him less than healthy for multiple other games. You are the one who used the injury excuse for NDSU. I pointed your hypocrisy. Major injuries affect football teams and results. Pointing that out is no necessarily an "excuse". It is an explanation.

uptopgriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

If they're nothing but excuses for us, then they're nothing but excuses for everybody.

:thumb: They didn't make excuses.

You made the excuse for NDSU, and not accepting some egrizzers excuse for the Griz.

What excuses did the Griz coaches or players make this year? I don't recall any.

uptopgriz said:
mthoopsfan said:

NDSU had those same injuries against us and didn't use them as an excuse for winning "multiple" playoff games.

NDSU fans made zillions of excuses when their qb was a bit hurt when we beat them in Missoula. They still do.

alabamagrizzly said:

While Soldier may be a fan and frustrated, he has a narrative, some of which is not based in fact or reality, that guides many of his posts. You do too, but to a lesser extent. Some of the recent troll posters, only 2 of which remain, have actually made Soldier (and you) look less bad. And you two are not disruptive.

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

While Soldier may be a fan and frustrated, he has a narrative, some of which is not based in fact or reality, that guides many of his posts. You do too, but to a lesser extent. Some of the recent troll posters, only 2 of which remain, have actually made Soldier (and you) look less bad. And you two are not disruptive.

i-gotta-step-up-my-game-guys-step-up-my-game.gif

alabamagrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

i-gotta-step-up-my-game-guys-step-up-my-game.gif

Get with it, Bama. :lol:

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I have high expectations for the Griz...maybe even unreasonable at times. But, given the combination of location, money, fans, facilities, and history - I think the Griz should be winning the conference, beating the neighbors, and competing for national championships... Particularly in today's watered down FCS.

I also believe some of the coaches have and are underperforming.

Is that my narrative? If so, I stand by it.

mthoopsfan said:
alabamagrizzly said:

You know now this comes back to you…
https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?t=90251

uofmman1122 said:

Not related to your post above, but didn't Wentz miss like 8 games during one of their championship seasons?

I might have the years screwed up, but I know he missed a bunch of games one season...I think it was his senior season.

SoldierGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

Not related to your post above, but didn't Wentz miss like 8 games during one of their championship seasons?

I might have the years screwed up, but I know he missed a bunch of games one season...I think it was his senior season.

It would shock me if he wasn’t hurt for much of the season.

Back