• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Question For Payton

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
This isn’t about me, PR. It’s about Bobby. HE set those goals. And he’s not come close on any of them in 5 years.

And I personally couldn’t give two poop what you think about my fandom.

No, it's about you. You are continuing to criticize, in part because you must not understand what a goal is. What are your goals in business and work? Have you ever achieved them? Are they low? Why are you still working? Why do you bounce around in jobs?

Well, unlike you, I don’t feel the need to advertise my credentials nor my accomplishments on a football message board.

And “bounce around”? I’ve been at my current position with my current company for over 10 years… You sure you’re ok? You have me confused with someone else? :? :?

AZGrizFan said:
Griz Addict said:
It's fine to point out a problem, that's not a problem. But, do you have to repeat yourself a thousand times a day and take it to heart so bad that you're gonna end up having a heart attack? We all know last year was a let down. The previous 2 years were 10 win seasons. We still made it to the playoffs and got a win. The griz are not far off from competing. Do you think anyone even thought about an NC when Stittles was here? No. It was obvious it wasn't. The weird thing is, is that Bobby has done a lot more than poop did but, people are bitching more about Bobby than they did him.... the griz were basically irrelevant since Pflu was here. Bobby brang us back into the conversation, at least. Aka why last year had such high expectations. Nobody was demanding championships when Delaney or Stitt was here. So why are you so concerned that Bobby hasn't taken us to an NC yet? I have no doubt in my mind that he will, the griz have suffered through a lot. Getting past the NCAA violations takes many years to recover from. We missed out on a lot of players and depth. Then add in the poop coaches UM hired. Kids want to play for a team that can compete for a title, which led many recruits astray. Recruits see we have been on the rise and probably realize we were 1 qb away from being NC quality. Even with these "horrible coaches" as you'd say, our biggest downfall was not having a reliable #2. I could go on forever but, it's all pointless.

No one is going to change your guys' minds and you aren't going to change ours. So can we please move the fudge on and quit bitching and start looking forward to the upcoming season. If you aren't looking forward to it, don't be a griz fan. Any season can go anyway. We might go 1-10. We might go undefeated. No one knows but, what I do know is I will be cheering on my favorite team from my home state and hope they kick ass! ❤️ Go Griz!

:lol: :lol: If nobody was “demanding championships” Stitt would still be here. And yet here we are FIVE years later and we don’t have a CONFERENCE championship let alone having sniffed a NC—not even sniffed an APPEARANCE.

Question: Who’s job is it to make sure there’s a reliable #2?

Wow! I couldn't have articulated this point better myself! The Hauck mafia worked behind the scenes to get Stitt fired, for lack of success. And now, after 5 seasons of Hauck 2.0, things are no better, and perhaps even worse, than under Stitt. And now, hoops and his minions go into save-Bobby-mode! So freaking transparent.

What don't these pin heads understand about the ground-swell of discontent with the Hauck coaching show 2.0? Do they actually think that the support for him on egriz represents the vast majority of our fan base. This site is filled with QB-Club members who couldn't be objective if their life depended on it! I assure you that the majority of fans do NOT support the current coaching staff. 50% of then want radical changes with key assistants, and 25% want the entire staff including Bobby to go bye-bye. That leaves 25% who are too obtuse and continue to support this 5-year debacle. Stitt got three seasons. How many more will you grant to Hauck???

AZGrizFan said:
Griz Addict said:
It's fine to point out a problem, that's not a problem. But, do you have to repeat yourself a thousand times a day and take it to heart so bad that you're gonna end up having a heart attack? We all know last year was a let down. The previous 2 years were 10 win seasons. We still made it to the playoffs and got a win. The griz are not far off from competing. Do you think anyone even thought about an NC when Stittles was here? No. It was obvious it wasn't. The weird thing is, is that Bobby has done a lot more than poop did but, people are bitching more about Bobby than they did him.... the griz were basically irrelevant since Pflu was here. Bobby brang us back into the conversation, at least. Aka why last year had such high expectations. Nobody was demanding championships when Delaney or Stitt was here. So why are you so concerned that Bobby hasn't taken us to an NC yet? I have no doubt in my mind that he will, the griz have suffered through a lot. Getting past the NCAA violations takes many years to recover from. We missed out on a lot of players and depth. Then add in the poop coaches UM hired. Kids want to play for a team that can compete for a title, which led many recruits astray. Recruits see we have been on the rise and probably realize we were 1 qb away from being NC quality. Even with these "horrible coaches" as you'd say, our biggest downfall was not having a reliable #2. I could go on forever but, it's all pointless.

No one is going to change your guys' minds and you aren't going to change ours. So can we please move the fudge on and quit bitching and start looking forward to the upcoming season. If you aren't looking forward to it, don't be a griz fan. Any season can go anyway. We might go 1-10. We might go undefeated. No one knows but, what I do know is I will be cheering on my favorite team from my home state and hope they kick ass! ❤️ Go Griz!

:lol: :lol: If nobody was “demanding championships” Stitt would still be here. And yet here we are FIVE years later and we don’t have a CONFERENCE championship let alone having sniffed a NC—not even sniffed an APPEARANCE.

I think it’s a little more than a QB2. PO was injured too, missed time. Overall depth was a little lacking throughout. We’ve already attacked the trench issue. There were a myriad of issues that came up, bad luck (and replay officiating), blown assignments, and then lack of OL and DL dominance. This team is close. They MUST address the lines. I love the recruits on the OL, but would like one more transfer. DL needs more beef. Once that gets addressed it will be muck closer to RTD.

AZDoc said:
AZGrizFan said:

I think it’s a little more than a QB2. PO was injured too, missed time. Overall depth was a little lacking throughout. We’ve already attacked the trench issue. There were a myriad of issues that came up, bad luck (and replay officiating), blown assignments, and then lack of OL and DL dominance. This team is close. They MUST address the lines. I love the recruits on the OL, but would like one more transfer. DL needs more beef. Once that gets addressed it will be muck closer to RTD.

so, after 5 years, our "overall depth was lacking throughout"??? And,whose fault is that? Who gets the blame for losing the in-state recruiting battles every year to the Cats? Is it Trumps' fault?

Paytonlives said:
As some of you know, I coached on a High School Level in Montana and Texas and understand what it takes to get a team ready for games, training and the off season.
It is incredibly hard and I am honored to be in the same light as other Coaches. I have spoken with head coaches at a high Texas HS and FBS level and have been taught by them. LSU, Texas A&M, Houston, Texas etc... (We had a RB and went on to TCU and was the 3A (now 4A) Texas MVP and spent a few years in the NFL), so they were all on our HS campus. Our Head coach in Texas (that I coached under) is highly thought of in the coaching ranks and got calls daily from other coaches. He is a man of high integrity and always put the student ath. before everything else. (AND YES he won most of the games he coached in his career around 80%) I learned more than I ever thought I could about coaching and football from him and the other coaches I had the honor of sitting down with. I have never met a coach that did not work harder than you would ever believe, they would not last long if they were lazy. Serious TYPE A's with a supercharged desire to win.

Because of this I RARLY say or post anything about coaches or players (Other than recruiting)

I am not in the room with them watching film
I do not know what is going on in their personal lives
I do not know what players may or may not be going through
I do not know if the coaches kids or wife is sick
I do not know which players made a mistake on a certain play that cost UM a Touchdown (I can usually guess, but I really don't know because Im not in the trenches with them)
I do not know what pressure admin and other department heads are putting on the players and coaches.
Recruiting is cut throat and really last year around for coaches like Hauck and Justin Green
When I was a kid coaches could take 3 months off to relax and get recharged...That does not happen now, even at the HS level.

In other words, I have never met a coach that did not want to be successful and win every game that they coached. But sometimes other things get in the way from all the hard work that You (any coach) do.

And let's face it you can have the best off season, schedule and all the intangibles and still have a less than expected season. As a coaching friend of mine says "The F'ing ball isn't round!"

Yes there are sometime I grumble to myself but I don't believe in bashing coaches (or players for that matter) in public, because I think that is very unfair. For every 1 coach/player that isn't giving their best, I have seen 100's that are.

One last thing. A lot of people /Griz fans have REALLY high expectations, which is fine. But the last time I checked there were 120 FCS teams and the Griz are in the top 15 EVERY DAMN YEAR! I wish fans would stop bashing UM about the 10 teams in front of them and realize there are 100 that are behind them!

AS far as RTD...I feel like fans don't realize that UM Griz are Dominate! You put them in any FCS league but the Missouri Valley or Big Sky and they would likely kick the shat out of every team in that conference. And really its only 6 or 7 MV/Big Sky teams that UM needs to catch. They probably finish around 500 in the Mountain West.

As far as Hauck and company... What do you want? They win most of the games they coach, his players graduate and the Team GPA is 3.20 or something close to that. It appears that he has cleaned up the past problems. AND if it was so bad why do the players stay? Do things need to be changed/ twinked? Yes, but that is every year!

Is there things I would change? Yes but every coach does things a little different... And I and fans are in NO position to even remotely know what is going on inside of the fieldhouse and the coaches/ players at UM

+1! Thank you! :clap:

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:
No, it's about you. You are continuing to criticize, in part because you must not understand what a goal is. What are your goals in business and work? Have you ever achieved them? Are they low? Why are you still working? Why do you bounce around in jobs?

Well, unlike you, I don’t feel the need to advertise my credentials nor my accomplishments on a football message board.

And “bounce around”? I’ve been at my current position with my current company for over 10 years… You sure you’re ok? You have me confused with someone else? :? :?

I assume you have nothing to advertise. In my 45 year career, I had 2 jobs. Yes, it looks like you bounce around.

RoseyMustGo said:
AZDoc said:

so, after 5 years, our "overall depth was lacking throughout"??? And,whose fault is that? Who gets the blame for losing the in-state recruiting battles every year to the Cats? Is it Trumps' fault?

I don’t agree that UM lacked depth. Depth was good, except not good enough at qb.

Griz Addict said:
I'm actually starting to think that Rosey, is Soldier and not Growler... also could be uptop as well. They act exactly the same.

:lol:

Right back at ya...Are you PR?

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

I assume you have nothing to advertise. In my 45 year career, I had 2 jobs. Yes, it looks like you bounce around.

You go ahead and assume anything you want. Some day over a beer we can compare resumes, but not on a football message board. :thumb:

mthoopsfan said:
RoseyMustGo said:

I don’t agree that UM lacked depth. Depth was good, except not good enough at qb.

I would add O-line. We were fortunate not to suffer too much from an injury standpoint there. Backups infrequently played or rotated in until the games were blowouts.

Paytonlives said:
As some of you know, I coached on a High School Level in Montana and Texas and understand what it takes to get a team ready for games, training and the off season.
It is incredibly hard and I am honored to be in the same light as other Coaches. I have spoken with head coaches at a high Texas HS and FBS level and have been taught by them. LSU, Texas A&M, Houston, Texas etc... (We had a RB and went on to TCU and was the 3A (now 4A) Texas MVP and spent a few years in the NFL), so they were all on our HS campus. Our Head coach in Texas (that I coached under) is highly thought of in the coaching ranks and got calls daily from other coaches. He is a man of high integrity and always put the student ath. before everything else. (AND YES he won most of the games he coached in his career around 80%) I learned more than I ever thought I could about coaching and football from him and the other coaches I had the honor of sitting down with. I have never met a coach that did not work harder than you would ever believe, they would not last long if they were lazy. Serious TYPE A's with a supercharged desire to win.

Because of this I RARLY say or post anything about coaches or players (Other than recruiting)

I do not know which players made a mistake on a certain play that cost UM a Touchdown (I can usually guess, but I really don't know because Im not in the trenches with them)
I do not know what pressure admin and other department heads are putting on the players and coaches.
Recruiting is cut throat and really last year around for coaches like Hauck and Justin Green
When I was a kid coaches could take 3 months off to relax and get recharged...That does not happen now, even at the HS level.

In other words, I have never met a coach that did not want to be successful and win every game that they coached. But sometimes other things get in the way from all the hard work that You (any coach) do.

And let's face it you can have the best off season, schedule and all the intangibles and still have a less than expected season. As a coaching friend of mine says "The F'ing ball isn't round!"

Yes there are sometime I grumble to myself but I don't believe in bashing coaches (or players for that matter) in public, because I think that is very unfair. For every 1 coach/player that isn't giving their best, I have seen 100's that are.

One last thing. A lot of people /Griz fans have REALLY high expectations, which is fine. But the last time I checked there were 120 FCS teams and the Griz are in the top 15 EVERY DAMN YEAR! I wish fans would stop bashing UM about the 10 teams in front of them and realize there are 100 that are behind them!

AS far as RTD...I feel like fans don't realize that UM Griz are Dominate! You put them in any FCS league but the Missouri Valley or Big Sky and they would likely kick the shat out of every team in that conference. And really its only 6 or 7 MV/Big Sky teams that UM needs to catch. They probably finish around 500 in the Mountain West.

As far as Hauck and company... What do you want? They win most of the games they coach, his players graduate and the Team GPA is 3.20 or something close to that. It appears that he has cleaned up the past problems. AND if it was so bad why do the players stay? Do things need to be changed/ twinked? Yes, but that is every year!

Is there things I would change? Yes but every coach does things a little different... And I and fans are in NO position to even remotely know what is going on inside of the fieldhouse and the coaches/ players at UM

Some good insights Peyton. I too was a high football coach for a number of years, was a high school principal for nearly 20 years, and started for four years on four dominate Carroll football teams. We have had season tickets since 1991 and have only missed 2 games during that timeframe. My son is in high school and is currently being recruited by both the Griz and Cats. Totally different vibes between the two programs. The archaic mindset by the Griz coaches and for that matter, the entire athletics department is killing them. There is absolutely no question that the Griz are losing the in-state recruiting battle. I have another son that works in the athletic department and another that walked-on and graduated from the U. I think I have a pretty good perspective from lots of different angles. From my perspective, the Griz are not dominate and if you placed them in another conference they would not dominate. They win games against average or really bad teams and struggle against good teams. You're right, I am spoiled, I attended every national championship game and they were a blast. We are nowhere near that level. I do agree with you that coaches don't have mindset to purposely lose, but a failure to reflect and address issues that contribute to losing could be argued is preparing to lose. They pulled their qb in the quarterfinals for videographer because in Bobby's words "he gave us the best chance to win." Yet, they didn't address the issue in offseason and left the players out to dry @ Sac and Weber. I only have one expectation of the Griz every year and that's to play for the national title. We are lightyears away from that happening.

uptopgriz said:
Some good insights Peyton. I too was a high football coach for a number of years, was a high school principal for nearly 20 years, and started for four years on four dominate Carroll football teams. We have had season tickets since 1991 and have only missed 2 games during that timeframe. My son is in high school and is currently being recruited by both the Griz and Cats. Totally different vibes between the two programs. The archaic mindset by the Griz coaches and for that matter, the entire athletics department is killing them. There is absolutely no question that the Griz are losing the in-state recruiting battle. I have another son that works in the athletic department and another that walked-on and graduated from the U. I think I have a pretty good perspective from lots of different angles. From my perspective, the Griz are not dominate and if you placed them in another conference they would not dominate. They win games against average or really bad teams and struggle against good teams. You're right, I am spoiled, I attended every national championship game and they were a blast. We are nowhere near that level. I do agree with you that coaches don't have mindset to purposely lose, but a failure to reflect and address issues that contribute to losing could be argued is preparing to lose. They pulled their qb in the quarterfinals for videographer because in Bobby's words "he gave us the best chance to win." Yet, they didn't address the issue in offseason and left the players out to dry @ Sac and Weber. I only have one expectation of the Griz every year and that's to play for the national title. We are lightyears away from that happening.

2 comments:

1) It’s DOMINANT. Not domiNATE. They’re two different words. I would hope that a High School principal would know the difference (sorry, just a pet peeve of mine…and I see that particular word misused on this site with regularity).

2) I don’t have any expectation that the Griz PLAY for a national title every year, but I certainly believe as a program and as a fan base we should expect them to be competitive and compete for one. And yes, we are light years away from that happening.

And I agree 100%: A failure to reflect and acknowledge and address issues/weaknesses IS a coaching failure. From an outsider’s perspective this may be (collectively) this coaching staff’s biggest fault. Willingness to change.

AZGrizFan said:
uptopgriz said:

2 comments:

1) It’s DOMINANT. Not domiNATE. They’re two different words. I would hope that a High School principal would know the difference (sorry, just a pet peeve of mine…and I see that particular word misused on this site with regularity).

2) I don’t have any expectation that the Griz PLAY for a national title every year, but I certainly believe as a program and as a fan base we should expect them to be competitive and compete for one. And yes, we are light years away from that happening.

And I agree 100%: A failure to reflect and acknowledge and address issues/weaknesses IS a coaching failure. From an outsider’s perspective this may be (collectively) this coaching staff’s biggest fault. Willingness to change.

sorry, bud my posts are done on my phone with voice. Not going back to fix anything that wrong. Its a waste on my time. And yes, I agree with you. The failure to address issues is a monumnetal weakness.

uptopgriz said:
Paytonlives said:

I call BS on your post. Are you related to George Santos?

AZGrizFan said:
uptopgriz said:

2 comments:

I had not realized this fact before, but after I was corrected that we actually played 7 times in the NC game, I went back and looked at it. Do Griz fans realize that, from 1995-2009, a period of 14 seasons, we played in the NC game 50% of those years??? And against much better competition than the current FCS competition. I think understanding this fact supports perfectly why so many of us have higher expectations for our program than what Bobby Hauck 2.0 is delivering. A 6th place Big Sky finish after 5 years as head coach just doesn't cut it.

Look, I get it. Hauck is under contract next season, and isn't going anywhere. But I am simply amazed at the number of Griz fans who support extending his contract for another three years. Seriously, if that happens, we are looking at Hauck being our coach for 9 seasons! Any 3-year extension will guarantee he will be here for the full duration of his 3-year extension, because financial restrictions will prevent any early firing. It just doesn't happen for UM or MSU. Think about that for a few minutes!

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Do you assume that anybody who bounces around isn’t successful? I guess the majority of football coaches aren’t successful then.

RoseyMustGo said:
AZGrizFan said:
2 comments:

I had not realized this fact before, but after I was corrected that we actually played 7 times in the NC game, I went back and looked at it. Do Griz fans realize that, from 1995-2009, a period of 14 seasons, we played in the NC game 50% of those years??? And against much better competition than the current FCS competition. I think understanding this fact supports perfectly why so many of us have higher expectations for our program than what Bobby Hauck 2.0 is delivering. A 6th place Big Sky finish after 5 years as head coach just doesn't cut it.

Yes, Griz fans realize that. Griz fans also realize that between 1991 and 2009, ANY Freshman player that spent 4 years on the Griz squad went to at least ONE National Championship game (and many of them went to multiple). For 18 years you were a LOCK to get to an NC game if you went to Montana. And since then? Nada. Zip. Zilch. Squat. Zero. Nothing.

PTGrizzly said:
mthoopsfan said:

Do you assume that anybody who bounces around isn’t successful? I guess the majority of football coaches aren’t successful then.

Resume alert:

I will say this: I had a 27-year military career (I bounced around a lot, but not by choice :lol: ), enlisting as an E-2. Set a goal (PR) to become an officer and was selected for an enlisted commissioning program in 1985 and finished my military career as an O-4E (goal accomplished). I’ve followed that up with a 28 year banking career in which I’ve had six jobs. Each with increasing responsibility, or at bigger companies, and each with better pay. Not sure how the attorney world works, but in banking (and most other businesses) if you want a step increase in pay or responsibility, you typically have to look outside your current employer. There’s no harm in that, but PR makes it seem like there is.

Was a CFO of a small institution for 5 years, then at a larger financial institution for 9 years. Set a goal (that was for you, PR) to be a CEO of a financial institution before I was 50. At 47 I was selected to be CEO of a smaller financial institution and found out on day FOUR that the prior CEO had been stealing from the company and it was not viable in the long term. Ended up merging that financial institution into another and got ANOTHER CEO position at a financial institution 200 miles away from my family. Did that for TWO years (driving back and forth on weekends) until we all got tired of it, then was selected for my current position as CFO of a $13 BILLION institution. So, 5 jobs in 26 years, one of which was not by choice. If that’s considered “bouncing around”, and if being CEO of two different organizations and CFO of a $13 Billion institution (top 15 in the country) isn’t considered achieving goals, well I guess I’ll just have to reevaluate my lot in life.

On the back porch. Overlooking the water. At my lakehouse. :cool: :cool:

Maybe I’ll take a spin in my Griz-colored ‘69 GTO convertible to ease the pain of the myriad horrible decisions I’ve made in life. Or I could get into my ‘79 Freewheeling Bronco and take a spin around the Ford Off-Rodeo facility that’s 9 miles down the road. From my lake house.

I don’t know…I’ve never contemplated this issue before. If anyone has any thoughts I’d be happy to hear them. Before this morning I didn’t realize I was a failure in life. :lol:

mthoopsfan said:
uptopgriz said:

I call BS on your post. Are you related to George Santos?

I also have doctoral degree and I'm a published author. My research focuses on American Indians. I sent you a question regarding your heritage yesterday that you didn't answer.

Back