• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Question For Payton

RoseyMustGo said:
And there we have it. Within minutes, we have two fans post who agree that finishing in the top 15 is perfectly fine, and we should accept and be happy with that performance. But another poster aspires to the opposite point-of-view, remembering deep playoff runs against a MUCH STRONGER FCS field, 5 visits to the NC game, two National Championships, and routinely beating the Cats and winning the conference.

The problem is that we re-hired a coach who participated in those years of dominance........ and who promised us that he would return us to those years........ and after 5 seasons, we are not even close to ANY of those past accomplishments! And this is exactly why me, and many others in Griz Nation, desire a change of direction.

posting the same thing, with the same shared user names, post-after-post- after-post, and expecting a different result, is a definition of insanity.

Fixed it for ya

mthoopsfan said:
RoseyMustGo said:
Marshall.....W
Marshall.....L
Georgia Southern.....L
Furman.......W
Richmond....L (?)

Which games am I missing?

You really have lost it and don't even know or recall the basics of Griz football. That's pretty funny. Big mouth; little memory.

STFU, you're not even an alumnus of UM. You just appease your fragile ego by chasing coaches around town and bragging about how much of a big shot you are.

Paytonlives said:
mthoopsfan said:
Nobody said that finishing in the top 15 is "perfecting fine". Why can't you just stick with what posters actually say?

Yes, we in fact are close to RTD. Top 8 finishes in seasons 2 and 3, and a disappointing 14 last season (due to not having our very good qb healthy). With a healthy Johnson, I think the Griz would have been at least a semi-final team last fall. That would have been RTD. It didn't happen, but it's clear the team is filling its holes and gearing up for a big season next fall. Why can't you appreciate and enjoy that?

And, we haven't had 5 seasons. 4 seasons and a covid year. An average of top 10 in the past 3 seasons. Pretty good, but not where we want to be.

Yes.... The goal should always be a NC... But that is not easy to do

And impossible for a coaching staff stuck in the 90s

RoseyMustGo said:
mthoopsfan said:
You really have lost it and don't even know or recall the basics of Griz football. That's pretty funny. Big mouth; little memory.

STFU, you're not even an alumnus of UM. You just appease your fragile ego by chasing coaches around town and bragging about how much of a big shot you are.

You never even played football. Like they say in Texas, it ain't braggin if it's true. I like your bragging: "I've been a paid member of Rivals for a long time." Wow. Simply amazing.

RoseyMustGo said:
And there we have it. Within minutes, we have two fans post who agree that finishing in the top 15 is perfectly fine, and we should accept and be happy with that performance. But another poster aspires to the opposite point-of-view, remembering deep playoff runs against a MUCH STRONGER FCS field, 5 visits to the NC game, two National Championships, and routinely beating the Cats and winning the conference.

The problem is that we re-hired a coach who participated in those years of dominance........ and who promised us that he would return us to those years........ and after 5 seasons, we are not even close to ANY of those past accomplishments! And this is exactly why me, and many others in Griz Nation, desire a change of direction.

Doing the same thing, with the same old coaches, year-after-year, and expecting a different result, is a definition of insanity.
Payton understands the grinds and frustrations of coaching. I don't agree with every thing Bobby and his staff do. BUT like Payton said none of us are at practice everyday. None of us bust our asses recruiting kids from all over the nation. None of us are working long hours away from our families for Griz football. These guys are the coaches of the team I cheer for. Therefore I support them. They are going to be back next year regardless of how much non stop bitching on a fan forum anyone does. They will make mistakes because they are human. But they are all competitors and I think pretty good coaches for FCS football. I'm sure they are frustrated after last season too. You can stay pissed off everyday until September if you choose to. Or you can see the big picture like Payton.

Paytonlives said:
SoldierGriz said:
How about winning the conference? How about beating the neighbors? How about winning the National Championship?

Good grief...IT IS NOT WORKING.

How much more does this staff need the FCS to water down before they meet some basic expectations?

Griz used to be feared....that is simply gone. Long gong....

So you think thats easy?

Like I said there are some fans that just don't get it,

Big Sky Conference is toughest FCS in the nation
Are 1-1 in the last two with kittens (After covid)
Only 4 teams have won a NC in the last 12 years. SD State, Sam Houston, James Madison and NDSU (9 Times)

Your goals are all within reach for UM

if UM sucks so bad why not look for another team to follow? or better yet give us a list with teams that meet your "basic expectations" every year
So win Conference
Beat rival
and win National Championship

Ill give you NDSU

Now add to the list

I will not look for another team. GRIZ are my heart and soul.

But, I also will not settle. The FCS is so friggin watered down now, it's ridiculous.

Those are not my goals....those are the Griz goals....

So, why don't your coaches set some new goals?

1. Finish in top half of BSC. It is a tough conference after all.
2. Beat the neighbors every 4 or 5 years.
2. Get into the playoffs...and never even sniff the National championship game...

Figures. Low IQ poster and moderator.

Paytonlives said:
SoldierGriz said:
How about winning the conference? How about beating the neighbors? How about winning the National Championship?

Good grief...IT IS NOT WORKING.

How much more does this staff need the FCS to water down before they meet some basic expectations?

Griz used to be feared....that is simply gone. Long gong....

So you think thats easy?

Only 4 teams have won a NC in the last 12 years. SD State, Sam Houston, James Madison and NDSU (9 Times)

if UM sucks so bad why not look for another team to follow? or better yet give us a list with teams that meet your "basic expectations" every year
So win Conference
Beat rival

Ill give you NDSU

Now add to the list

They will never understand. He just wanted an excuse to say the same crap again. He's obnoxiously annoying. He thinks if he whines enough, the griz will figure it all out. Will you just ban the dude? For the sake of all egriz... it's needed. Sick and tired of coming on here and reading the same crap over n over n over .

BTW you're now my favorite poster Payton! Someone that understands that you can't just whine and get a championship.

This guy has never won anything in his life and when his sports team doesn't win, it hurts him even more. He can't even have success through others. This guy has serious mental problems. He needs to go to counseling for sure.

Why is it when you merely point out that what they’re doing isn’t working you’re automatically labeled a bad fan? Or, for fucks sake, has MENTAL PROBLEMS??? Seriously?

GodforfuckingBID you dare to question the status quo.

Put me down in Soldier’s camp. If the goals are so all-fired unreachable, set some different goals. But as he pointed out those are THEIR GOALS. Not ours. Not Missoula’s. Their BOBBY’S stated goals. And he’s failing miserably at those goals. 0-5 on BSC championships. 0-5 NC’s. 1-3 against the ‘Scats. Pointing out that fact doesn’t make one a bad fan or mean they have mental problems.

I'm actually starting to think that Rosey, is Soldier and not Growler... also could be uptop as well. They act exactly the same.

AZGrizFan said:
Why is it when you merely point out that what they’re doing isn’t working you’re automatically labeled a bad fan? Or, for fudge sake, has MENTAL PROBLEMS??? Seriously?

fudge you dare to question the status quo.

Put me down in Soldier’s camp. If the goals are so all-fired unreachable, set some different goals. But as he pointed out those are THEIR GOALS. Not ours. Not Missoula’s. Their BOBBY’S stated goals. And he’s failing miserably at those goals. 0-5 on BSC championships. 0-5 NC’s. 1-3 against the ‘Scats. Pointing out that fact doesn’t make one a bad fan or mean they have mental problems.

What they are doing is in fact working, although there is still work to do. Hauck brought the team back from the dead, starting in season 2. A set back this year, primarily due to the qb not being healthy, but still 2 playoff games and 1 win.

No says those goals are unreachable, but note that they are goals. That's all. Who sets very high goals and reaches them every year? Pretty much no one, if they set very high goals. Do you set high goals? Have you ever come close to reaching them? If so, let's see your goals.

Almost no one gets to be national champion. In recent decades, almost no one other than NDSU.

Actually, pointing out the stuff you point out, incessantly, does make you a bad fan. The Griz don't need "fans" like you, in my view.

Griz Addict said:
I'm actually starting to think that Rosey, is Soldier and not Growler... also could be uptop as well. They act exactly the same.

Talk about mental issues. Everyone who disagrees with you is some giant fucking conspiracy of multiple accounts all from the same person. Couldn’t POSSIBLY be more than one person out there who’s dissatisfied with the status quo?

Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkle!

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:
Why is it when you merely point out that what they’re doing isn’t working you’re automatically labeled a bad fan? Or, for fudge sake, has MENTAL PROBLEMS??? Seriously?

What they are doing is in fact working. Hauck brought the team back from the dead, starting in season 2. A set back this year, primarily due to the qb not being healthy, but still 2 playoff games and 1 win.

No says those goals are unreachable, but note that they are goals. That's all. Who sets very high goals and reaches them every year? Pretty much no one, if they set very high goals. Do you set high goals? Have you ever come close to reaching them? If so, let's see your goals.

Almost no one gets to be national champion. In recent decades, almost no one other than NDSU.

Actually, pointing out the stuff you point out, incessantly, does make you a bad fan. The Griz don't need "fans" like you, in my view.

This isn’t about me, PR. It’s about Bobby. HE set those goals. And he’s not come close on any of them in 5 years.

And I personally couldn’t give two shits what you think about my fandom.

AZGrizFan said:
mthoopsfan said:
What they are doing is in fact working. Hauck brought the team back from the dead, starting in season 2. A set back this year, primarily due to the qb not being healthy, but still 2 playoff games and 1 win.

This isn’t about me, PR. It’s about Bobby. HE set those goals. And he’s not come close on any of them in 5 years.

And I personally couldn’t give two poop what you think about my fandom.

No, it's about you. You are continuing to criticize, in part because you must not understand what a goal is. What are your goals in business and work? Have you ever achieved them? Are they low? Why are you still working? Why do you bounce around in jobs?

AZGrizFan said:

It's fine to point out a problem, that's not a problem. But, do you have to repeat yourself a thousand times a day and take it to heart so bad that you're gonna end up having a heart attack? We all know last year was a let down. The previous 2 years were 10 win seasons. We still made it to the playoffs and got a win. The griz are not far off from competing. Do you think anyone even thought about an NC when Stittles was here? No. It was obvious it wasn't. The weird thing is, is that Bobby has done a lot more than Shitt did but, people are bitching more about Bobby than they did him.... the griz were basically irrelevant since Pflu was here. Bobby brang us back into the conversation, at least. Aka why last year had such high expectations. Nobody was demanding championships when Delaney or Stitt was here. So why are you so concerned that Bobby hasn't taken us to an NC yet? I have no doubt in my mind that he will, the griz have suffered through a lot. Getting past the NCAA violations takes many years to recover from. We missed out on a lot of players and depth. Then add in the shit coaches UM hired. Kids want to play for a team that can compete for a title, which led many recruits astray. Recruits see we have been on the rise and probably realize we were 1 qb away from being NC quality. Even with these "horrible coaches" as you'd say, our biggest downfall was not having a reliable #2. I could go on forever but, it's all pointless.

No one is going to change your guys' minds and you aren't going to change ours. So can we please move the fuck on and quit bitching and start looking forward to the upcoming season. If you aren't looking forward to it, don't be a griz fan. Any season can go anyway. We might go 1-10. We might go undefeated. No one knows but, what I do know is I will be cheering on my favorite team from my home state and hope they kick ass! ❤️ Go Griz!

AZGrizFan said:
Griz Addict said:

Talk about mental issues. Everyone who disagrees with you is some giant fudge conspiracy of multiple accounts all from the same person. Couldn’t POSSIBLY be more than one person out there who’s dissatisfied with the status quo?

Everyone? I've only said this about them and I said hoops was PR before everyone knew. I was right too. So I definitely wouldn't say everyone. I don't give a shit if people disagree but, those 3 guys say the same damn thing every day. They just all 3 happen to be grudge hold Hauck haters that can't possibly move on from their whining? I've never met anyone that has whined as much as those 3. Shit, if it was a conspiracy, I'd throw your name in there too but, I don't because you don't write and act the exact same way as they do.

Griz Addict said:
Paytonlives said:
So you think thats easy?

So win Conference
Beat rival

Ill give you NDSU

Now add to the list

They will never understand. He just wanted an excuse to say the same crap again. He's obnoxiously annoying. He thinks if he whines enough, the griz will figure it all out. Will you just ban the dude? For the sake of all egriz... it's needed. Sick and tired of coming on here and reading the same crap over n over n over .

BTW you're now my favorite poster Payton! Someone that understands that you can't just whine and get a championship.

This guy has never won anything in his life and when his sports team doesn't win, it hurts him even more. He can't even have success through others. This guy has serious mental problems. He needs to go to counseling for sure.

You are one pathetic individual. Ban him Payton! Pleaaaaaase ban him! For the sake of all egriz, ban him! Do you want a charcuterie plate with your whine? Grow a pair Alice

Griz Addict said:
AZGrizFan said:
Talk about mental issues. Everyone who disagrees with you is some giant fudge conspiracy of multiple accounts all from the same person. Couldn’t POSSIBLY be more than one person out there who’s dissatisfied with the status quo?

Everyone? I've only said this about them and I said hoops was PR before everyone knew. I was right too. So I definitely wouldn't say everyone. I don't give a poop if people disagree but, those 3 guys say the same damn thing every day. They just all 3 happen to be grudge hold Hauck haters that can't possibly move on from their whining? I've never met anyone that has whined as much as those 3. poop, if it was a conspiracy, I'd throw your name in there too but, I don't because you don't write and act the exact same way as they do.

Paul is dead! I am the walrus...... Coo Coo Achu!

Griz Addict said:
AZGrizFan said:

It's fine to point out a problem, that's not a problem. But, do you have to repeat yourself a thousand times a day and take it to heart so bad that you're gonna end up having a heart attack? We all know last year was a let down. The previous 2 years were 10 win seasons. We still made it to the playoffs and got a win. The griz are not far off from competing. Do you think anyone even thought about an NC when Stittles was here? No. It was obvious it wasn't. The weird thing is, is that Bobby has done a lot more than Shitt did but, people are bitching more about Bobby than they did him.... the griz were basically irrelevant since Pflu was here. Bobby brang us back into the conversation, at least. Aka why last year had such high expectations. Nobody was demanding championships when Delaney or Stitt was here. So why are you so concerned that Bobby hasn't taken us to an NC yet? I have no doubt in my mind that he will, the griz have suffered through a lot. Getting past the NCAA violations takes many years to recover from. We missed out on a lot of players and depth. Then add in the shit coaches UM hired. Kids want to play for a team that can compete for a title, which led many recruits astray. Recruits see we have been on the rise and probably realize we were 1 qb away from being NC quality. Even with these "horrible coaches" as you'd say, our biggest downfall was not having a reliable #2. I could go on forever but, it's all pointless.

No one is going to change your guys' minds and you aren't going to change ours. So can we please move the fuck on and quit bitching and start looking forward to the upcoming season. If you aren't looking forward to it, don't be a griz fan. Any season can go anyway. We might go 1-10. We might go undefeated. No one knows but, what I do know is I will be cheering on my favorite team from my home state and hope they kick ass! ❤️ Go Griz!

:lol: :lol: If nobody was “demanding championships” Stitt would still be here. And yet here we are FIVE years later and we don’t have a CONFERENCE championship let alone having sniffed a NC—not even sniffed an APPEARANCE.

Question: Who’s job is it to make sure there’s a reliable #2?

RoseyMustGo said:
Griz Addict said:
Everyone? I've only said this about them and I said hoops was PR before everyone knew. I was right too. So I definitely wouldn't say everyone. I don't give a poop if people disagree but, those 3 guys say the same damn thing every day. They just all 3 happen to be grudge hold Hauck haters that can't possibly move on from their whining? I've never met anyone that has whined as much as those 3. poop, if it was a conspiracy, I'd throw your name in there too but, I don't because you don't write and act the exact same way as they do.

Paul is dead! I am the walrus...... Coo Coo Achu!

You're definitely on meth. Bro you're straight obsessed with hate. I think everyone is tired of reading your 1 post 1000000 times.

mthoopsfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

And I personally couldn’t give two poop what you think about my fandom.

No, it's about you. You are continuing to criticize, in part because you must not understand what a goal is. What are your goals in business and work? Have you ever achieved them? Are they low? Why are you still working? Why do you bounce around in jobs?

Why do you ruin every thread with your incessant condescending shtick?

Back